Is the ASUS VG248QE a good monitor...

Is the ASUS VG248QE a good monitor? I'm thinking of buying it since I want a 144hz monitor that isn't going to cost me a fortune. Is it worth going with the VG248QE or should I invest $100 more to get a 144hz G-Sync AOC monitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZyAOtQOu2YM
asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG248Q/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's old news these days. Find something else, and just switch to AMD with FreeSync instead of coughing up money for JEW-SYNC.

no you buy a f240h or nixeus vue 24' which costs less than the vg248qe and come with freesync, then switch your gpu to AMD and enjoy your freesync+AMD experience at much less of the cost than nvidia+gsync.

xf240h*

>1080p in 2017 -2

>AMD cards in 2016

Really? The people suggesting this are total morons.

AOC is the best brand

>5 days from Vega

Wait for the freshly announced 240hz version

It's still one of the best if you don't care about poor colours. BenQ 144Hz monitors are also decent.

Don't buy Korean crap. Many of them have shitty controllers for their panels, and as such they often have more input lag. Gsync and Freesync are also useless, just run your games at above 144fps like you should.

180 and 240Hz monitors are coming to the market but the difference isn't that noticable.

Really depends on what kind of price you want to pay but that monitor came out in 2013 so i'd pass if I were you.

Recently got the Viewsonic XG2401 because of all the praise it gets in its price range.

It's really a good monitor, also love the stand.

youtu.be/ZyAOtQOu2YM

Watch that you bellend, Why is it deemed 1 company is better than the other?

What about the games you cant run at 144ps?
Oh and before you start I own a 144hz gsync monitor and 2 1080s.

they way I do it is to play fps games or anything that benefits from 144hz on my 144hz tn and games that I can't run on high fps on my 60hz ips for better colors. this way tearing is never an issue for the 144hz monitor and no sync is required.

I've got that screen and honestly I couldn't be happier. After some tweakings to the colours and brilliance through OSD options and NVIDIA's control center, it's great.
Don't listen to shills, both Free-sync and G-sync are garbage. If you want a 1080p 144 Hz screen, VG248QE is hard to beat.

Then you dont play much on the 144hz.
With gsync you dont have to swap.

So its garbage as you couldnt afford to buy the better one?
Classic excuse.
Also 1080p 144hz. whats the point? 1440p 144hz is the only sensible one

What is the best monitor for

>not shit picture quality
>high refresh rate

???

Reading comprehension: E

1440p x 144 Hz is a meme. What card can push 1440p at more than 100 fps?

My 1080s can easily. You literally know fuck all dont you.
Even a 980ti can push that.

not everyone has enough money for sli 1080s or even a single 980 TI, your argument is so fucking stupid and assumes everyone is spending as much money as you which is no where near true.
1080p 144hz is fine.for people not looking to spend thousands on PC gaming.
also enjoy getting cucked when the 1080TI comes out at the same cost as your 1080.

I would swap either way because of the colors. the only way to stick to one would be 144hz 1440p ips gsync and for that price I can skip installing GTA and go to 10 real hookers.

doesn't matter though since I mostly play fps games atm.

any korean monitor with the proper overclocking knowhow, albeit be ready to watercool the backplate if necessary.

easily? not quite. as a 1080 euntheist i can attest to their performance being quite overrated; or at least misunderstood.

on max graphical settings with anti aliasing at x16, 1440p well... it can struggle to even reach 60 fps, much less the 90 required for non-nausia.

disappointing to say the least.

Then why buy a 144hz monitor without the gsync/freesync if you havent the other hardware?
Thats just one of the most retarded things. You will get tearing constantly.
My argument isnt stupid as I just explained.
Literally you spunked money on monitor you cant get the most out of.

what game? I have no issues bar 1 game, Ark . what other specs do you have.

It's decent for the cash. I bought 3. This was 2 or 3 years ago though. There are better options but it's okay for entry level 144hz. Also, if your gutsy enough, you can mod the VG248QE to do G-Sync.

every single game i've played out of the 86 in my library. my specs? 64 gb of server grade ram, overclocked and watercooled, a nvidio duo motherboard, that is to say, a motherboard with two nvidia 1080s dangling off it lol, and a nice decacore cpu overclocked to 3.9 ghz on a good day, top it all off with a pci ssd and you're beginning to see the extent of the build.

in other words, a godly pc that should hypothetically have no issues running trivial games - yet? 1440 proves to still be too demanding even in regards to AA being set to x16 and all settings on ultra.

Then you have an issue .Others including myself dont have this issue.
Can you post a speccy image please.

are you that much of an idiot that you keep overlooking the x16 AA statement; or did you want me to spoil the joke myself?

of course i have no issues with my godly computer fool.

protip: he won't
strawman mcgee wants to self flagellate.

I think you are full of shit. Either post speccy or hush.
You are so right.

No you can't. The kits practically don't exist.

The kits are $200 . How can you justify paying that for it rather than just buying one with it built in
That setup will struggle with 1080p in todays games.

No I ignored the 16 statement, I find it funny you think you know about this stuff when you clearly dont.

It's an option, I. Didn't say it was a smart one. I figured the price for those would have dropped by now

>Is the ASUS VG248QE a good monitor?

No, it uses PWM which you should avoid like the plague if you value your eyes.

I'm also looking for a G-Sync monitor and found an Asus PG248Q on sale for 400€.
Y/N?

asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG248Q/

yes, very good monitors

You mean
>5 days before the announcement of Vega

Which will hit shelfs in June 2017 which means AMD will be one genration behindert again. Srsly I really Hope they start selling it right away after CES. I really want Vega. But I lost hopes in AMD.

I was looking at this one too. But I'm not sure about 1080p yet, maybe I should go 1440p. I have a GTX 1080 soon.

I'm comfortable at 1080p with 970. Probably gonna pick this one!

>$400 for a TN,1080p/144hz monitor just because jewsync
>just bought a 1440p/144hz IPS FREESYNC monitor for the same price
nvidia are amazing at marketing to clueless people.

I know it sucks but I'd rather not change GPU right now as I'm only looking for a new monitor. I'm fine with 1080p but IPS would be nice. Thanks Nvidia :^)

Which AMD card can power that at those framerates?

So you hate one huge corporation but love the other? I cant work you idiots out. Do you think AMD give two fucks? they just want your money, they know they have to aim at the poor end of the scale though.

No AMD can do 1440p 144hz amazingly. The 1070/1080 and titan can.

Yeah, that was my point. I don't see why 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitors exist.

Because AMD and companies know twats like will buy them because its amd and theyre the good guys.
In reality the fucking spastic has just spunked money on a inferior bag of shyte which his shit pc wont even have the specs to run half decently

144Hz freesync/g-sync is a ridiculously over exaggerated meme. Why the fuck would anyone not completely retarded sacrifice colours and visual fidelity for a piss poor TN panel for muh frames like you're all fucking pro gamers or some shit.

Buy a solid 1080p/1440p IPS display if you value your eyes.

>asus MX239H (pic related)
>Dell Ultrasharp U2414H
>Dell Ultrasharp U2713H

Solid displays just off the top off my head. I'm sure there are plenty more displays out there that are actually good and do not look like dog shit smeared over a panel.

It's not even about muh pro gaming, it's about smoothness.

Playing fast games where you move your view around a lot is insanely different with 144hz+G/FreeSync. Smooth as hell, which is far more important for games than singular pretty shots.

Because JewSync has a $200 premium attached to it compared to freesync

i have it i like it

I just finished a rig with a gtx 1080
Should i go for 4k?
144 Hz?
IPS?
JewSync?

I think JewSync is out of the question, and a 4k 144hz is way out of my price range
so is like 1440p 144hz worth it?