Explain me why aren't you using slackware right now

Explain me why aren't you using slackware right now.

cause the autistics here like gentoo

my VPS provider didn't provide an image

>>It's easy to install
>>It's easy to install software with slackbuilds

Where is the autism?

>slackbuilds
Probably on your reading skills. Read it again.

we're full :^)

Slackware does not contribute to the Linux community, it never did.
Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat, SUSE Linux are trying their best to take linux computing further by actually developing stuff. What did Slackware ever do. It's been there for ages. It survived so long but yet to achieve ANYthing. Much like a cockroaches that survived ice age but never really obtained anything meaning full like Dinosaurs or Mammoths.
This might hurt you but Slackware community is a poison that Linux has no use for. What did they ever contribute to? Developing/contributing to BTRFS? Snapper? Kcraft/Kernel hotpatching? FreeDesktop? GNOME? KDE? Wayland? Mir? Snaps? Flatpak? LXC containers? OpenZFS? OBS? Convergence? KVM? High-end Xeon (or instanbul) support? GRO? Systemd-ui/kcm? KIWI?

I'll tell you what slackware ever did: Bitch and moan about systemd - because bitching and moaning is ONLY what Slackware is good for. It's pathetic and has a negative effect on the community.

The slackware userbase is just as pretentious: they never did anything productive because they are too busy in going to online forums to show off their manual dependency management skills instead of getting real things done. They will NOT like to admit there's no dependancy management because there's a sever lack of devs as mentioned in the number one reason in Slackware faqs. They'll BLINDLY follow what their cult leader do: use an abandonware bootloader and preach its superiority over any other bootloaders, or sperg about how vanilla their distro is.
When they are asked why they use the distro they ALL will give you the same brainwashed, mindless response: "Because of stability".
The users seem to forget the simple fact that Slackware does NOT fix ANY (again: ANY) upstream bugs. So if there's any bug in x-org or gtk, those packages will be just as buggy in Slackware as in Ubuntu. They just seem to forget that Slackware isn't more stable than other distros with the SAME bugs that causes instability.
Some of them will claim "Slackware doesn't have distro specific bugs"
However as I write this Slackware has had total of 35 security vulnerabilities: 9 of which is DoS, 13 remote code excecution, 10 Overflows, a memory corruption, a login bypass and 3 privilege esclations. (CVE details)

Now I know what you are thinking: "I should put my feet on the backpedal and claim it has ((less)) distro specific bugs"
Excuse me? I heard slackware is a "vanilla distro". If it were SO great, why are there vanilla bugs. If you are comparing to distros that are ten times more usable like ubuntu, I'd trade those bugs with usability and productivity. Ubuntu has paid, professional maintainers unlike an unemployed community of hobbyists.

I think we should completely exile them, they can move to BSD or some other garbage.

It's not the 90s

I don't like the hassle of manual dependency resolution.
Other than that, it's a really comfy distro.

I am using it, because it's the only linux distro I've ever liked and the only one that's ever worked the way I've expected it to.

because I don't need to be spoonfed and use linux from scratch

t.archfag

it provides nonfree firmware and software

Nice pastas

Wow you spread some definite asshurt with that. Going to download the ISO right now.

Slackware causes insane levels of butthurt and autism from those who hate it. If Ubuntu and redhat and whatever have such brilliant programmers, why aren't they pushing patches upstream rather than modifying the package and resulting in fragmentation and distribution specific bugs. Seems incredibly selfish of them.

>Much like a cockroaches that survived ice age but never really obtained anything meaningful like Dinosaurs or Mammoths
haushdiaushd good one

> imblying debian maintainers are package-specific developers

>why aren't they pushing patches upstream

RH has an "upstream first" policy

Once I have alien bobs repo setup, any package I need is available and if it's not, just a minute or two getting it from slackbuilds.

Because CRUX and Gentoo are superior

Just redhat?

im not a slacker, im a productive member of society

Discovering sbotools saved me a whole day of labor when building things like ffmpeg.
Still, package managers have gotten good enough over the years that manual dependency resolution is pointless.

I just want i3{,blocks}-gaps, but compiling from source always fails, even after dependencies been met.

Hi grandpa! :^)

Did you read the README or any other documentation? What happened?

install gentoo

Did you succeed in compiling it?
Now, give me the .slackbuild file.

I rather spend 15 minutes installing Slackware than 6 hours getting the same results with Gentoo

i can't because i am using it

I did

Used it for about a week after distrohopping for a long time
Got fucking fed up of compiling every dependence and installing it by hand because the repos are so anemic and everything in them is fucking outdated shit ancient egyptians could've used if they had computers
Now imagine if I fucked up and had to reinstall, I'd have to compile all that shit all over again

Plus Slackware's maintainer said he doesn't have time for the project anymore so I just installed Xubuntu and never looked back

Absolutely useless distro that really has no defining features besides being the oldest surviving one and being outdated

People say it's great because it's so stable, yeah, when you can't do shit with it then I guess it'll never crash.

I'm lazy.

You liar, Patrick still works on Slackware.

Get AIDS, shill.

Who the fuck cares if he works on it or not if a new version is released roughly once every 30 years and the repos have nothing beyond what you get on the installation CD.

Slackbuilds is the only reason why people even bother with this trash. That and distro-hipsterism.

Not Slackware's daily you're too much of a lazy nigger to use sbotools or just setup alien bobs repo.

>Distro hipsterism
Stop using words you don't even understand, fag.

Yep, community has to do all the work to make it worthwhile because the distro itself is worthless