Since mint is cucked by a backdoor what distro should I use

Since mint is cucked by a backdoor what distro should I use.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Windows 10 with Bash

Use Ubuntu Mate.

Debian

arch

Right now I'm on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 and everything is pretty comfy and just werks. I plan to switch to Debian Stretch once they release the official stable version, unless it's garbage.

I'd love to use Arch I will definitely fuck myself by saying this on Sup Forums but I'm not smart enough too.

This.

>Since mint is cucked by a backdoor
Is this a real thing or just another meme?

Solus

Fedora + Xfce

Xubuntu, you fucking noob.

>recommends *ubuntu
>calls others noobs

Xubuntu or fedora with xfce

Ubuntu Gnome then install Cinnamon from the PPA

Ubuntu Mate. It's like ubuntu, but without the applied canonical cancer, it doesn't want to eat your ram away or show you that you need a 5-wheeled cars to live (gnome3, KDE). Also sir user, could you elaborate on the backdoor? Eager to hear about it.

happen once all of a sudden everyone bring it up everytime mint is metion

use debian testing.

Solus.

will someone explain this solus shit to me? this the new gentoo?

Lubuntu you fucking babby

No, it's a Linux distribution that "just werks" without a shit load of bloat.

Void for your desktops.
NixOS for your servers.

Never look back OP.

It's a pointless circlejerk. The creator should have just made the DE a package on existing distros but he created his own as a technical exercise which was utterly unnecessary and now Kevin meme'd it up and people actually use it.

Don't fucking bother with Solus, just install the budgie desktop on your own distro if you really want it that bad. Let Solus die.

Debian Testing.
I hope you have your repos set to Stretch.

>Ride stretch for ~2 months
>Switch back to testing

Void. Runit and xbps are nice

Solus is a distribution that should have just been a desktop environment. Gentoo is a great learning experience and a solid distro choice that has been around for years.

If you install budgie on Gentoo, there is no point to Solus. If you like the technical decisions of Solus aside from budgie and want a binary distro then just use arch/void.

Make it nude and shove it down the SJWs face

Opensuse Tumbleweed. Rolling release, stable, and open build.

Upgrading laptop, comes installed with windows 10.
Never used Linux in my life.
Which one is best for complete amateur?

Ubuntu or Mint to get your feet wet.

Solus is the future of linux.

Written from scratch!

>Hey guys, let's keep "recommending" non-Debian based distros

>not smart enough to copy and paste commands from the arch wiki

ZorinOS

>masterrace distro with ancient, shit DE
Why would anyone do that?

>OP claims something without providing any source or proof
>Everybody jumps on the train
I hate this board sometimes.

It's because that one time their website got hacked and the download links referred to modified iso's. It says little about the security of the OS, especially considering the website isn't running from a mint system.

Can vouch for openSUSE, have used Ubuntu LTS for a long while, openSUSE Tumbleweed feels like LTS but with newer packages and a properly patched KDE.

Btrfs is highly recommended if you meddle a lot with unofficial repositories (PPA equivalent in openSUSE) as
Snapper making rolling back updates easy with Btrfs snapshots .

Make sure to lower your snapshot count on small disks:
sudo snapper set-config NUMBER_LIMIT=2-10 NUMBER_LIMIT_IMPORTANT=4-10

Take note that it's just not as big as Debian based distributions and not as well supported.

It's better than Unity
Is gecko OS a meme? Apparently it "fixes" some things on openSUSE.

>It's better than Unity
No.
It doesn't even have a default hotkey to search for and start applications. In le trash it goes. I will never again through to such an awful hassle then clicking through menus

>gecko OS
As far as I can tell it's just a mildly stripped down version of OpenSUSE that deals better with proprietary stuff. The only real point in using it is the out-of-the-box experience.

9gag called, they want their stray retard back.

Peppermint

Zorin or Elementary

>he wants an OS that works and is easy to handle
>he is a retard
okay

I'm not your mate, pal. And Ubuntu is crap.

Isn't Elementary still unfinished/in beta?

sourceforge.net/projects/windows-10-lite/

here take windows 10 lite no bloat and removed some privacy hazards

Actually pretty cool

w10

>sourceforge
botnet

Thanks for the virus

*Abomination with bash

Fedora.

Ubuntu. Play around with it a bit, then look into installing different desktop environments (major ones are Unity, KDE, Cinnamon, Pantheon, Mate, lxde, xfce and GNOME) or trying the different Ubuntu derivatives. Anything with *buntu* and Linux Mint are pretty much all the same thing but they ship with a different desktop environment rather than vanilla Ubuntu's Unity.

Really, the majority of distros out there is just some kid taking a major distro (Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.), swapping out and/or modifying the DE and installing some epic apps that you can install yourself.

Linux really isn't that hard unless you make it.

From Ubuntu, the only distros that are worth trying for serious peopleā„¢ are Fedora (first thing you should do on an install is install Fedy. It does the things you'll want to do: install media codecs and so on) and openSUSE. You're free to try different meme distros though.

>doesn't know the difference between Xubuntu and Ubuntu
>implies that the person he's replying to is a noob themselves

GuixSD or NixOS if you want something exciting. Otherwise Arch is a pretty good and accessible distro.

Using it is no harder than any other distro. If it's just the installer scaring you, try out Arch Anywhere. It's a custom installer that's pretty easy to use, but still very configurable.

fedora:
-nice base,
-most up to date distro,
-no apt
-vastly documented
-free
-easy to use non-free packages with repos

>-most up to date distro,
source?

Once you're past the installation process, which might seem scary to some the rest is really easy. It's not a hard distro to use.
And I believe there are scripts for the installation, though I haven't tried any.

Not him, but Fedora is probably the most up-to-date fixed release distro. Moreso if you're using GNOME as your main DE. It's also the first major distro to have Wayland as the default over X with F25. Which might seem great until you start using it and realize that Wayland basically isolates application windows. This means no dragging and dropping, no color picking between two different applications. I've realized that I also can't start a Nautilus window as sudo using "sudo nautilus [path]" in a terminal under Wayland either.

You can easily just use Xorg by selecting it before you log in though.

The Arch install is pretty easy and there's numerous walkthroughs. Though there's no reason to use Arch over anything else. Arch is quite literally, a meme, and the installation process is the easiest part of using Arch. tbqhwufam

When will the Mint backdoor meme die.

There is no backdoor, canonical shill.

Hey Kevin

LMDE (linux mint debian edition)
>Just like linux mint, only not as good.

>he can't install dmenu/rofi on any DE to get a desired result

the word retard is fitting

what's the deal with void, I aint switched from debian since like 2012 cause I'm boring but what does everybody like about it?

This or Fedora with Gnome.

Hi kevin :^)

rolling release:
-Source
>Gentoo
-Binary
>Arch
-Fixed release
>Debian/Fedora

Ubuntu minimal + any DE of choice

Kubuntu and Xubuntu being most complete ones that rival Cinnamon.

I installed arch using arch-anywhere ISO. It was literally 20 min exercise. The end result was quite fucked up. For some reason I cant install any icons, theme or aur related packages.

It only has like screenfetch and some ordinary packages available. Waste of fucking time considering apt is much more widely used and can use :apt links to directly install shit in software center.

Fuck Arch, it is useless distro.

>Fuck Arch, it is useless distro.
>I cant install any

I am running KDE Neon and Xubuntu on my laptops. Arch offers no real incentive to me.

Arch-anywhere iso makes installing a piece of cake, the issue is the projects that come after to make it half as usable as stock ubuntu install.

Manjaro best distro desu

Again Mint? Shit that is a shame, its.such a nice clean distro.

Debian or Ubuntu

Antergos is Arch without the autism.

Arch is for people who are arrogant
Debian is for servers
Fedora is for social justice warriors

Custom shit like dmenu can be god tier but is there a good non tiling WM that it would work well with? I had an herbstluftwm setup that was pretty cool but it was such a hassle trying to work around the tiling. It was inconvenient after awhile

>what is Antergos?