My friends claims he overclocked his intel 6800k to 8ghz. Is that even possible?

My friends claims he overclocked his intel 6800k to 8ghz. Is that even possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6800k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. You having friends isn't possible.

thats just rude man come on

Apply burn to watered area

somebody better call evga because user's on fire

ohhh shiiit

Does he cool it with liquid helium?

just a plain old water cooling

i need to know pls help

No it is not possible. It would be hard enough to get it to 5 without feeding it way too much voltage. Your friend is a boastful retard.

Probably. Only on LN2 though.

............are you sure he's actually did that or he just claimed it? 8 GHz may be achievable, but you'd need one really impressive cooling setup.

No. Are you stupid?
World record for Skylake is 7ghz on LN2 with only 2 cores and HT disabled.

>truth hurts

Dam, that hit too close to home. f-fuck you user

Light travels one inch in a vacuum at 11.78GHz.

my friend keeps trying to make me feel bad about not believing him this was important. now i can say a bunch of guys on the internet say its not possible

MEDIC

>overclocking
why

user. You saved this pic and cropped it to tim cooks sad face. Fucking lol someone used my meme.

hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6800k/
if he did it he should post here and become the world record holder then faggot

Oh man!!
Post the validation

>Burned with dubby dubs

I mean, he could break the chip and still send an 8 Ghz clock signal to it, so, sure, he is right.

Nah
Maybe with liquid nitrogen, maybe
But that would be near record worthy

I overclocked an old intel CPU to 8.8GHz last year with liquid nitrogen just for fun and played minecraft on max settings (32 chunks) and a perfectly smooth 144fps for about 5 minutes before the CPU died. I was flying around at super speed and the chunks loaded unbelievably fast with no screen freezing while loading chunks. liquid nitrogen is cheaper than milk these days and you can just plop a plastic bag full of it directly onto your CPU.

how did this get so many replies?
is this a reddit invasion

rekt

Have my dots you bastard

C'mon man

>inches
Congrats, your claim is immediately false because to prove it I would need to convert back from imperial to metric which I won't do.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

Visible light is anelectromagnetic wave, the frequency of the wave determines its color.

C'mon mate you're not even trying