I got this shit unexpectedly on Christmas. It was over 500 bux...

I got this shit unexpectedly on Christmas. It was over 500 bux. Build quality Is questionable and the TouchPad feels like shit on Linux.

Surely for the price I could of gotten a better laptop? Also I don't like how it's multicolored...

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics#ASUS_Touchpads_only_recognised_as_PS.2F2_FocalTech_emulated_mouse
youtube.com/watch?v=0mplv9ddvrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>multicolored

dont be racist faggot

>could of
If you can't use something as ingrained as a language, what makes you think you could use a better machine?

Sell the laptop and buy an etch-a-sketch.

be happy you got it atleast

You spent the time to type that out and do the capcha because I didn't day Could have.

Literal autism

>and the TouchPad feels like shit on Linux
>what is Synaptics

Regular drivers didn't work at all. Tried libinput too. The touch pad isn't supported properly in the kernel or something

At first it was a just detected as a generic USB mouse but through dkms wizard hacks it kind of works with 2 finger scroll

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics#ASUS_Touchpads_only_recognised_as_PS.2F2_FocalTech_emulated_mouse

Linux is gay sometimes.

Debian /RHEL-based distros don't usually have this problem.

I have a similar model and I have no idea what you're bitching about OP.

>Super sleek and light design.
>Nice responsive keyboard.
>Touchpad is great with proper drivers installed.
>1920x1080 HD screen with no glare.
>NO fans means it's 100% silent all the time. No annoying hum while you work.
>Extremely fast with the included SSD and processor.
>Perfect size and weight for carrying around effortlessly in a bag/backpack.
>Great battery life.

Fuck you OP. It's a terrific work computer if you're travelling a lot. What else could you want? Some 17" 10kg "gaming laptop" behemoth that sounds like you're in a wind tunnel when you turn it on?

had the same problem, no multitouch, no meaningful config under xinput

it works fine after running github.com/vlasenko/hid-asus-dkms though, you tried that?

Not the guy who replied BUT It might be because I'm not a native speaker (sorry for being a south americafag) and we do this shit in our own language all the time as well, but there is hardly anything that triggers me more than "could of" or "would of" just because of how little sense it makes and how ridiculous it looks

It's the ungrateful pieces of shit like you why we can't have nice things... There is nothing wrong with this piece of tech (also asus=questionable build quality,????) it's the owner that should be sold on Craigslist for "spare parts"...

>Linux
Stopped reading right there.

Yeah. Linux on a laptop is like fucking with a mesh condom...

The funny part is that they blame the hardware instead of blaming Linux.

The hardware is the blame most of the time. Before you buy a laptop, you have to make sure the hardware is properly supported before you make the purchase. Otherwise, you're going to end up with endless headaches and end up installing botnetOS®™

they blame the hardware manufacturers, you mean

>>Surely for the price I could of gotten a better laptop?

Yes, but when someone buys a gift to someone with a bit knowhow then it is difficult. They need some serious expertise to get a good laptop for the money. If they go to the store then the store just wants to upsell to a macbook. At least you can install linux on it.

You might get used to the touchpad. Pester ASUS to release better drivers for it.

"Could of" does not mean anything though. It is literal retardation, if I hired someone who wrote "could of" then I would never give him responsability for anything serious. When you can not even write simple english sentences (at least here in norway) that makes sense, then you likely are some sort of imbecile.

It is a good laptop if you weren't using linux on it, I'd say your family member even did some research before buying it you ungrateful piece of shit

The manufacturers are to blame (kinda). They are reluctant to release driver source code so they can't be optimized for use with linux (unless you reverse the damn chip, but that's more work than it's worth). I can understand that since they are in it for the $$$, but they could still release linux drivers themselves.

OP is that an ASUS X540? I have the exact same laptop and it's pretty good. I switched from a macbook air to this.

Could of is quite common in the north of UK. Yeah it's a mistake, but you understand the intent so it doesnt matter. Language isn't math, get over it

Im gonnae pump yer maw.

youtube.com/watch?v=0mplv9ddvrk

Yes, but making mistakes deliberately is a strong indicator for a lack of respect

Few are doing it deliberately, most just don't know

autism detected
>sell your house
>invest in medical treatment

Ecchi sketchy one touchy!

ungrateful piece of shit. Hope you slip in the shower and die a shit death or live many years and spend every single holiday alone like the fucking idiot you are.

Disrespectful arse! Suggest that if you wand something better then get a fucking job and buy your own. Bell-end!

Is that a Zenbook? I have a Zenbook Flip myself and use Gnome with Wayland. It takes some configuring but you can get the touchpad working almost as well as a Mac