OS X and Linux friends, you do not need to worry. The grass is most certainly NOT greener on the other side

OS X and Linux friends, you do not need to worry. The grass is most certainly NOT greener on the other side.

Had to install W10 on a friend's PC.

>Literally over 20 tracking options to be turned off during install
>Install asks for a Microsoft account to tie to the system (optional, but still)
>Overwrites custom file type associations without asking
>Setting video files to play on something like MPC-HC just leaves a blank space where it's supposed to tell you what's playing videos
>Popups trying to convince you to try Microsoft Edge after using another browser
>Frequent Cortana popups asking you to turn it on
>Using your bandwidth to provide Windows updates to other PCs on by default
>Ads in the start menu
>"We're glad you're here", "We're happy to see you back" and similar uncomfortable messages when you log in etc
>Just an absolutely terrible UI all around

And I'm sure that's not even the tip of the iceberg

Holy fucking shit. How does anyone use this?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/windows/comments/5kyujc/psa_dont_let_microsofts_techs_access_your/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Games

The ui's actually pretty good

>"We're glad you're here", "We're happy to see you back" and similar uncomfortable messages when you log in etc

>watching my friend install his
>"WHO THE FUCK IS WE MOTHERFUCKER"

Those messages are pretty spooky though.

>"something happened"
>"All your files are right where you left them."
Well when you say shit like that I don't believe you are telling the whole truth why even point that out I wasn't suspicious but I am now!

I pirated office and I constanly get the "Try office now" notification every day, it drives me mad.

>not using w10 as a gaming console exclusively

Turning it all off.

Get a program that replaces the start bar if you need it, or put the programs you need on the task bar.

get a program to uninstall all the windows components you don't want

edge isn't good, but there are certain piece of shit websites that just dont work right if you dont use it, so dont get rid of that.

get a program that blocks all of the telemetry data, get something else to block updates

Haven't seen an update or a creepy notification for months and when you dont use any of the new ui for anything it isn't too bad.

>Give all the feedbacks!

it's not even games that pushed normies to 10. It's aggressive MS marketing. Remember how W7 was shilled so hard people forgot completely about Vista and a lot of people jumped off XP.

Why bother with workarounds when you can use 7 or 8.1? 10 doesn't bring anything worth keeping it.

>pirates software
>complains

faggot detected

The awkward start-up messages that try to give Windows 10 a personality are freaky.

Like when DVD players have 'Hello' on them when they start up. They're fucking technology, not friends you're having a conversation with.

reddit.com/r/windows/comments/5kyujc/psa_dont_let_microsofts_techs_access_your/

software licences for cad software that my university uses only work for the windows 10 only version of the software.

All false. Congrats.

99% of steam library use Directx9, are designed for WinXP and dont have real benefits if your use Win10.

Win10 exclusive games are Candy Crush and Minion Run

>Android
>asks for google account after install
>acceptable

>iOS
>asks for appleshit account after install (not even optional)
>acceptable

>windows
>asks for microsoft account after install
>NOT ACCEPTABLE

Why the fuck are you people only complaining only about something that's cool to complain about instead of looking at every option and comparing those?

>OS X and Linux friends
>t. mactoddler

Who said the first two were acceptable?

>Mobile OS
>Mobile OS
>Desktop OS

XDDDDDD

this

Holly shit! and i thought installing gentoo was hard...

Wincucks will defend this.

This. As far as Microsoft is concerned, all I do on my desktop is play video games, read up on vidya wikis to get good and watch movies. Everything else is on Linux.

Are you technologically retarded? I have built literally over 100 win10 systems and havent see half the shit you are complaining about

Clearly OP has standards...

LOL holy fuck Microsoft sucks.

W7 is actually pretty good...

>Holy fucking shit. How does anyone use this?
A pre-made image with all that shit turned off that can be deployed as is. Why the fuck do you not know how to deploy operating systems properly?

The ride never ends.

No way they keep like this, they need to buy one of its competitors to be successful like they did with DOS, and probably destroy Linux before that.

This is fucking hilarious

I have limited experience with windows 10 and have encountered the usual faggotry like telemetry, cortana being annoying but

>Using your bandwidth to provide Windows updates to other PCs on by default

wait wot? like you're seeding updates..?

i finally used win10 today. i had to fix my mothers laptop. fucking hated everything about it.

Like a botnet, yes

that can't be legal? how is an OS allowed to use your internet without your permission i.e. by default? doesn't that fuck with peoples data plans (or does uploading not count)

regardless, that shit is hilarious

It seems like there are 3 types of people who use win 10 and only one of those types have issues

You have your normies like your grandma who just do barely anything and have no issues. You have your tech literate people who know the quirks with the OS and fuck around to get it how they like it. Then you have the people in the middle who think they arent idiots and have to google every little thing and come on here and complain about it like they themselves aren't the issue.

>install Linux
>no botnet

>install OS X
>no real botnet

>install Windows
>have to remaster your own image just to remove botnet

Why would anyone do this? It's literally easier to set up a hackintosh and make it work. I've done it to two systems and they've given me far less trouble than Win10

It's in the EULA

Funny I've built 2 and seen all of it both times. 1 Pro and 1 home.
Do you not use the systems for a few minutes before turning them over?

That was fucking funny

10/10

>that can't be legal?
Yes, auto-updating is indeed illegal.

I'm pretty sure everything you're bitching about is actually an option you either set during setup or within 30 minutes after a fresh install

Have you never used a computer before. Majority of the shit you listed can be turned off and are lies fucking shill.

>Ads can be removed
>Cortana doesn't have pop ups (using win10 for a year now)
>Never had a problem using MPV as default player or MPC-HC

Didn't go to college and in a few years I'll be making double what those companies are offering

Man, you are trying to reason with people that cant even use a host file.

>Remember how W7 was shilled so hard people forgot completely about Vista and a lot of people jumped off XP.

W7 still took years too replace XP as the most used version

are you saying that you would be better off using XP than Win 10?

If you decide to use Windows, might as well use the current version.

ProTip: all Windows versions are coming from the same company. If Microsoft wants to spy on you, it can - probably even if you used Windows 95.

It's 2017, might as well be a homosexual!

:^)

Everything you just explained is 1/10th of the effort for default configuration of your basic linux installation.

Windows 7 you can avoid spyware by blocking certain updates. Go die in a fire you filthy scumbag.

You don't have to block. Just not install them. They're optional.

So, smart guy.

You know exactly what each Windows update does?

Because you read the notes on the updates provided by Microsoft?

Who doesnt read about what they are installing on their computer? Are you implying that isnt just common sense?

no, I implied that Microsoft might lie about the content of their updates

(I know, it's a shocking proposition.)

>nearly 2017
>people still falling for the same 2-bit marketing scheme of "muh vidyo games"

What games are these that you guys are playing that are so good that they convince you to install Shitdows?

>"We're happy to set you back quite a bit"

FTFY

This. PC game golden age is 90's era. Anything relevant is playable in Wine or Dosbox in Loonix.

>complain about it like they themselves aren't the issue.
though i generally agree with the rest of your statements, this here is wrong.

the issue is clearly the software, why would anyone want bloat and malware automatically installed by the OS, which they're forced to remove, to the point where they have to resort to third party methods of removal, just to make their computer run the way they want it?
in the past it was always the opposite, if you want something? you have to search for it and resort to third party methods to add it

why the fuck would they go the opposite route by making necessary options in the way the system is run, a fucking easter egg hunt?

I think most people who do just run M$ Office, some shitty videogames or a basic web browser on it and that's pretty much it.

it's basically useless for anything serious.

>OS X and Linux friends, you do not need to worry. The grass is most certainly NOT greener on the other side.
Let's go.
>Had to install W10 on a friend's PC.
OK.
>>Literally over 20 tracking options to be turned off during install
About five.
>>Install asks for a Microsoft account to tie to the system (optional, but still)
OK.
>>Overwrites custom file type associations without asking
Never happened to me.
>>Setting video files to play on something like MPC-HC just leaves a blank space where it's supposed to tell you what's playing videos
It says the name of the default application, in this instance MPC-HC.
>>Popups trying to convince you to try Microsoft Edge after using another browser
Never once seen that happen.
>>Frequent Cortana popups asking you to turn it on
Nor that.
>>Using your bandwidth to provide Windows updates to other PCs on by default
I'm not a retard so I disabled this.
>>Ads in the start menu
Never seen this, or if I did I disabled it immediately.
>>"We're glad you're here", "We're happy to see you back" and similar uncomfortable messages when you log in etc
Who cares?
>>Just an absolutely terrible UI all around
It's fine.
>And I'm sure that's not even the tip of the iceberg
>Holy fucking shit. How does anyone use this?
There's nothing wrong with it, stay mad autist.

why is there no way to turn the lock screen off, who the fuck even uses tables anymore?

The "M$" is not appreciated. I understand that sort of phrasing is common when referring to my company and its behavior especially in the past. Heck, I was guilty of it in college when I solely used Linux and hated on Microsoft products. But it's quite hurtful to me, my team, and all the engineers here like us who are working very hard every day to change how Microsoft operates and bring our products and community closer to yours. This company has come a long way in the past few years, and I'd like your help in embracing where we can go and what you and I can achieve together... not the missteps of former products and people here that might have colored your opinion. I wouldn't work here if I thought all that we did was for the money and nothing else. I hope that my team, my fellow Microsoft engineers, and I can change your opinion in that respect.

why is there not a desktop only version of windows 10? all this fucking tablet shit on here is useless

They should at least make it uninstallable. I hate these fucking "modern apps" with 90% whitepsace.

normie here, I just got a new laptop with windows 10 on it. Could you tell me what any of these programs are?

Classic Shell, Start10, StartIsBack, etc

>>Popups trying to convince you to try Microsoft Edge after using another browser
I have never had this problem before.

I have had this problem before.

You can't disable telemetry the updates re-enable everything.

thank you.

just use paint

Windows is for video games

Thanks user. I genuinely laughed

Fuck off rajesh

Then you have a lot of work to do, so stop wasting time posting here and get to it you lazy fuck.