Thanks Sup Forums, i expect enjoy your lifestyle of unemployment

Thanks Sup Forums, i expect enjoy your lifestyle of unemployment

I remember them saying the same thing about farming 10,000 years ago.

We have to wait until robots are cheaper and more reliable than both domestic jobs and the jobs we export to third world countries, which is pretty damn cheap and reliable.

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

Robots aren't going to magically take over overnight. It won't be till we're old enough to be grandparents will they happen.

You have two choices:

Either let all your jobs be exported to third-world countries, or let the jobs be automated but at least the machines used in the automation are built in the West.

Sure, a dumb guy lost his job to a machine, but at least a smart guy got a job creating that machine.

Yeah right.
Warehouses are already being automated at the very moment and that sector is one fucking massive employer.
Bots don't have to run 100% of society.
It's enough that they liberate half of the grunt workforce from their jobs and society is looking at crippling unemployment levels and it's guaranteed that this shit will happen during the next 15 years.

>robots taking our jerbs

they can't take what i don't have

the important thing right now is to train people for new careers easily by make more specialized trade schools and popularizing those micro-degrees.

lose your job due to automation, quickly and easily change careers to a needed sector

>Warehouses are already being automated
Yeah, only in big and major warehouses that can afford it.

FUCKING ROBOTS STEALING OUR JOBS WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL TO KEEP THEM OUT

And how about in 5 years?
Or 10?
The smaller players are going to be entering the game too soon enough.
For some reason people have this idea that this is going to be some kind of a extremely slow process, which going to unfold slowly during the next 50 years. Maybe when looking at the big picture, but not on individual fields.
The smaller warehouses will automate the instant they can afford it, otherwise they won't be able to stay competitive in the automated market, which is becoming reality at an increasing speed.
And when the big chains say goodbye to +50% of their workers, you'll be looking at a human wave of unemployment.
At the moment our job centers are sending practically everyone to work in the warehouse sector.
One of our biggest chains has announced plans to automate before 2020. This means that other big chains will do the same.
Now where are the job centers going to push people next?
This is my point about automation. There's no need for everyone to fully automate to cause a radical permanent change in our societies.
It's enough that the biggest players kick out half of their workforce and the unskilled sector is beyond fucked.

ITT
people who havent read economics in one lesson.

>"""news""" sites
When will people learn.

>There's no need for everyone to fully automate to cause a radical permanent change in our societies.
Shekels come before your well-being, baka.
So what's another 10-20% unemployment? I need muh bonus so I can buy more things.

Capitalism doesn't work well with robots

As someone working in ag, farming is automated.
My company runs mechanical harvesters, and all the traktors are able to follow the GPS/comms based map without intervention from hoomans.
Every step from start to finish is automatable. Just some are not, because it's cheaper to pay a Mexican to fill a traktor with fuel or drive a truck, or wash shit then buying a few million in machines.

Those stats are bullshit. AI will eliminate a lot of positions requiring degrees. The legal industry is about to be hammered by AI.

"The White House" (i.e. Democrats) only holds this position because the dumb cucks believe "muh snowflake degrees!" will keep them safe from automation. They will be gone before a lot of blue collar trade type workers. You can automate an assembly line, but we're still a ways away from an android that can fix plumbing without making the homeowner sperg out on uncanny valley.

Enjoy those things. They will be gone when the unemployed start a revolution and kill you.

>tfw I will be the one automating people out of their livelihoods
feelsgoodman

>warehouse jobs are lost to robots
>jobs creating, programming, manufacturing, etc. the robots are created

wow problem solved

I will automate you. Mark my fucking words.

I hope robots take over all the jobs, then I can get a check from the govt and sit on my ass all day