Is Xfce decent? Someone told me it has a problem with tearing?

Is Xfce decent? Someone told me it has a problem with tearing?
>kde too tacky for my tastes
>gnome too limited
>mate feels too old

xfce is ugly by default but you can make it look okay. It's very configurable. Pic related is my old desktop.

XFCE has great performance. Yes, it looks ugly by default, but you can easily fix that. It's not a good practice to judge DEs by what they look like default imo.

if you get tearing just install compton. i dont need it anymore because the nvidia 375 drivers fixed the problems with dual monitors and the forcefullcomposition option

my only recommendation is that if you make a new panel, remember to add "window buttons", aka the viewer for minimized tabs, otherwise our tabs will disappear.

Hi Matt

Everyone yelling about "screen tearing" is using Nvidia. If you use an AMD GPU you'll probably be fine.

>2016
>still no gtk3 support
Even the "dead" lxde has it by now

>Is a linux DE decent?

No? If you need an application bundle to use a *nix you should buy a mac. Linux is a work/server OS, not a desktop OS, and you're wasting your time.

Nice desktop Matt.

It's a better desktop than Windows and has been for a few years.

Only because of the characteristics it shares with OS X, unless you're a turbo autist and think vim, urxvt, and i3 are the motherfucking trifecta of productivity despite nobody who has to be productive and has been being productive for decades actually using them over actual IDEs.

No. Enjoy your screen tearing.

>inb4 muh compton

Still same shit.

>Only because of the characteristics it shares with OS X

This is relevant how?

XFCE is a decent desktop environment. Its not great, has some features but nothing special. I prefer mate which is similar and a little more resource heavy but overall worth it considering I have 8 gb of ram. I dont think ive ever come close to using all of it.

>trifecta of productivity
Nobody actually thinks that. And yes, I agree with MacOS being great. Switched completely from Windows but I unfortunately have to dual boot W7 to play certain gayms with my normie friends.

>gaymes
>normies

Ditch the nerds and get a proper hobby, user. It's time to grow up.

Because it doesn't share all of OS X's characteristics

The list of things linux does worse than OS X as a desktop OS is too long for Sup Forums's post limit and too time consuming for anyone to type out. The only way for you to understand is to make the switch today and forget that clunky server OS.

>reason you listed : 0

hi Sup Forums, I just installed openbox. did i fuck up ?

Just turn the compositor off and add v-sync and thearing gone. Additionally uses the numix theme and done!

>>gnome too limited
Don't you know javascript?

Compton works fine you goddamn hillbilly

>tearing
use a composite window manager like compton

use i3

Couldn't you write your own desktop in html and css then load programs in the background by running Apache as the login user, then chaining the command through php with the appropriate x display set, then set your desktop as the new tab page in the browser and never really exit full screen or have a full screened browser window in the background without any window decorations at all times.

Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }"

>The list of things linux does worse than OS X as a desktop OS is too long for Sup Forums's post limit and too time consuming for anyone to type out. The only way for you to understand is to make the switch today and forget that clunky server OS.
What a great way to say you are full of shit.

This post gave me cancer.

What's up Matt?

The best

you just describe github's concept to write down desktop software