How many of you actually run gentoo as a primary distro?

how many of you actually run gentoo as a primary distro?

Other urls found in this thread:

webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gentoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all of us.

top kek

Nobody does, Gentoo is a meme

I was going to install Gentoo in a VM just to be part of the Sup Forums meme team but I saw a few anons meming about Sourcemage so I'm going for that.

webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gentoo

*except the Sup Forums cancer

I actually am. And I am surprised.

i don't like portage so i use arch.

Yes, plenty of people do

It's not a meme, I like it alot

Make a thread. How's it? It isn't that well documented/not so popular so tell us about the experience, features you discovered, etc.

Portage is the best package manager I've used by far. You can install any de,wm,config on dif distros - looks don't matter. Kernels are all the same, maybe slightly different patches. I run Gentoo on my main desktop PC, netbook, server.

you mean pacman, nigger?

reminder that ChromeOS is literal gentoo

Not even close. Pacman is barely better than apt.

I never fell for the Gentoo meme but I'm seriously considering falling for the Sourcemage meme. How long would it take to install?

I have Gentoo on my server and DebianSid on desktop, my autism prevents me using Gentoo as my desktop distro as I can't install it from memory

YOU CAN CHOOSE VERSION OF SOFTWARE IN PACKMAN? NO YOU NIGGER. GENTOO AND FUNTOO ARE ONLY DISTROS IN WHICH YOU HAVE CHOOSE OF SOFTWARE VERSION. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE INSTALLING IT TO HAVE MAXIMUM STABILITY YOU STUPID FUCK

Air gapped gentoo
Portable *buntu
Arch workhorse

Seems like the most ideal setup to me

learn English, immigrant trash

cancer is not nice

One lifetime is not enough to learn and install Arch/Gentoo.

Arch-anywhere is a joke by the way because Arch itself a useless distro. You literally need to work on a project to enable aur and other repo packages which should be done in GUI like software-properties in Debian.

I am native, you stupid edgy archbuntu luser

I did for about 3 months once.

Gentoo is insanely stable, as everything is compiled by your system, you get perfectly linked and compatible binaries. No broken AUR packages, no outdated PPAs, not 32 and 64bits binaries hybrids mess.

If I ever get a SoC like a raspberry Pi or something I will probably put Gentoo on it.