/hpg/ - Headphone General

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last thread:

First for X2

>Budget
£100-£200, flexible, but not more than £300
>Location
UK
>Source
Digital Piano (6.35mm / 1/4 inch)
>Type of headphone
Full-sized over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Very comfortable
>Sound signature
Neutral - for classical music/piano
>Other
Detachable, single sided cable
Helpful if it comes with a 3m cable and 1/4 inch adapter/jack, but I can buy those separately if needed
They don't need to have a high impedance

7506 isn't a detachable cable, but probably what you want

Is the Fidelio X2 good for weebshit music?

Best.

Yes.

Gonna try asking one more time, would I be better off with a pair of 7506's + detachable cable mod or M40x + HM5 pads? Would primarily be used for traveling. As a side note I've had a pair of M40's before and hated the clamp, are the M40x's any better in that regard, particularly with more comfortable pads?

Good wireless earbuds for under $40?

I need something for when I exercise.

No such thing exists, check again in a few years.

Yo boys, bought this today on a 37% discount, because I was going to flip it for profit. But after having a closer look and testing it, I have to say that I do actually like it.
Build quality is 9.5/10. It feels very premium, even the box and stuff.
Sound is 6.5/10 but the bass is pretty good. I listen to black people's music anyways.
And it looks nice alright. I would have liked it better in black tho.

Ye
I am finally hpg now

Look at him and laugh.

KZ hd

but you could just use KZ ATE S
I run fine with them, they're super comfy for it

HDSE I mean

>liking beats
please end yourself or cut your ears off, as you clearly don't use or need them

this guy's right I use kz's (ate and atr) for calisthenics and they stay in perfectly

17th for L2

With all the wireless memes today why doesn't anyone design that shit the other way around? We know that what eats battery life isn't so much the playback but transmitting the wireless signal itself. Why not create some lightweight IEMs on a diadem like pic related, with the storage, dac, player and battery built in? The wireless part would be the controller with its screen and buttons as usual. This way the signals are sent only when you use the controller. I bet with something refined of the sort, the wireless meme could actually become viable for everyday outdoor use.

what is the best quality ear-buds I can get for under 30$?

My skullcandy earbuds shit themselves

How are those compares to X2? They always seemed to be in a pretty strange position in the market to me.

SoundMagic PL30.

VE Monk+ assuming earbuds=non-silicone tipped earphone

They're the "on-the-go" relative. Less bass and less soundstage, but smaller and lighter.

Yeah but they aren't closed-back, not something you'll use outdoors so I don't quite understand the point.

Senal BAKA-1000. Might get some different pads though

First for best headphone.

Shit, let me rephrase myslef.

what is the best quality silicone tipped earphone I can get for under 30$, that can take a beating?

>that can take a beating
none

otherwise kz ate s

>BAKA
kek

Yeah, their positioning is a bit weird. They're definitely intended for mobile use though, since they come with an additional cable with an inline mic/remote.

They're just slightly cheaper than the X2, a lot smaller, lighter, and more semi-open than fully open.

Anything with one of those volume control things?

not if you want good sound at that price point

whats so great about these? Just the fact that they're v shaped open backs with a good build?

M40x clamp is the same as M40. Thicker pads like the HM5's will increase it.

That said, it's fairly common practice to just stretch tighter claming headphones over some books, a box, or a pillow, or anything similar. 7506 clamp is similar to M40x as well.

Personally, I'd recommend MSR7 pads if you dont want the tight clamp, as they're not as thick, but still comfortable, and then stretch the headphones over a pillow or something.

Keep in mind, I'm no audiophile, kind of a newb, and only have a /few/ flac albums on my phone.

Whats a good Meh earbud thing?

also, thanks for doing the research for a lazy cunt

my monoprice ones have lasted me a while

It's a combination of things, everything about them is great or good and there are no glaring issues other than the availability of stock pad replacements. For that price you can't ask for more and they even shit on some more expensive stuff.

You know, most of people don't want to go through dozens of models, each with some glaring issue until finding something adequate, X2 are great out of the box.

bought se215 and feel like I got memed pretty hard. i'm going to be returning them so anyone got recommendations around their price range? ~90 USD

Focal Sphear.

Not him, but would they be a better choice than the RHA MA750i? Those are basically a lock for my next IEM purchase.

Why?

>Black People
>people

Do fake headphones exist? I purchased a used Fidelio X2 on eBay for 170$ and I'm worried if it will be broken or fake.

Yes, fake headphones exist. As far as I know, there aren't any fake X2's though.

eBay has fantastic buyer protection too, you should be fine.

kz ate s

thats really expensive for used x2's
im sure you didn't get scammed

The new gen beats aren't that bad actually, still overpriced as shit but nowhere near as bad as the original ones.

What's the most you've spent on a pair of headphones?

I think I spent like 230 on my x2's

What about something like the ATH-M50X?
Or are they too bass-heavy?

Whatever the AKG 7xx cost me.
I'm more of a speakers kinda guy.

How would you convince a normalfag that there is a difference between "good" heaphones and snake oil shit like beats?

Let them actually listen to good headphones.

Ive been using a pair of 7506's for something like thirteen years now.

The pair I have now has a bit of the signal wire from the left to right worn down so you can see the copper and the right speaker has stopped working.

Come into this thread and in the first ten posts 7506 is mentioned like three times so I'm already not even sure that I care about looking for something new just for a change.

tl:dr

Careful, that's pandoras box you're playing with.

Nice Mcusta

just bought these headphones on the cheap ($50) for gayming... theyre wired but require battery, wtf, but at least theyll work without battery

ty
love that knife

$260 for the HD600. No regrets. I don't think I'm buying a pair anytime soon.

Just saw this. Little things like the enclosure all add up. A small outfit can never get as good a price for plastic moldings/metal castings/machined metal. Mass manufacturing means custom parts as required to satisfy a well-defined end-state requirement are accessible. In fact, that's why I differentiated MOQs from economies of scale in general - sometimes custom parts have those. Consistency and tested durability is of course important too and that's another cross against the limited R&D resources of these small outfits.

I don't really think that the skills are necessarily transferable. Subtleties like the response of the occluded ear canal arising from quarter-wave resonances, the effect of insertion depth and so on are really quite specialized even though the underlying principles are universal.

For instance, the Senn IE800 had a custom moulded ceramic enclosure and dual Heimholtz resonators to ensure consistently optimal performance with shallow insertion, and the moulded enclosure served to limit insertion depth. It is the kind of design people like Fitear (who work out of a dental hygienist's workshop, kek) cannot hope to compare to. Of course, Senn fucked it up with an odd DF-based response.

In any case, the Campfire and Fitear stuff are objectively mediocre from their measurements.

I just got my Superlux HD 668B's today, really love them. Went from Skullcandy Hesh2>Superlux 681's>Samson SR950>Superlux 668B. These might be my oerfect headphones.

That isn't a HD800.

Fuck off snapmudheiser shill.

Are there any disadvantages to using a mixer as a dac/amp as opposed to a standalone dac/amp?

quavering sounds on my cans. Audio technica ATH-ADG1

pretty sure it's the foam or inner overlay fabric flapping. any other possible random things before I destroy it trying to fix the issue?

Why do I always see people wearing their headphones backwards?

I saw these "Pulse Pro Series" at Family Dollar today. As far as Chinese headphones go, are these any good?

Literally a fucking momentum knockoff.

Be happy they're not wearing "beats by dre".

it bothers me more than it should. And I've seen people do it multiple times in a row. Like, not once would they question the fit or check or realize that the cable is on a different side than usual.

>Budget
Cheap, less than £30 for sure
>Location
UK
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
As comfortable as possible
>Sound signature
As neutral as possible

Basically I just need some new earphones for the library. I have Xiaomi Pistons but I've been told they're quite loud so I could do with something that doesn't leak much sound, and ideally for cheap seeing as I already have earphones which are good enough for how often I actually use them. Any ideas?

Got some $180 X2s from Amazon Warehouse Deals. There are no issues with the headphones coming with all of the accessories besides some slight lint on the pads, and they are not Gibson made which is very nice. Already heard them from a friend and sound great just as I remembered; I'm happy to have them in my collection.

I would recommend these to anyone who wants open if they can afford them.

Does anyone have the pic of the headphones that look like speakers mounted on a swivel?

COUGH COUGH ATH AD 2000x

I've heard good things about JVC HA-FXT90 and Denon's C700

(stealth advice request)

> Posting in a technology board
> Throwing into the garbage decades of audio research to create the perfect lossy format that's indistinguishable from CD audi because muh golden ears
I seriously hope you fags listen to your preferred lossy coded of choice instead of meme flacs. Especially if you listen to 24bit shit you need to buy a rope and neck yourself.
> M-M-MUH ARCHIVING!
You're not a library shut the fuck up

is this a good thread to ask for a good wireless gaming headset? or is this only for hardcore music lovers or w/e you guys call yourselves?

bait

IEM upgrade from Shure SE215

I'm willing to spend at least €100, but maybe as much as €200 if there's a big difference. I have a fantasy of snatching up a top dollar IEM for cheap on an online marketplace. Looking on
Theheadphonelist, there are about ten top dollar IEM that are king, all around 1k retail.

Explain this to me: is it not possible to buy custom IEM online because the custom shape won't fit your ears? Retail is the only option?

get a good wired headphone instead
you'll either get 4x the sound quality or 1/4th the cost

> Buying used IEMs
Perfect way to get an infection and lose hearing. I like your plan.

You can buy them online but you need to have the molds done and then ship them to the manufacturer.

>if there's a big difference
Oh there's a difference alright. Just not some incremental path of upgrades when the price goes up. Better start by finding out what kind of a set you want sound wise, build wise etc.

KZ ATE

>Budget
doesn't really matter. I guess $200~ or so but cheaper is better
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop and Iphone SE
>Type of headphone
over ear
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter. I want good bass (which I know open backs tend to lack) but also decent soundstage (which I know closed backs are known to lack) so I'm willing to compromise
>Comfort level
as comfy as possible. I don't want something that would require me switching out the pads or modding in anyway
>Sound signature
slightly v shaped or bass boosted. I don't want anything too recessed

x2

You're literally describing the X2

>Budget
50 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
laptop, single plug
>Type of headphone
full
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
maximum, most important thing
willing to go another 20 bucks for utmost comfort
>past headphones
20 dollar logitech from walmart

how are mids on the x2

god

Used or new?

thoughts on Sennheiser HD 598 Cs

a warehouse deal is generally something returned during the first week in perfect condition but open box

Amazon Warehouse, which means used in the best of scenarios, or refurbished if you're unlucky
I've heard stories of people who bought headphones that smell like shit from Amazon Warehouse deals. They don't consider foul smells as a proper defect, so they sell them even if it smells of neckbeard and tobacco

SHP9500?

SHP9500?

Deleted my recommendation because my eyes soaked up everything except for "closed". My bad.

open

I've been thinking about getting the jbl e55bt. Anyone had any experience with these?

cvlosed