Hardware wise

Hardware wise

What do you think about this?

Decent for such a tiny package.

You hear that a lot, don'tcha?

Joke's on you. Anime girls don't talk back at me.

>hardware wise
it's shit. Nintendo likes to make cheap shit stuff and put Mario/Zelda shit on it to exploit retards nostalgia
>what do you think about this?
The idea isn't that bad, but yes, the hardware is fucking gimped and the fact that they are trying to sell it as something that can run more than platformers is ludicrous.
I would like to see if the tablet thing will be actually useful or if it's also going to have a shit browser, everything locked up and poor software or apps options like they are used to.

Did they even release the hardware specs yet?

a gimmick with cheap components that they will try to overprice, and thus will fail

isn't it a nerfed shield
also >arm

this also, less ram and everything locked up

They were leaked. It's really weak even compared to the original PS4 and Xbox One which will have released 3 and a half years ago when the Switch releases. I'm not one to care too much about specs on consoles, but the Switch is so gimped it's unacceptable

It's using a regular Tegra X1 but with the A53s removed, CPU cut to 1/2 speed and GPU to 1/3 speed.
Overall it has worse performance than the Shield Tablet from 2014 and will retail for $300 for 16GB of storage.

I'll take it! How much do you want for it! I haven't played a proper game in 10 years, but I want that.

That looks like the dumbest as fuck gimmick I've seen in quite some time, and I've seen quite a lot of dumb as fuck gimmicks in my time

Like most of nintendo's hilariously impractical dumb as fuck gimmicks, it will fail

Maybe you're young but people lost their shit when the wii was first coming out. The same will happen with the switch.

Seems interesting, I want to see what it can do graphically.

Considering nvidea had to basically beg and plead to get a single console contract from AMD's death grip...

Well I doubt nvidea will gimp it's only shot right off the bat. And this is coming from a AMD fan...I just don't see nvidea shooting itself in the foot first real shot they get...it seems retarded even for nvidea.

It's not Nvidia who is known for shooting themselves in the foot, it's Nintendo.

I haven't been excited for a Nintendo system since the GBA and SNES.

How could you, or anyone, have expected it to be even near the level of the PS4/xbox? It's a goddamn tablet.

AMD doesn't have any chipsets that will work well in tablets. Nintendo couldn't have made this product at all with them.

Nobody expected it to be as powerful just somewhat close.
What the switch actually has isn't even 1/10th as powerful.

I very seriously doubt the new tetra chip is less powerful than the x1. That would be too idiotic for either company.

It'll be fine. See what releases. I doubt it'll be a massively powerful thing but it'll likely be good enough.

No, I think it will be fine, I'm just saying that if anyone is gonna fuck it up it's Nintendo. Nvidia isn't gonna sell them trash hardware unless they explicitly ask for trash.

Did you intentionally spell Nvidia wrong each time?

If they get stock Android running on this thing I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

The major problem isn't the chipset...it's the lack of touchscreen and tablet OS.

If this thing was just a massively more powerful shield tablet with nintendo controllers and games...now THAT would be awesome. Run a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for basic computing and thats a Hell of a thing.

Beats any other htpc.

Auto correct is a bitch.

Fair enough.

My bait-fu is weak after a year off Sup Forums.