Is there even a Mac advantage anymore?

Is there even a Mac advantage anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVkCl0RtrV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never was, the reality distortion field is probably wearing off.

attracting faggots

>implying there ever was one

>implying there was one then

>non forced updates
>lesser (optional) botnet

>optional

It has the advantage of not being Windows.

[spoiler]More dongles for me and my boyfriend to play with.[/spoiler]

It makes you look trendy while you're picking up your wife's son from juvey.

Disadvantage*

The updates are getting a pause feature with an update soon lol.

>I'm blacked
>and I'm a siss-y

Not anymore. Years ago only proper wasps owned Macs. Now negroidaloids have them too.

no and honestly by the time they came out with that ad campaign any advantage of Mac > PC was a thing of the past. The primary advantage cited by macfags was always "muh video editing and image editing and design software"

Alright then, what's the Sup Forums approved computer?

>inb4 some bullshit gentoo distro named RPaul

>implying there ever was one

Maybe if you were an editor using Final Cut it was good

My gf is switching her degree to computer science. She has like a 2014 MacBook that she got as a gift but can trade her brother for a windows laptop with about the same power but with a bigger harddrive, but the cpu fan isn't working right. Should she switch?

A machine covered in tinfoil, or being too stupid to be able to operate a computer.

>gf
>computer science

A distro that forces everyone outside your network to use only your proprietary software while your network uses exclusively free software.

>TFW your computer requires you to sit in a Faraday cage and can't use the internet and have to "surface" to shitpost

Outbound traffic is allowed via one cable, no inbound information can come in though

i didn't know there was ever a mac 'advantage' kek

You niggers clearly don't browse pol

if you want the most sophisticated and functional DE, that also happens to look the very best, then sure.

I'm breaking the habit.

Pizzagate is what finally made me wake up and realize that even the ones who are joking about being racist are fucking insane.

It's a slightly less retarded Linux.

No, people only buy it to look like a rich asshole and as a status symbol

which happens to be a significantly less retarded Windows.

all i see is semen

You don't just get up a leave because theres a meme conspiracy. You stay and look for good threads and actually argue. Since chan is so contrarian to everything holes can be poked and since it's not reddit theres no faggot upvote system. Its not perfect but it's pretty good.

>most sophisticated and functional DE
>6000 icons on one dockbar that aren't alphabetically organized
>takes many clicks to find a program that buried away in a folder or have to type it out in search bar

Honestly the whole "Macs are organized" argument is invalid at this point

Apple trying to sell these laptops with dual core i5s for a grand is absolute criminal. I got my Windows laptop with a i7 dual core for $650 with a dedicated GPU. Honestly you're a retard to buy these under powered machines with a fruit logo and shiny aluminum considering Windows can basically do almost the same thing just as efficiently or better

I N D U S T R Y S T A N D A R D
N
D
U
S
you get it

they're organized in the order they are launched in the dock, which is the same as windows. the fuck r u talking about?

you really wanna argue explorer is better than finder? really bruh?

you get no viruses, user. :^)

Yeah, finder is retarded. Explorer is better considering there's more organization like the Start Menu, you can see running background apps from the taskbar by clicking the little arrow next to the volume and it presents a much cleaner experience in regards to Windows 10. Explorer also offers more options with the Home, Share, View, and Manage tabs.Microsoft actually tried to approve upon this, failing in 8 sure, but they've done much better in 10 than 7 in my opinion. Apple stuck to the "IT JUST WORKS!!!!!" approach.

Actual macbook, MBP, macbook air?
Either way I'd say no, a Unix environment, even one as dumb as macOS is better for a CS degree.

nah, the macbook will have better resale value.
if you want windows, you can just dual boot it using boot camp

Yes, explorer is better than Finder. Explorer never failed to find files or randomly decided to put file icons on top of each other.

dont post witchy-poo next to your retarded post thank you

Can you even type in a folder address?

If you are a normal human and don't want to use linux and a decade old thinkpad, what else would you use?

People here constantly shit on both Windows 10 and OSX. Sorry but most people buying new computers are going to have to choose one.

Why the hell would I want my dock sorted alphabetically?

Yes.

Okay I'll admit that argument didn't make sense. I was thinking of something in context of the Start Menu

MacOS doesn't fuck your computer up with a feature update every 6 months that reinstalls your operating system like Windows 10 does.

I've paused my plans to upgrade my 4 year old computer because the latest Windows 10 feature update (1607) fucked my computer in the ass and it will probably happen again with the next feature update.

I remember when if your computer worked at windows 7 launch, it would continue to work 5 years later

ok first of all you seem to be confusing explorer with the general desktop environment but ill take the bait anyway

>you can see running background apps from the taskbar
background apps live in the menu bar up top on Macs, and you don't have to click any arrows to see them
>Explorer also offers more options with the Home, Share, View, and Manage tabs
you mean that shit in the red rectangle? the bloated godawful menus I always have minimized? does anyone even use that shit?

not gonna bother replying at this point if you genuinely think explorer comes anywhere close to finder. come back when you get column view and tabs kiddie

I want to be that wand.

>Remove from Rooftop

If money isn't a big deal:
The OS is so much smoother/clean than windows.
It's the mix right between windows and linux. I've never been able to develop on windows and while I prefer linux, I like osx's features too much to use it as my personal computer.
I can't afford the new ones though, so I'm still using my 2013 mac book air :(.

>you seem to be confusing explorer with the general desktop environment
Those are literally the same process task

deadcianiggerOS

There is now
Windows 10 is fucking garbage

>Column views and tabs
>does anyone use that shit?
Click on view and you'll get an option for column view ape. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean no one else does. Seriously I cannot count how many people bash on Finder and how weak it is, There's so many guides on how to make it better or make it like Explorer it really makes you think how shit Finder really is but since you spent a shit ton of money on a computer with an exclusive OS keep making yourself feel like it was a good purchase.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVkCl0RtrV4

Screenshot?

I use Linux on a XPS 13, but nice original memes.

Proof?

I love the XPS line with the Infinity Edge display but poorfag

>I use Linux

Epic.

>mine costs more so it's better!

>he's too stupid to use Linux

There can't be an "anymore" if there never was.

In Windows, if I want low-latency and high-fidelity audio for music production, I have to use a third-party driver called ASIO4ALL which disables all sound coming from all other apps.

>>non forced updates

For media production, yes.

The built in software is still bar none the best

iMovie > WMM
Garageband > Audacity, can be a full DAW
It comes with an office suite
Etc

You can disable auto-updates from System Preferences > App Store. That will make the notifications go away.

>t. mactoddler

>a vast majority of the people complaining about Macs and macOS haven't even used never mind owned a Mac

Why should I listen to this board on anything? I've seen your posts, a lot of are just shit with computers in general. Like, being too dumb to even work Windows which is a video game OS. Linux is hobbyist shit and belongs on a rPi or a server.

Was this the most effective marketing campaign ever conceived?

Still has Handoff and Keychain over Windows.

Touch ID is new and good.

Better touchpad and gestures for controlling said touchpad.

Launchpad is effectively the start menu, and it does exactly what you've said.

Megumin is cute! CUTE!

How'd you get the rainbow apple in the menubar?

Found the manchildren

if megumin is a faggot i want to attract her all day long

if linux/bsd didn't exist i would prefer to use osx over windows, especially windows 10
it'd be a hackintosh though, not a fan of their hardware (for cost, aesthetic and repairability/upgradability reasons)

Gee I hope I don't get that virus linux I've been hearing about. I know I should be using mac since it's more secure, but man oh man I gotta have my video games XD

a pause that will only last 30 days. still forced.

>i will show them with my screenshot i found on google that i don't know the context of but it covers what i believe my crappy argument that is not true

It's a staff, you pleb.

>user error
>its the program's fault

user, theres an option to put files on a grid.

>i don't know what they are talking about
>but i think i do, and i am sure windows has it
>windows doesn't actually have it
why is literally every windows user like this