40686 users

>40686 users
>45 trusted users
wow it sounds like a great fucking idea to have a repository controlled by 99.99999% untrusted users who can put malware and botnet in all their packages

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-chrome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dare you to find a single botnet package in AUR right now

basically this

I'll post a video of me sucking nigger cock if you can

that was easy

aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-chrome/

checkmate

>I don't know what a botnet is

AUR is a fucking joke.

People that use it are just too retarded to use other distros.

Any definition of botnet you have, chrome meets. Better call Daquan, he has a show to do.

hello newfag

I know it's a fucking meme here, but it's still fucking retarded.

my name is john
and i am the botnets

hi john thank you for connecting to the botnets anonymous botnet

good thing it's almost all open source packages

then john gotted his KDE plasma rifle and he shotted the proprietary fags

Literally this.
Why would anyone use it when they could use a distro that actually supports the software they use.

For me its gentoo, for you it could be something else. But it most certainly isn't arch and the aur.

Because it has more documentation than any other distro. That way you can support yourself.

>citation needed
Though if I wanted proper documentation I would just use BSD.

>BSD has documentation meme.
Does my wifi work?
>Try it and see!

More like
>some wifi driver
>works with:
>product id 1
>product id 2
Its pretty hard to fuck that up.

>I don't read the PKGBUILD before installing AUR packages

99.99999%? That's like 0.004 people. Try ~98.889%.

Actually the documentation doesn't list id's only names. Because it isn't good.

>OP is a faggot
well, you don't dissapoint, piece of shit.

It may work on this hardware, it may not,

Thats the fun of BSD!

That in a blue haired meth addict that needs a forklift to get out of bed calling you misogynistic.

You're wasting your time, these tards are too busy shitposting to be bothered with checking the URL's in a PKGBUILD.

I don't think any amount of documention is going to help you if you can't even figure out what wifi card you are looking fro a driver for.

Anyways hardware support is completely unrelated to documentation past what was pointed out. Good documentation goes beyond listing what drivers support.

Do you really think all other distro maintainers vet every single package in their repos? Holy shit, you're retarded

Debian does.

That's horrible. So you have a wifi card and you have to look at every driver to find the one you want?

Wow it's almost as if computer have a search function or something

>check PKGBUILD
>it does standard stuff
>the upstream URL checks out

ez pz

Just pointing out that the documentation sucks and "good" that BSD users tout is misleading.

no. see If your card doesn't automatically work you search for the name on the wiki and you find the driver. This is the same process that you apply to any OS.
In fact its the same process that I have had to use on windows since windows doesn't support a standard intel ethernet controller(built into many intel bssed motherboards) out of the box.

Well they haven't added anything since 1937 so that's pretty easy.

The fuck windows are you using?

Then tell them to let us know if there is a botnet in the nvidia proprietary drivers

Both 7 and 8. Not an issue anymore since I don't run windows on baremetal but I digress.

AUR is fucking amazing.

People that are too jelly can only pretend to be epic elitist haxors like BSD NEETs

Yeah the 2.16 linux kernel doesn't support gigabit ethernet either, it really sucks running OSs from a decade ago.

Literally pic related. This board is fucking cancer.

A lot of the stuff on AUR you have to manually make and build on most other distros.

Literally everything on AUR you have to make and build on arch too. All pacaur does is automate the process.

Only amazing if you are an ignorant that doesn't understand autoconf and make and thinks failing packages is normal.

That's why he said "manually"

Shhh..

#packer -S league-of-lagends -y

Have fun with your autism -USE switches meanwhile, senpai

well he is a kde shill.
Also autoconf a shit.
>typing make && make install is harder then typing wget somefuckinglink && tar xf tarball && cd dir && cat PKGBUILD && makepkg -sri

Making a package is not hard, its just nice to have a location where people have tested and taken the steps to ensure it works with your distro, not all of us want to spend time fucking with dependencies you fucking autist

>make && make install

wew.
Enjoy those untracked files senpai.

>make && make install is harder then typing wget somefuckinglink && tar xf tarball && cd dir && cat PKGBUILD && makepkg -sri
Don't lie to yourself, NEET user. It's actually much more than that. Let's start
>Oh okay see the deps
>Download the deps
>Oh the versions will conflict. Anyways I'll use chroot
>Find 34 more deps, compile most of them
>muh .autoconf for half an hour
>okay now let's install Qt creator to use a Qt package
>Finally compile
>Segfault
>debug, what went wrong
>Oh my gLib doesn't like it :DD
>Rinse
>Repeat
>For 4 hours
>Finally get a package
>Look for neckbeard cred in Sup Forums while people with jobs laugh at your low life activities

OP's mom gets fucked by niggers, confirmed

flawless

>untracked files
I don't have that issue. Everything I use is in the portage tree. Even if it wasn't its easy to write a quick ebuild that uses the git or svn repo.

Uses portage,
Bitches about AUR,
Flawless reasoning.

nigger what? If you want to have write permissions to the portage tree you need to be approved by the core gentoo devs after going through an apprenticeship of sorts. I already said that all the software I use is in there. Anyone can upload a package to the aur.
You are free to complain about approved project devs if you want but then by your standards every distro is shit.

a PKGBUILD is very simple to create and vet

and being able to share it with everyone else shouldn't be considered a drawback-- that's just a thriving community.

we need one of these for the word "meme"

b-b-b-but THE BOTNET

if [ .* != "" ]; then
echo meme
else
echo ""
fi

>a PKGBUILD is very simple to create and vet
Then why are they all insecure and broken?

Because your mums a cunt

This

Name another distro that lets you download your tiling WM but pre-patched with RICE GAPS and even ANIME WALLPAPERS

Protip: you can't

noobuntu fangirls btfo

Portage supports patches for any package.

AUR BTFO

moebuntu
and its all preinstalled.

Arch kiddies btfo

sug kuken min svennefitte

Arch is shit. Get over yourself you fucking faggots.

Epic bump, OP. You know both your life and your thread is a sad failure

so read the PKGBUILDs before building them

Wasn't me faggot but he's right Arch does suck

apt > windows installers > shit > ( power gap ) > 5 billion light years > pacman > yaourt

As a former Microsoft cuck, I feel so comfortable using Debian/Ubuntu apt and repos to get packages. Just add the ppa and sync that shit. So much easier than even Binbows 10 store which is garbage.

>PKGBUILD installs botnet binary
>you're fucked

I'd like to speak to the administrator of this website.

Closed source + connecting to web
It IS BOTNET YOU JEWGLE PAJEET

This is absolutely false, look at this for example: I agree that Chrome functions as a virus/trojan, it has lots of similarities with other kinds of malware and obviously have backdoors. They are open about it being a product they use to collect stuff for their ads and they want to make it a social media platform so it keeps 'phoning home' and collecting personal data.

But it does not have any DRM and does not have any license activation.

But it is cloud based and does have adobe flash pre-installed with all sorts of crash reporting. It is a proprietary way to do market research.

But it does not directly have anything to do with Google.

It does make content suggestions and do automatic syncing to Google.

But it does not directly have anything to do with windows 10, but it usually is integrated into smartphones.

>wow it sounds like a great fucking idea to have a repository controlled by 99.99999% untrusted users who can put malware and botnet in all their packages
Oh wow so literally exactly the way operating systems without a centralized package management namely OSX and Windows?

Shit nigger you're retarded.

Arch has AUR
Ubuntu has PPAs
Fedora has COPRs
openSUSE has OBS

They're all convenient tools to share modified packages that otherwise wouldn't make it into main repositories.
With the exception of AUR all of them provide a mean to distribute binary packages which is even more convenient.

There is always a risk involved.
Fuck off

Archfags act like AUR is the selling point of arch linux. They have to when they have one of the smallest repos of any linux distro.

I'm sorry you're too retarded to be able to look at the upstream URLs of a PKGBUILD before installing it, perhaps Arch isn't for you - maybe you'd prefer Baby's First Linux?