There isn't a single laptop available new today that isn't seriously flawed...

There isn't a single laptop available new today that isn't seriously flawed. You used to have the option of getting a good (by the day's standards) machine if you were willing to pay. Now, everything's trash at any pricepoint. Whether it's an awkward screen ratio, missing port, mushy keyboard, flimsy chassis, or any number of other avoidable deficiencies, you're stuck with at least a few of them if you want a modern computer.

Prove me wrong. Please.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1INYD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
maingear.com/
xoticpc.com/msi-gt72vr-dominator-063.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Prove me wrong. Please

But you aren't

Laptops today suck. They've made very little progress over the past 9 years. You could even argue they've gone backwards.

i really appreciate your posting, keep it up!

Macbook Pro doesnt have these problems
>b-b-but it doesnt have the portz!
You dont need them. Just because you cant afford it, dont be jealous.

I have the prev gen. I'm fine with the ports. I'm not OK with the soda can chassis and the missing F keys.

t. poorfag whiteboy

The hero Sup Forums needs

My Alienware is good

Laptops has always sucked, just in different ways.

This picture is tasteless, unsexy, and generally offensive. I don't know how far gone you would have to be to look at this as fap bait OR something meant to be appreciated aesthetically. It's nearly furry-tier in its artistic awfulness.

Please find better japinimation hentais before posting again

t. nigger on food stamps but has an iphone

typical mactoddler damage control thread.

that is this trip? is it a mod?

no, it's a faggot that spent $20 so he could shitpost non stop without typing a captcha every 30 seconds

I don't have a tripcode, just typed it in the name field

Are you learning Japanese too? Want to be friends? I live in Guam and am moving to Hawaii in a couple of months

!!!! You're moving AWAY from Japan, not toward it!

Just type japanese into the name field you dumb weeb

I know but I had already made my decision before I was serious about it. In 2020 I'll be done with my contract and I'll be able to move to Japan. I am thinking Osaka

>and generally offensive

Welcome to Sup Forums newfag!

Trust me, you don't want to be friends with this guy. Stop away or filter him.

You dumb faggot.

ok ty

I'm selling a flawless thinkpad with new battery and a HDD replaced with a SSD for just 120€ and every retard that message me just ask if it can run AAA video games or dota/lol

Dell. Inspiron. 5000 series.

> just works
> nice specs
> great looks
> no problems
> you like it
> professionals from india use it
> I use it
> recommend

Suush your mouth mate it's perfectly fine

thanks for your input pajeet

>dell

lol have fun with your computer suddenly not turning on or some shit dells blow ass and suck dick. Unless your buying a business pc even then they blow ass

E7250, so long as you get the one with the 1080p IPS display

they bend

amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1INYD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm quite happy with it, I had to setup a manual curve for the GPU and cut CPU voltage but no actual lowering of clock speeds. Shit was hitting 100c out of the box, now sits at 65-70c even when running forza horizon 3 at 4k on my TV. Battery life for general use / watching videos is 4-5 hours which is alright. IPS, Gsync, it's got all the ports I'll ever use.

Pricey, but I mean, if you're willing to pay there are options out there.

maingear.com/

They have solid laptops. I've bought two from them - no issues so far.

A bit pricey though.

I have one of these. It's horrible

>There isn't a single laptop available new today that isn't seriously flawed.
Because you have tested every available model using your carefully crafted set of edge-cases that no machine can pass. Or you're just bullshitting?
I'd say bullshitting because I seriously doubt you have either the knowledge or the stamina to perform such tests.

Dell XPS
If it didn't have all those QC issues.

I own the 7440 and I fuckin love it. But that's not a laptop from "Today" it's from 2014.

guess what, computers are designed by humans, and humans make mistakes, it is surprizing that the computer industry is as sucessful and as profitable at all, it could have been just a huge wasted investment and the computer industry died out in the mid 1990's

This one
xoticpc.com/msi-gt72vr-dominator-063.html

1060, i7, 12GB RAM, 17" IPS screen, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, DVD drive, Windows 10 included, Dynaudio speakers, Steelseries keyboard, and all that for only $1349. Nothing from the past comes close to that.

ThinkPad X62 mod. Of course you'll be dealing with its ancient 4:3 screen.

Explain further. What do you mean by mod?

It does. It has a shit keyboard with almost 0 travel. Non replaceable battery. No portss. Throttling shit cpu and horrible cooling.

I would go as far as saying the macbook pro is the shit cherry on the turd cake when it comes to laptops. Literally only aestetics and no redeeming featues.

Aight what's your recommendation

it's a rebadged, overpriced clevo laptop.

all maingear does is put their autistic logo on it, and charge you 75% more for the same model than xoticpc. maingear is just like metabox. put it simply, you're paying more for the same model.

i'm just fucking sick of how literally every laptop these days is trying to be a macbook. even the gaymen ones. thin and light is cancer and has to go. shitty thin and light cooling systems, so we get constant throttling and HOT HOT HOT temps.

the only creative laptop i've seen in recent times is the acer predator 21x, and for a ricer laptop, i think it looks great. at least it's innovative and ridiculous like laptops from years ago.

>msi

there's your problem.

those water sensors and that shitty heatsink design akin to a subpar $200 laptop. enjoy your overpriced, overheating piece of shit.

The worst part is that some of the best laptops on the market today are actually RoG or other gaming laptops. They have good keyboards, amazing screens, amazing hardware and cooling. The only downside is that you look like a clown carrying one around.

>RoG

yes, those things are built to last. you can practically feel the build quality. I have an old G75VW and holy fuck. heatsink design is excellent. the 670m won't go above 64 celsius under full load. i've opened it many times, and nothing at all has broken. and yeah, the keyboards are pretty good. almost as good as a vaio. unfortunately for me, the motherboard died. i'll fix it eventually.

Search for Reddit user Nkwsky to see the sales pitch. It's a Chinese mobo with 5th gen i7 in an X61 chassis.

I have an X62 and the screen is better than most current laptops, not even considering the inherent superiority of 4:3.

Swap fn for F. Done.

>at any pricepoint

with that statement, we can now disregard prices. as such, whats wrong with the 2015 MacBook Pro?

Sounds nice, I'll look into it.

>tfw sony and toshiba are both out of the laptop game

why is this allowed?

It's not even that expensive, is that the only argument you can use? This is why no one takes macfags seriously.

Toshiba made shit laptops, and Sony only ever made one good model range.

Why should any of us care?

>tfw you'll never own a Panasonic Let's Note

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Sony makes godawful laptops and Toshiba wasn't so hot either, good riddance.

Yeah I bought an Asus rog with a 1060 in it. The shit has so many problems I ended up returning it. Are there other brands that aren't shit with their laptops? Is gigabyte, sager or msi any good?

Its all just because of this normie pandering.

In the last 6 years or so consumer computing has grown exponentially and more and more people want laptops. This is what caused netbooks to be a thing and now chromebooks. These products are ok because they fit a specific section of the market but the problem is this is now encompassing ALL laptops.

I have an old inspiron 1545 here and i can change the ram, battery, and even the hard drive with a few screws taken out. This process is much more complicated because laptops need to fit the consumer buzzword checklist and even buisiness class laptops are seeing this now. look at the new thinkpads or dell latitudes, they have the same characteristics.

Basically normies want a $1500 web browsing machine clone and its spreading all over even into the business markets.

> $2400 for a new macbook pro

I no longer regret stockpiling old computers. I refuse to pay this for a facebook machine.

>msi
>good

JUST
U
S
T

>falls for bait
>calls someone newfag
2 months on the site doesn't mean your not a newfag

>Core M
Just go

Alienware is only good non business laptop...overpriced as Fuck but it's a real fucking laptop.

Chromebooks...convertible tablets and Alienware or business...all other are shit tier ultrabooks with no fucking features and no ports.

I can tolerate that shit from a super cheap convertible tablet or Chromebooks...not from a full priced 'laptop'.

Thin modern pieces of shit.

Only time you get a machine with its price it costs either under 400 or over a grand.

>overpriced as Fuck

not really. msi's laptops and aorus are much worse. alienware's have plummeted in rrp over the years and aren't at the top anymore when it comes to gaming laptops. the rrps are average for a gaming laptop.

the advantage of an alienware is that if you want to sell it, it will "hold" it's value akin to an apple product. you won't get that with another brand unless it's a ROG. also the brand name. idiots will fight over it on an ebay auction.

i just sold a 5 year old m17x r3 on ebay for a cool $850 2 weeks ago. spent the money on a 1080. 46 fucking bids. people are so fucking stupid.. [spoiler]and i'm typing from another m17x r3 right now.[/spoiler]

I came off a motorcycle with one in my back pack about 3 years ago and it took the brunt of the fall.

Aside from the scratches and a replaced mother board it still works to this day.