BYE BYE GOOGLE

>2017
>using google products

it's official, lads

2017 IS THE YEAR YOU GET RID OF GOOGLE FOR GOOD

i have my gmail account left, and i am already deleting my messages to get rid of it forever
>protonmail

phone is free of gapps and services
>microg, osm~, k9/protonmail

pls share tips on how to live the gappsfree life

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/blog/bridge-beta-signup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For what purpose

The Google ecosystem is like the comfiest thing

hmmm no i think i will keep using google products

gmail because I can't be arsed to change my email addresses to new ones if it involves contacting customer support.

Google Maps just works, OpenStreetMaps is neat but finding some places is a bit harder to do.

Can't really get away from Youtube, not logging into my gmail account and not accepting cookies is the best I'll get from that.

>Can't really get away from Youtube, not logging into my gmail account and not accepting cookies is the best I'll get from that.
i do the same
also youtube plus for massive gains

>For what purpose
where do i begin...

>ruining the android experience
>killing google reader
>shoving plus
>killing youtube (comments, ratings, vevo, real content)
>scanning the books of the entire world on a 'ask if you mind' basis (basically mob tactic)
>trying to literally own the internet

it is by far the worst company in the world

Keep is amazing though.

Literally did this last week. Good luck OP, you won't regret it. My anus already feels tighter.

Proton mail is browser only, otherwise I would be using it right now.

the imap version is already being tested by the lifetime users

it is not a trivial matter... so they have had to create an application that encrypts the desktop client's calls and transfers to the server

it is called proton bridge

I am going to get rid of the google account in a matter of 2-3 days

I am going slow... changing logins everywhere

pretty funny how a lot of pages don't have the option available, and you have to send an email to have it done

cheers

That's good to know. I will dump my Gmail account as soon as they get that up and running.

beta signup here, lad:

protonmail.com/blog/bridge-beta-signup/

The only things that stops me from completely saying fuck you to google is that i have bought some apps that i really need and that i'm not able to find elsewhere (like a complete mylanguageenglish dictionary) on the playstore and if i delete my account i won't be able to reinstall them when i change phone

APKPure would do the trick, if they provide another way of monetizing the app

see another way is just using luckypatcher to 'pirate' the app, while donating to the author using PayPal

no joke: the author will even get more revenue, or even provide a googlefree APK

google ain't fucked me

I switched to iOS. :) feelsgoodman

>>protonmail
Call me when I can use an actual email client with it.

Cause right now It only allows mobile applications and browser.

Just bought a Google Home, Google is now officially listening to all of my conversations

just plug into the Matrix user, it's comfy

google is cancer

>comfy
I feel like I should start to filter this word.

>switching from one botnet to even worse botnet

no, ive had gmail since closed beta use project Fi
watch more youtube than anything

I for one accept my google overloads

The Sup Forums filter is pretty comfy, you should do it

There's fastmail too.

see

>Implying any botnet is worse than Google.

Can you really delete all your emails? I'm pretty sure the botnet stores it forever, even if they claim they don't.

at least in the UE, they have to delete the info

>tell the goy all is OK, we deleted it
>keep it archived knowing nobody will check
That's basically how I see it

i understand... but afaik they have regular audits to check that everything is up to law

UE: you have the right to Cancel their info file on you

at least i hope that shit works as expected

good to know they're trying

proton will clearly be the superior option

You liked vevo?

Let's be realistic here, they can't store every little thing you've ever had forever. That's way too many emails.

>You liked vevo?
literally the other way around
vevo videos killed youtube

>Let's be realistic here, they can't store every little thing you've ever had forever. That's way too many emails.
Yeah, but thousand emails is like couple of MB, attachments are probably another 20 MB. It's too cheap for them not to do it.

Eh I suppose that's true.

Still though, I have a hard time believing they aren't constantly needing to add more and more space to contain a google profile in general. How many people do you think use Google services anyways? Gotta be in the billions.

Frankly, I just struggle to believe that if you up and deleted your account, they would keep it indefinitely. They are a business first, and it's not likely that they are going to hold on to it with the possibility to sell your info to the FBI 10 years later if they haven't asked yet.

>switching from one botnet to even worse botnet
>even worse
We know Apple sucks, but let's not get delusional there. Google is like the god of botnets

Still though, if one in 10 000 people ends up being somebody even remotely important, it costs them like 10 000/1 person*100MB*0.1$/GB = 50$/person of importance. I won't become one, but I'm probably in the 10k. $50 for potentially having a significant chunk of digital life of somebody important is nothing for a company that size.

Google docs works so well with LibreOffice and Linux in general. I ditched Office 365 and using Google Drive to sync my files for offline use.

Microsoft are bigger jews than Google, they prevent open doc formats from being implemented in their ecosystem.

>he thinks google doesn't save copies of all his emails

lmao, it's not like they give a shit about your dumb emails anyway.

Most of the data they use is for analytics, patterns, demographics and trends that they can sell to advertisers.

If you can produce detailed reports about your potential clients and how they might react to your marketing and products, it is valuable as fuck for companies.

Aside from that, they don't give a fuck about the content of the emails and photos.

>Google is the most efficient botnet
feelsgreatman

>scanning the books of the entire world on a 'ask if you mind' basis (basically mob tactic)

I'm against a lot of things Google does but I think this is a good thing. I just wish keeping track of the entire world's knowledge was handled by a public service rather than a corporation like Google.

>I just wish keeping track of the entire world's knowledge was handled by a public service
I'm pretty sure it is, I don't think any of the archive organizations are anything but not-for-profit.

won't it just end up the same as lavabit

I've deleted my gaygle account a couple of months ago, and using openmailbox.org as an alternative to gmail.

What are you smoking?
It is cool but they are scanning everything without asking for permission

The authors need to apply to have their work removed, and not the other way around

There's literally no downside to it being opt-out. Actually there's plenty of benefit to it being opt-out, now people have a wealth of knowledge constantly accessible instead of having to pay for access or whatever retarded shit authors will do as jews.

let me know when you can find a replacement for android that works and isn't a botnet

>It is cool but they are scanning everything without asking for permission

Yeah, that's what I like. If they had to ask for permission for everything they'd never get it done.

No downside? Having your work for free everywhere until YOU notice?

>they don't give a fuck about the content of the emails and photos.

aww poor widdle baby has to get a real job now and can't jew people for abysmal writing
boo hoo

>insult
Learn to accept defeat

I admit when I first saw this slide seeing pic related rustled my jimmies a bit

It's not an insult if it's the truth tho :)

You forgot all of the spying and bonnet shit that Google does.

When a service is free for the end-user, that means you are a PRODUCT not a CUSTOMER.

Fuck that.

I deleted my Google account a year ago. No ragrets.

I'm not a writer
You should respect others work
Now i understand why you don't care about Google pirating others work for muh public knowledge

>Done

>Aside from that, they don't give a fuck about the content of the emails and photos
truly i wonder why all serious tech companies don't let their employees use google stuff, and at the same time google doesn't allow its employees to use windows shit

nigga they have an app, ive been using it for 6 months now

I'm glad the botnet is part of my life. I used to care about privacy but then I realized that I have nothing to hide.

>ProtonMail is free and "open source"
>"open source"
right...

that is a hell of a fallacy, son

you should read The Information Diet

it is a really cool book about this

the problem is not what you have or not to hide, but about how they use your info to shape your everyday life

if they shape your information diet using your own tastes, you never see the other side of the coin, and you become basically a zombie in you own customized world

> i am already deleting my messages to get rid of it forever
You are not deleting anything. Now their system knows you're trying to hide so it moved all your info into permanent store

>having a google account in the first place

>You are not deleting anything. Now their system knows you're trying to hide so it moved all your info into permanent store

HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA
HAHAH HAHAHAH A

*breaths in*
HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHHHHAAHAA

>liking vevo
you need to die. Seriously, like choke on black dicks and gargle your way out of this world.
>protonmail
Just in case, it would be good to wipe your whole family too.

>mfw had a lifetime account but forgot the pass and had no way to recover
now I'm paying £4 a month for it

>thinking a company as intrusive as google doesn't have a redundant backup for every and each of their servers
>thinking they don't have triggers when someone tries to wipe his account
You deserve to be spied on

>phone is free of gapps and services
how do you do this?

custom rom

that sounds above my knowledge level :(

>you need to die. Seriously, like choke on black dicks and gargle your way out of this world.
I AM LISTING BAD THINGS
VEVO IS A BAD THING

stock rom
root
remove all google services
install microg for faux google services
install nlp no gaps for location services (fdroid)
install google store apps from APKPure (if needed)

it's a piece of piss mate, what phone do you have?

what is a good email provider to use instead of gmail?

>remove an app hard-coded into system
>brick phone

Nice try microshill

>remove an app hard-coded into system
what

hard-coded? my ass
it is a service like any other
of course google will tell you the phone will not work
if you want to believe them, enjoy your shitty battery life and botnet lad

being living the googlefree life for 3 phones... this is my 4th

Put a .txt file on an sd card and send it in the mail.

>I bricked three phones
>Listen to me!

As a lot already said here,Protonmail. Great one.