Your mom wants a computer for her birthday, what do you gift her?

Your mom wants a computer for her birthday, what do you gift her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCCss3QxegBkF8BAetIo0qXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Paying $500+ for a gift
Fuck that.

An old Amiga. Revenge for all the times she bought you N64 games for your PS2.

I write computer on my dick.

I already experienced exact situation.
Just bought her an asus transformer.

Raspberry pi cuz im broke as fuck

A Mediacom tablet. My mom wanted a simple tablet to play those Object find games on Amazon Underground.
Saw this little shit with my dad in a computer store.
Said "Dad, let's wait a bit, I'll find something better"
He bought it anyways.
10"
Atom x3
Android 6
16gb of Storage
1gb of ram
1024x600 resolution
140€

I found the exact model at 90€ on amazon.

That thing looks like garbage but the build quality seems nice.

X220 with Hackintosh on it.

>Your mom wants a computer
And I want my tendies

A dragon dildo.

myself
I can do everything a compu can

My dick

You can't turn into a Japanese girl and make me masturbate.

I gave her J1900.
She does not need any more than that.

A silent laptop.

A calculator

sick fuck I'm helping my mother not you

But she already has a desktop and laptop AND the free tablet that came with her phone (which is a smartphone), she's not quite incompetent enough to have broken all four of them

An iPad with a keyboard cause that's what she wanted.

A NUC, or one of their knockoffs. Unless i had some spare parts laying around to build something.

Actually i got my mum a Brix, and for some reason she struggled to comprehend it's a computer, when she's been using a laptop for years.

She recently got an EliteBook for pretty cheap off Newegg. Otherwise I had considered picking out a ThinkPad for her.

Tablet or MacBook

Build her one with cheap parts I have lying around, which is exactly what I did for Christmas.

Had an old XPS with a i7 2500 that I paid $75 for because it "didn't work". i7, 12gb ram, on-board wifi, 1tb hard drive and a 5870 is more than she needs to browse Facebook.

Didn't work because the thing was filthy, with dry thermal paste and overheating.

She gave me her 2011 mac mini in return as well, which is nice because having never used mac os past the g5 era I wanted to try it out. So far it's been an awful experience.

An intel compute stick.

I thought this was a tech enthusiast board, look at all these shitposts.

if only my mom looked like this

I bought my mum a used T420 off ebay a year ago and she loves it.

Get her a Mac, seriously. My parents are old and using windows was always a headache. Once I got them a iMac it was like night and day. 90% of everyday computer problems went away.

Used a-grade Thinkpad with SSD. ~250$

>Intel stick

good goy

Some midrange laptop, she won't need anything better.

tablet.
shes not getting a full pc
it can browse web, do emails, read books, watch tv and its cheapish.
good enough.

just get her a cheap chromebook

Only the best for mommy

give her a chromebook and tell her to fuck off

XPS 15 with Windows 7 installed.

>computer
>for mom
An iPad with a keyboard flip cover. Fuck giving her a Windows laptop, I don't want to spend 6 hours explaining basic functions only for her to fuck again the pc after 6 hours for clicking on a virus. With an iPad at least, I can just go to settings and wipe that shit if a virus from the net fucks shit up.

this

Probably a Chromebook. They're cheap and she'd probably only use it for viewing documents, going to Facebook and listening to country music anyway.

A decent thinkpad with Ubuntu Mate installed. I use the same. Don't tell her the root pass, make an account just for her so she can't fuck anything up. Run the updater every one-two weeks when i'm able to visit. Almost no possibility of her getting viruses or phished in some sort of scam. She'd fuck up windows day one.

>not gifting your mother a 150 USD nuc

Either a chromebook or an old laptop with ubuntu installed. Installed Ubuntu on my grandparents computer and most of their problems have gone away.

parents have been on ubuntu on a T60 and T61 since 2012 which has taken care of all their pc needs, if they didn't have this they would have gone straight to best buy and bought a consumer piece of shit every 3 years with all the gay AV and options so I've saved them about $4000 by now.

underrated

id buy her the best computer money can buy

Cheapest plastic piece of shit they have at the local laptop store. She always breaks these things anyway, just after their warranty is over.

>what do you gift her?
Some cheapshit jewelry or house decoration.

Cheap amd build 2-300
Get a nice ~27" 1440p korean monitor.

Yeah, works every time. Did the same to my mom.

youtube.com/channel/UCCss3QxegBkF8BAetIo0qXA

>intel compute stick
and here, ladies and gentleman, you see how you can expose yourself as the huge faggot you are without even saying a single word
>I thought this was a tech enthusiast board, look at all these shitposts
DELET

Got my mom a Toshiba Notebook last year. Way slower than it ought to be based on the specs.

I recently built a computer with an i3, 250GB ssd and 4GB ram for my mother. It's really fast and she's happy with it. It runs Windows 10 and luckily my mother is not stupid enough to download all kinds of malware.

I'd make cummies for mummy

Tell her to buy it and I'll set it up

>Way slower than it ought to be based on the specs
At least one person now knows the truth; specs are at best guesswork.
How random components will interoperate is anyone's guess.
Specs are usually all claim and no delivery.

If its a desktop, I'd build a $300 or so build with a core i5.
If she wants a laptop, then one with a 720p screen and a i5 6200U should be fine. $400

Sure is poor in here

Whatever new Windows 10 laptop she wants.

>not giving the person that gave birth to you the world, let alone a few-hundred dollar computer

TRULY A SHIT-TIER CHILD

>gives her a note saying "I wish you never reproduced"

An old elitebook or similar that I got for free. Businesses throw out stuff like that all the time. It would be better than the cheap crap she would buy for herself anyways.

Got her one with a docking station a while back.

iPad

>what do you gift her
what do you give her

Gift is a noun.
Give is a verb.

Y700 with an i7 and GTX 960m.

No matter how much malware she installs it will still fly.

gift is also a verb.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mis take in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

damn you, got the song in my head now

Chrome book

One of my old rigs I no longer need

I put one together for her birthday years ago, and made her a small office as well

A proper fucking computer and not the stupid worthless machine dad threw on her last time.

Not that I'd know where to get one. It'd be quite the research journey.
If you're asking for your own sake you're likely out of luck. People who know what to get are hard to come by because their shit lasts. The people giving advice are in general people who buy computers that don't last. You'd think they would know because they spend their time researching quite a bit. But they're only slightly better than random chance.

If I were you I'd go to some laptop teardown blog/channel/whatever and look at their view. The internals quality details are often a good indicator of quality as opposed to specs.

Had someone link me that when it was announced.
I'm happy I blocked her.

>not fucking your mom raw

Do you even Oedipus complex?

You realize that all women you find attractive are just analogues of your own mother?

>implying you do that yourself
nice joke user :^)

I bought mine a chromebook. She doesn't know the difference, but she loves the 12 hour battery and instant on.