How true is this?

how true is this?

It's a very nice desktop experience but I really don't see what would be keeping someone from going to windows or linux afterwards...

It's true. I had zero money after the purchase and was stuck with it.

>Those hips
Christ.

I'm not a liberal, I can't bring my thinkpad into starbucks for free wifi.

Quite the opposite here although it's just preference.
Since I was a kid I always used windows classic shell, minimal WMs or WMs without any effects. OSX doesn't allow you to customize anything at all. Retardness of window management kills me each moment I have to use it (cmd+tab, mission controll and shit).

I give it one thing though, as shitty as it is - it's super stable.

Glorified facebook machines. They're for fags.

It's absolutely true, if you go with mac as a developer you can program on every damn operating system. It is like being the God of Tesco.

Cheers.

Also follow me on my blog as I develop a TUI library for Windows in C# while drinking bohemian bewr.

Not true.

I used Linux as a youth and bought a Mac for college.. Really wanted to avoid using Windows, but I wanted to be able to use MS Office. This was over 10 years ago. Wasn't until I was on my second Mac that I started using it as my primary machine. Went through three total before I got fed up and went back to Linux.

OS X peaked at 10.5 or 10.6. The Finder was always trash.
Do Macs have proper multi monitor support yet?

Until Tim Cook spits in your face for not buying an iPad Pro instead

Windows 10 does

Not true, source: I went back from a mac. Still don't get what all the fuss was about, it's like a my first linux laptop except you look like a normie.

it held true, until steve jobs died and everything went downhill

t. ex macbook pro and iphone user

very, because that actually fucking sucks.

its comfy but makes really problems once apple e.g. turns gay and cares about skin color instead of properly working ram management or widget download links that do not 404.

that's the good thing about free software. you choose to get fucked over and can avoid it. don't like wayland? avoid it. don't like systemd? avoid it. yet you will be able to be up to date. not with apple.

but linux is a fucking penguin, it's doomed. it's made for SERVANTS (do you understand that, you fucking idiot?) because just look at fucking penguins, its fucking obvious

its the only bird that cannot fly. sure, they can swim well, but they cannot breathe underwater. it's a crucial flaw I overlooked and which made me waste a few years of my life.

ms shit is for niggers, it's good, but also the worst

I think pajeet trying to use google translate

I was given a Mac Book Pro for work, its actually kinda comfy

Used a Mac when i was a kid from 1996-2000. Then my parents got me a pc and I've never looked back. The mac couldn't even play a QuickTime Crazy Taxi trailer at more than 1 frame per second.

What the fuck is this?

The Apple product ecosystem is unparalleled. The use of a Mac, iPhone and something like AirPods at the same time is amazing.

None at all. I went mac in 2009 and got fed up with it on 2012. Been using fedora on my own desktop ever since.

This, buying all the dongles would drain even Trump's bank account.

Polar opposite. I hate just about everything about Macs / Apple. Both the designs and the corporation itself.

Yeah, thanks for GUIs, but the brand's become cancerous as fuck in 21st century.

>calling cables 'dongles'
>calling adapters 'dongles'
>calling dongles 'adapters'

kys normie

Learn proper troubleshooting for every OS:

>something doesn't work in windows
>man, i suck
>something doesn't work in linux
>man, linux sucks
>something doesn't work in OSX
>i suck men

Beg to differ. I followed the "get a mac" meme with those stupid "I'm a mac, I'm a PC" adverts and bought an iMac. I even went down the route of buying iPhones, too. T'was comfy for a while, until Lion basically fucked up everything, and I started getting screen rendering problems.

The iMac was on it's last legs when I basically heard about Linux and dual-booted into Xubuntu. It basically extended the life of the iMac by a year until the hardware finally gave up totally. I bought an Asus and tolerated windows 8 for a while (worst 40 minutes of my life) until I deleted and replaced with Xubuntu. Never looked back since.

so basically just dont use computers

I went mac. Went back. Wasn't very hard.

TL;DR it's pretty unimportant to me now

I went from a Windows laptop, to a mid-2011 Macbook Air, and since about 2 years ago been using a peecee
I used to say that I would only use my macbook for watching videos in bed, but even then I have botnet samsung phone, so it just sits on the other side of my desk gathering dust
The only aspect of it that I can really call "missing" is Screenflow which was used to edit/cut some conferences from work into YouTube videos for a company I worked with (only reason I did it was getting paid), but even then, there's OBS and Movie Maker if I want to do shit like that ever again

please follow my blog @ gaymidgetvidz-blog(dot)tumblr(dot)com

Underrated

You'd be surprise

Semi true. I switch to Mac about 6-7 years ago and have since started a job in IT where I mostly deal with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 machines from Dell and Lenovo.

I don't miss having to deal with an anti-virus program. I don't miss updates breaking random stuff on the regular, then having to figure out which exact KB it was, then uninstalling it to resolve the issue. I don't miss having to struggle with dealing with updates at all, actually. I don't miss programs not opening for no reason, having to kill the task in task manager, then reopen it. I don't miss WiFi not connecting 1/100 times. I don't miss a USB drive not being recognized 1/50 times. I don't miss printer drivers not working 1/20 times.

These are all small things but they culminate into a shitty user experience when all the macs I've had either straight up do not have those problems, or have them significantly less frequently.

>linux is obsolete
Because using a file browser with a graphical interface is faster than using the terminal. Right.

Linux is the most programmer friendly OS out there, its heavy usage by the likes as evidence. As a direct result, we have many tools that aren't compatible with Windows and OSX to suit our needs.

>con't

I don't miss shitty trackpads that don't have gestures, or barely recognize the gestures it should. I don't miss having to fuck around with asinine power management settings to make sure my laptop isn't dead when I open the lid. I don't miss random directories taking up 30GB of space for no reason. I don't miss random temporary directories swelling up to 5-10GB+. I don't miss having to run stupid Disk Cleanup to resolve it.

So join us.

These basically, and more. Apple has spent many years refining the hundreds and hundreds of little things that add up to the entire use of the OS. Windows will never be able to do that.

I've been using my cousin's Mac for 2 weeks and the only thing that i felt was curiosity at the beginning.

>he doesn't get the joke

>t. mactoddler

Holy fuck pajeet, are you only here to post your poorfag butthurt in every Apple thread? You're a tech retarded Indian using a Windows XP prebuilt shitbox. Kill yourself.

Without the
>kys normie
he would've convinced me he has 50% more intellect than a half-wit. What a shame.

Turned out to be absolutely true for me.
Used Windows all my life, used Linux for the last 5 years or so (still use it at work as we have Kubuntu on workstations and Debian on servers).
macOS is the best desktop OS hands down. It is extremely stable and reliable. It is uniform in quality and consistent throughout. It pretends to be stupefyingly simple, but is very capable under the hood.
I'd recommend every Sup Forums user than considers himself half tech-savvy to go and try hackintosh.
>Apple has spent many years refining the hundreds and hundreds of little things that add up to the entire use of the OS. Windows will never be able to do that.
Very true.

>t. mactoddler

>being a slave to one environment
Pathetic.

>fruity toddler toy facebook OS
>reliable or stable

Good joke.

Why do so many retards buy multiple adapters instead of a hub? The point of USB C is that it literally does everything and that also includes doing multiple things over a single port.

Apple has those shitty single purpose adapters because they want your cash instead of designing one adapter that has all the ports of the old one for the luddites. Heck they could've even included it with the damn macbook pro.

>"like with a cloth or something?"
may I have some context behind this?

Nice hip to waist ratio

I love the hardware design, but the OS is garbage; so I fixed it.

I’ll just say one thing. Switching from iOS to Android was a much bigger mess than I thought it’d be.

/thread