What will you be doing when 2017 strikes?

I'm going to write something in Haskell.
That's how sad my life is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p9vh-tSZCoI
youtube.com/watch?v=NgOzYYwA1DI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I live In Rio de Janeiro, one block from the beach. This picture describes me perfectly.

I'm going to play Steins;Gate. That's what I brought myself for Christmas.

drinking with my friends and/or family. I suggest you all do the same if you'd like to start off the new year NOT being a pathetic loser

what do you mean by play? is there a game?

pic related

>start the new year being drunk

not him, but its probably a VN.

Nope, he didn't get shot.

Watch fireworks while listening to this:
youtu.be/p9vh-tSZCoI

Only gringos get shot.

Sleeping in my car

does any user know how to create ricin or cyanide? i would love to end this year peacefully.

>Only gringos
Yeah right...

Don't kys user

Probably playing cs:go while theres some problems in my family and they'll affect my life in 2017.

Leafy?

Hopefully in your garage...

>writing something in haskell for new years resolution

you must be a python toddler if thats your resolution

I'll be lurking here but I'm going out to dinner in a few hours so that will be my celebration.

with it on

Why does Python receive so much hate?

Nope, just tired of that stupid problems..

I'll try to go a week without masturbating
People on the internet said it would improve my life so it must be true

Recompiling my kernel. Y2k is just late.

being better at something tends to attract a lot of haters. Imagine being autistic and writing a one-time-use program in C. Of course, since it's a lowlife level language it will take at least 14 hours to get it running properly. Then a handsome, smart programmer writes the same thing in python. It only took him 10 minutes to write it, so his boss lets him take the rest of the day off so he goes and fucks the C programmer's wife.

Wouldn't you be mad too?

>staring off the new year being autistic

That and/or his PC didn't get stolen.

dumb frog

I'm gonna try nofap for a year

keep calm

Because it's not 2005 and there's Java

Can't.
I'm 400+ miles away from "home".
I'm currently taking a shit since 2 days ago

I was sleeping.

I went more than that due to my medications (SSRI and other stuff), and it doesn't.

Python is fun, Java isn't.

defensive are we?

>he

Potassium permanganate 30g - ingest with your favorite soft drink, not with alcohol, painless.

Sodium Pentobarbital, or Nembutal 10g - ingest with you favorite soft drink, painless.

Both are easily available online and cheap. The last one is also available from not-so-ethical local veterinary surgeon.

It's also very easy to buy a handgun anywhere in the world. Check with your local drug dealer or prostitutes.

The tile on that floor looks poorly done.

Apart of dealing with that.

My main focus with be learn how to program, mastering Linux systems administration, be better than this year, improving my English (muh Spanish mothertongue) and learn other languages and get more independent with a job.

Well, you were on medications.

It is sad only if you think so.
I am happy to be in my bed, comfortably sipping tea.

Yeah, I'm always on meds.

you have a surprisingly good chance of surviving a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head if you don't do it correctly.

Have fun user. If it weren't for FFXV I'd be playing Steins;Gate Zero.

Is your life better on them?

I'm not sure.

If I understand that is a filled gap between tiles. I can't really understand how you could do that accidentally. Seems like it is fucked up on purpose.

I will be MAGA hopefully

People that survive usually were shot by other people at some distance. The bullet gets on the side of the head or something. Or they put the gun on their mouth and miss it. Putting the barrel in the middle of your forehead or temple is pretty effective.

This but it is even worse with poisons. Make it a shotgun, it has something like a 94% effectiveness rate when aimed at your head. Get a mirror to make sure the angle is correct

Well it is at a gas station

I'm going to write something in Ruby.
Gotta keep my schedules.
Sucks.

>doesn't even have concrete plans
I will be dropping acid for the first time with my gf and several total strangers in a town I have never been to while at the peak of a period of social anxiety. This will be interesting

So mad rofl

>2017
>ruby

It pays my bills, dude.

so does COBOL

Ruby is used extensively for backend services in github and AWS, in addition to being a hugely popular language for web frameworks, what is your point?

Alright.

>already 2017
>still no gf

don't you guys get it!!
Y2K + 17
17 is the average of the first two Perfect numbers. 2 as in two K (thousand)

It's legacy code. It doesn't count.

2017 is also prime.

THERE ARE EXACTLY 17 2 TWO-DIMENSIONAL SPACE (planes of symmetry) WE ARE ALL GOING TO FUCKING DIE!
Precisely!

>implying that's sad
>implying you're not privileged af

stop worshiping a date you fucking idiots

The problem of living in Rio de Janeiro is that you do not know when the sound is of fireworks or shots.

In addition, Rio de Janeiro is fucked. There's no fucking money and the sons of bitchs continue to spend money on fucking réveillon.

I have no idea

How does one do it right? Asking for a friend.

don't put the gun in front of you like they do in movies; you can live if it's only the front-portion of your brain that gets blasted off. It's more effective to stick the barrel into your mouth and "bite the bullet" as they say. Try to get the back part of your brain, as there is a portion there (don't know what it's called because I'm not a fucking nerd) that controls essential shit like breathing and whatnot.

Worked out for Kurt Cobain

Ruby is a good language that is easy to write and understand, just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

Are new developers coming to Ruby? No.
How many frameworks per day are getting written in Ruby? Close to zero.
Sorry, it may be a good language but it's dead.

It's pretty stable, there are plenty of existing frameworks, and it's mostly used for frontend shit these days but it's still heavily used. It's the elephant in the room, why does it need to constantly churn out new frameworks? It's a good thing that it isn't a javascript cespool of things deprecated after 5 days.

It's called the brain stem.

youtube.com/watch?v=NgOzYYwA1DI

/chemist/ here.

30g potassium permanganate may kill you, but it'll be a painful mess of it oxidizing your organs. I think even cyanide may be more peaceful than any permanganate.

Also on it. I will call it "vom"

Nathalia best girl

>The problem of living in Rio de Janeiro is that you do not know when the sound is of fireworks or shots.
Have you ever heard a shot? It's pretty different. Most of the time fireworks are used to warn drug lords of the police entering the favela, which is followed by shots. So you telling them apart is not that necessary, they come almost always together.

>There's no fucking money
That's the state of Rio de Janeiro. Most of the states budged comes to the city of Rio de Janeiro, so we are fine for now.
I'm not implying that the money is well distributed or that there is no poverty.

>money on fucking réveillon
I would prefer if it went to schools and hospitals. :(

Thank you. Notes taken. I have never tested it myself.

I stay at home playing wow while I think about all of these dumbasses who will die tonight because of alcool and I laugh at them.
>mfw darwinism at it best
feels so fcking good

Staying at home playing WOW while people get laid and pass they genes forward.
>Thinks she is the fittest

>not getting drunk and going to IRL shitpost at the beach

>interesting
one tip my friend, from another anxiety ridden mind, never stay in an inside (specially if you are at a rave/party) and never sit down with a circle of strangers that know each other, specially at the height of the trip and if you tend to be paranoid around strangers

try not to be on the streets or at least not in one with a lot of cars going by very fast

if it gets too mad drink water, smoke cigarretes (if you smoke), and get in front of a fan or somewhere where there is wind hitting your face

wind + smoke + water = escape from bad worlds

if you REALLY want to stop it you can drink orange juice, this may be complete bullshit on the scientific side, i don't know, im not a neurochemist, but believe me, drinking a few glasses of orange juice and KNOWING it will calm you down, WILL calm you down

psychedelics blur the walls between your mind and the world, if you get anxious shit will get scary, if you do what i say and trust me when i say it will work, then the calming inputs of the world im directing you to (wind, water, juice, smoke, open spaces) will make your mind calm itself

best thing you can do before dropping is planning all your escape routes/escape substances and going for them when you feel you need it

>people get laid and pass they genes forward.
>implying it's a good thing
We're way too much already and technology prevend natural selection in a critical manner.
With shitholes all over the earth being less poor, 2017 must be the year of the purge.

>not getting drunk and going to IRL shitpost at the beach
Not quite a good idea. It's full of drunk gringos and poor people from the suburbs. You can get stolen, get in a fight, step on a broken bottle if using flip flops or bare foot, get you shoes full of sand otherwise.

Getting drunk and shit posting IRL during carnival on the other hand is a very good idea. Carnival lasts for about two weeks(pre-carnival + carnival), you are certain to fuck at least 4 or 5 times during that.

also, basically doing pyschedelics is the equivalent to the spirit of the planet getting corporeal and walking amongst us

to put it simply: if you take enough, you will realize you are an environment for other life-forms (celular organisms and thought-forms in the case of humans) and will interact with those life-forms living within you, you will probably recognize a bunch of them, they will also tell you about your behaviours that are detrimental to them and ask you to stop them, this can cause you a lot of guilt

thats why seeking for healthy shit like water, wind, and open spaces, will help you stabilize your trip

>inb4 brain-damaged hippie
this is a metaphor, but believe me its on point

1- wear flip-fops culiado
2- you have the gift of being a brazilian resident who can spot slum-beasts and people who are dangerous just by their looks, stay away from them and look for other latin-americans, europeans, and gringos, (in order of friendliness), they will welcome you in their groups and share their women and drinks with you, people like brazilians, you don't even need to be interesting, just say funny-sounding brazilian sentences when they ask you to speak brazilian and ask their questions about brazil

>who can spot slum-beasts and people who are dangerous just by their looks
You can't see black people at night.

>share their women
New year is a family party, you wouldn't expect to fuck anyone in grand mothers birthday(I think).

>and drinks
That's true. Tourists always buy the most expensive drinks. They also happily share it with you because you didn't let they pay 50 usd for a budwiser can.

>people like brazilians, you don't even need to be interesting
True.

> just say funny-sounding brazilian sentences when they ask you to speak brazilian and ask their questions about brazil
I always translate things to "fuck me in the ass please" or something.

Think like that. New year is like you grand mothers 90 birthday party.
Carnival is like celebrating your 18 years birthday at a brothel with your best friends.

>New year is a family party
I assure you after 12 young people will claim the city and transform it into an open bar

>You can't see black people at night.
Beaches are illuminated at night, yes you can, you also know the dress-codes, specially the young-criminal one

I never experienced Carnival, maybe its better, but New Year is after 12, before that its New Year's Eve, which yeah, its about grand mothers

Yes, admitting to be a HasKILL programmer is cringeworthy all by itself.

>I assure you after 12 young people will claim the city and transform it into an open bar
Not really, people go home just after mid night. The ones that remain are just too drunk to go home.

>Beaches are illuminated at night, yes you can, you also know the dress-codes, specially the young-criminal one
It was a joke. It's easy to spot them if you can see them.
They don't point a gun at you, they just pick stuff from your pocked and disappear in the ocean of people. Pretty hard to do anything, even more if you are completely drunk.

pic related, they are a mix of blacks and mexicans

>other latin-americans, europeans, and gringos
Those are all gringos. We don't have more respect for other latin americans than we do for europeans. As a rule of thumb, never say you are Argentinian or Portuguese, you will get memed.

>Not really, people go home just after mid night. The ones that remain are just too drunk to go home.

Then Brazil is boring

>Those are all gringos. We don't have more respect for other latin americans than we do for europeans
Fuck you, Pele is shit

Practicing machine learning in Python, and learning to develop Android apps.

Robot waifu, here I come!

>Then Brazil is boring
New year is pretty boring.

>Fuck you, Pele is shit
Stay mad hermano

(joking, I don't care about sports)

playing factorio and getting drunk with family desu

T-thanks. I do smoke and usually when I am having a bad time it is helpful.

It is in a really bad environment, I usually trip in the woods and love it. Almost certain this will end poorly but I am sort of a masochist for that shit. Either way it should give me a good story to tell.

Thanks for the advice, it seems really helpful

Sitting at my store full of friends, watching them play MtG while trying to avoid the people who aren't my friends and are fucking useless but to kick them out would ruin the store.

Shit post from my phone, slowly give up as people from the other side of the shop cackle at cards against humanity at things that still offend them.

Fuck small towns. Happy New Years.

>be me
>go to friend house
>bring my bro and his gf
>get drunk
>friend gets mad cuz he doesn't drink as much as we do
>head to party club cuz we get wasted in his house and we want some hype
>bro gets so drunk he can't walk home by himself
> I & his gf get him home
>I should get back to the club cuz friends are waiting for me
>in bed wasted trying to write this shit
>can't get up
> ayy lmao rip new year party
>feelsbadman.jpg but feelsgoodman.jpg cuz i helped my bro out.

driving to wal mart ot get a sheet set and a c02 alarm. why a c02 alarm because the gas furnace was fucking up and my family says 'oh user there's no c02' ya well you fucking retards you wouldn't know if there was besides the negative symptoms that come from it.

i'm a paranoid and i like to feel in control i NEED to know that fucking furnace isn't spewing brain damaging gas god damnit.

AND other then that programming.

Shitposting, most likely.

One of these days a day will come, and it will be sooner than you think, when you will really regret not going out when you could.

I go out. Not just to new years. It's boring and full of poor people.

This. I was afraid for regretting not going out, so I went outside and took a quick peek and then went inside again.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

look's like stained concrete, not tile