ITT: Free Software replacements for cucked (proprietary / nonfree) software

ITT: Free Software replacements for cucked (proprietary / nonfree) software.

To kick it off:

redshift > flux

lmms > FL studio

gimp > photoshop

inb4 shitstorm of people who are too lazy to learn new/superior things

It's okay.
Had issues with the undo multiple times when I tried to replace paint tool SAI with it.
It completely ate two images when I tired to undo something and I had to remake it from scratch.
Not sure if it's patched somewhere along the line but it was a huge pain in the ass.

Running SAI in wine currently.

>This is what Linux users actually believe

Maybe it has to do with the amount of memorie you allow for undo and undo steps. I configures 50 backwards steps and it always worked.

Btw, get the gmic plugin, it's amazing.

There is no possible way a sane person would believe this
But I mean if you're aspiring to be as sane as Richard, maybe it's the right direction

I had the luck to learn editing images in GIMP before I tried Photoshop and IMHO, there wasn't anything where I could say "well GIMP can't do that". The absolute power of GIMP isn't even the GUI; it's the scripting feature that allows you to write any plugin you want.

And you've never used a photoshop plugin or even 80% of the features of Photoshop have you?
I'm sure for your use case they're the same and you might as well just use SAI or even paint, but saying that GIMP is superior to photoshop in terms of capability is just fucking inane

>learn photoshop before Sup Forums memed me into the free world
>Use GIMP
>Constantly find my self saying "well shit, photoshop could do that"

I didn't try everything Photoshop provides, but I guess my real mistake was to start comparing features instead of referring to the real problem, which is that Photoshop is proprietary.

ring > skype

Any other voip/webcam client >>>> Skype

X Server > explorer.exe
LightDM > winlogon.exe

Reddit > Sup Forums

But yet all you who bitch and moan abut "muh freedoms" are still here. On an image board running proprietary and closed source software.

The level of hypocrisy is astounding...

i proudly use proprietary gpu drivers on Linux.

>tfw there's no open source ISO editor

just use compton

calling doesnt work on wifi to 3g/4g. I've tried it just today and even though it works when you're on the same wifi as soon as someone leaves and you try to video call or just a regular call it doesn't work. I hope it will soon.

>colossal sjw infested hugbox

> Gpu drivers
> Compton