Win 8 is vastly inferior to 10 and win 7 is too old-desu ;_;

fpbp and /thread

Windows 2000

Windows ME.

>Win 8 is vastly inferior to 10

other way round, senpai.

win 8.1 is just a better windows 10. it's just windows 7 with a shitty ui

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

It's a worse Windows 10 in every conceivable way.

You people are even more retarded than the luddite faggots who still willingly use Windows XP. You have deluded yourself into thinking that the first-gen version of Windows 10 (basically Windows 10's version of Vista) is better than Vista's 7.

who /gpu passthrough/ here?

>15 replies
>still no "install Gentoo"

It's like I don't know you guys anymore.

Does this actually work for you? When I tried it, I had the following problems:

~20-25% loss in frame rate.
Some games (L4D2 for example) ran at sub 1 FPS.
Some games crashed on start up (Deus Ex Mankind Divided).

What hardware are you using? Any idea what I did wrong?

It's a New Year user :^)

pretty much this. once you ditch windows all together and use GNU+Linux exclusivly, you can go around being a smug asshole like the rest of us.

8.1 is really good actually. And it makes a giant performance difference in certain areas.

But you should just leave windows for any unix based os.

It's Solus now fucker.

That's normal. GNU/Linux dude.

>still shilling windows 10

holy fuck.. get a load of this autistic fuckface

What distro?

Most tutorials show you the "commands" needed for one specific computer build. You will definitely have to play around to get it set up for your specific hardware.

GPU passthrough is really cool stuff, but there won't be any easy way to use it until manufacturers standardize their products.

Windows 7

Aero still looks beautiful and it's extremely stable with all the updates.

Happy New Year, fellow Sup Forumsoobers.

Also, fuck Solus.

Official Microsoft Shill here (I wish, pay me fuckers)

Whats making you downgrade OP? I've been using Microsoft Windows 10 now since it released and never had any major problems, only some smaller ones that are easy to fix, but nothing bad enough to make me want to downgrade

Really now, what made you decide to lose out on Superior DirectX12(tm) Gameplay, Xbox One(r) game support (via the Microsoft Store(tm)) and an overall improved operating system experience? I honestly couldn't think of anything that could force me to give those up.

Arch Linux with an AMD RX 480 as the host card and an NVIDIA GTX 970 as the guest card.

It did technically work, I could play games and see the card from the VM, it just wasn't consistent across games.

Why do I get hard when I install Gentoo?

Privacy.

If they paid their users for the information gathered and sold per hour I may have *some respect for 10 users.

There is no difference besides desktop environment. All of the telemetry etc. was backported to 7 and 8 a long time ago.

It can be permanently disabled in 7 though, right?

Unlikely. Why the fuck would you want to use an OS that you disagree with anyways? Grow up and move on.

It's pretty easy to disable the worst of their privacy invasive shit though, there's a powershell script someone posted here a while ago I used which seems to work fine, only connections I've seen going out since using it are Windows Update shit

WinUpdate can be a cunt though, Win10 auto installs shit but again that's easy to disable, but then you get an annoying fullscreen popup every once in a while reminding you to install them, but again that can also be disabled too (if you have the autism to find the registry key like I did before anyway..)

So yeah it's a bit of a fixer-upper OS, but so are all Windows versions. Only real difference is Win10 means DX12/WinStore, at the price of needing to run a powershell script after installing/updating, not such a bad tradeoff imo

Also for anyone interested pastebin.com/Uk9BRrRJ is the powershell script I used, make sure to go through it before running though since it might remove things you want to keep (eg it removes IE at line 1221)

Because Gentoo is that sexy.