I've missed all of the CCC 33C3 conference because I was visiting my parents and now that I'm back...

I've missed all of the CCC 33C3 conference because I was visiting my parents and now that I'm back, I've been going through their website and looking at the talks.

There seems to be a lot of bullshit & SJW talks this year. Germans have been infected by SJW/feminism bullshit too.

Anyway, has anyone seen any good 33c3 talks? Which one would you recommend?

Anyway, pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7946-console_hacking_2016
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8344-nintendo_hacking_2016
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7969-shut_up_and_take_my_money
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8314-bootstraping_a_slightly_more_secure_laptop
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7964-where_in_the_world_is_carmen_sandiego
youtube.com/watch?v=sq9chzNVoXg
youtube.com/watch?v=i_9N9UYKCMQ
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7912-spiegelmining_reverse_engineering_von_spiegel-online
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8029-the_ultimate_game_boy_talk.
misc.name/coastermelt
youtube.com/watch?v=bYviBstTUwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>this year
C3 conferences have been absolute bottom tier trash for a while now.

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7946-console_hacking_2016

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8344-nintendo_hacking_2016

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7969-shut_up_and_take_my_money

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8314-bootstraping_a_slightly_more_secure_laptop

Working my way through the english ones, alot of it is stupid trash with no substance or sjw bullshit.

I haven't noticed that much during previous year's conference. I only watched shit that was linked on various sites so didn't check the full schedule. Sad.

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7964-where_in_the_world_is_carmen_sandiego

Forgot one.

Thanks user.

I'll add this one:

>Dissecting modern (3G/4G) cellular modems
youtube.com/watch?v=sq9chzNVoXg

it's bretty good.

Watched a decent one yesterday on reverse engineering the LoRa PHY:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_9N9UYKCMQ

Well presented and technically detailed, recommend to anyone interested in long range/low power radio communication for embedded/IoT.

The one on getting women into tech with papercraft is wortth a watch. Thia year was pretty weak though

>getting women into tech with papercraft is wortth a watch

Its literally the only new thing that this year had. Everything else was a rehash.

pretty sure they had vapid trash last year too.

>media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7969-shut_up_and_take_my_money
this one was fucking great!

if you know how to german, then this one is pretty fucking nice, too:
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7912-spiegelmining_reverse_engineering_von_spiegel-online

Not with paper craft

i dont know german, which is a shame because some of those look worth a watch.
watch Carmen sandiego next if you like that, its similar.

>i dont know german, which is a shame
just learn arabic instead. that's what they'll be speaking soon.

>just learn arabic instead. that's what they'll be speaking soon.
LOOOOOL! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

this LoRa one is pretty good, thanks user.

agreed. nice talk.

I really like the one on Pegasus malware.

Take a look and the "cable tv encryption breaking" one. Its very nice.

Provides great insight into chip decap, delayering and ram pickup processes.

Nintendo hacking one was pretty good, PS4 one was decent at the start but got pretty tiring fast.

Probably because the PS4 talk was mostly the same as last year ("hey guys look at our linux on PS4 progress!"), instead of talking about actual hacking progress like the Ninty talks were full of.

2bh I was kinda hoping he'd talk about the PS4's security processor a little bit, but the only mention he gave was "oh yeah the security processor, we just kinda walk around it.. sony security sux lol!"
Pretty stupid statement considering the security processor is only there to secure game titles from piracy/data extraction, and isn't really involved with securing the OS against exploits at all.

Anyway I hope someone does look into that security processor one day, otherwise we'll never be able to do game/OS decryption offline (as in decrypting content on a PC, not by using code on a PS4 to get the SP to do it)

>Provides great insight into chip decap, delayering and ram pickup processes.
that guy was a fucking genius. I wish he provided more detailed steps on how to remove all the layers from chips tho.

>Nintendo hacking one was pretty good,

link?

>PS4 one was decent at the start but got pretty tiring fast.
that guy was super-smart but a bit of an attention whore. but the dude knows his shit and I was in awe. he uses gentoo too.

The neat things about the PS4 one were how they pretty much dissected the hardware to defeat the security and all the insane shit sony did that they had to work around.
It wasn't a fantastic presentation but it was amusing enough to pass along.

My biggest barrier with these videos is finding ones that are interesting and have a speaker that I can listen too for an hour. I cant handle people who are so autistic/nervous that listening to them is painful, which is a shame because the most interesting ones are usually presented by people with no crowd skills whatsoever.

Also, Happy New Year from the East Coast.

Nintendo hacking was garbage, last years was actually good

Yeah, that WHAT was priceless.
>had bootrom time execution hidden since 2015
Fucking moralfags.

Ninty one is in the post at the top, not sure if that's the Wii or the 3DS talk though (or both?)

Yeah they way they did it was pretty cool, started off good when he was talking about dumping the kernel and exploiting it etc, but then he went off talking about all the workarounds they needed to get HDMI/USB/etc working in Linux, which is pretty boring stuff when I was mostly hoping to hear more about the PS4s internals.

>moralfags
This so much, when did the console mod scene turn into these faggots?
I miss the old JTAG days where people shared almost everything ;_;

The ps4 skipped everything though, he just talked about compatibility and "ps4 wa pc ja nai".

Fear of getting sued. Even if you win you lose

They held on to the 3DS stuff too at one point, one of the trio, i cant remember who, was afraid of the whole GeoHot thing with sony.

Eventually their work was expanded on mostly against their wishes and now piracy is fairly simple on 3DS.

Its not really surprising they had the exploits and toolkits for so long, they had talked about how much progress they made but never released anything useful, which was suspicious at the time.

>>media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8344-nintendo_hacking_2016
How do I learn electronics to do this kind of wizardry? I can already code well in C/asm. I wish I understood electronics so I can take one of these devices and completely understand it and reverse it.

Are there any video courses that will turn you into a HW guru?

That's the problem with them being such attention whores, companies can easily track them down if they mess with them.

Meanwhile most of the guys who worked on JTAG/RGH stuff for 360 never really bothered with being well known, same with the original PSJailbreak.

I guess if we want a new exploit we shouldn't look to these guys.

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8314-bootstraping_a_slightly_more_secure_laptop talks about removing stuff from the Intel ME botnet, claims to reduced the firmware from 2MB to 40KB, very neat!

I have no idea, but id like to know myself.
Id like to play with hardware but don't really know where to start, the idea of making hardware do things its not meant to is amusing.
But I know that even with a hundred lifetimes I could never be as good as anyone doing one of these conferences, I think it'd just be fun to play with.

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8029-the_ultimate_game_boy_talk.

This one is actually pretty cool, I skipped it at first because I thought it would be stupid but its really one on the best ones.

misc.name/coastermelt

is pretty awesome, it documents the whole thing.

The banking security one, Jesus christ lmao

CCC talks are always terrible to watch because they keep switching cameras at random. So when the speaker is talking about something in the slides, 90% of the time one can't see what the speaker is talking about.

>Ctrl-F methodisch inkorrekt
>0
not even disappoint, Sup Forums

Are there any conferences worth visiting?

Why should I pay for the travel/accomodations/etc if I can just cherrypick the talks I really want to hear? There were so many talks that I rather listen to at 1.5 times speed and being able to jump to more interesting parts of the talk is really nice. I would have been pissed if I found myself trapped in some of the boring/idiotic talks this year.

The SpiegelMining talk was indeed awesome.

ty user :3

this is a really fucking good talk, heres an english version btw:
youtube.com/watch?v=bYviBstTUwo