Good enough at programming and maths to tell that when matrices are used for the vertex shader in OpenGL...

>good enough at programming and maths to tell that when matrices are used for the vertex shader in OpenGL, it's always done inefficiently and/or mathematically incorrectly
>not good enough to figure out how to do it correctly on my own
Has anyone ever seen a perfect use of a matrix for a vertex shader?
Specifically:
>does not perform multiplications per-object-per-frame that can be done simply per-frame (stuff to do with the camera for example)
>no functions that multiply things backwards, and correct matrix multiplication
>only passes one matrix into the vertex shader, rather than an unnecessary three

I've almost managed to make such a system, but unless orthographic it has a few cases where it renders incorrectly.

I edited the image because it made a janitor butthurt.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!l0tmjBTB!r46uFJAhygZlhxmnen58oMw4nSvnyjAM_rwF0Id8yvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You could just not be a disgusting furfaggot and not post furfaggot shit.

That would have been much easier you detestable cock knobbler.

All my negative reaction images are at least a little bit furry.
I don't know how it ended up like that.

>not recognizing the dickman

You need to pinpoint where the error is being introduced and ensure that calculation always can be redone with maximum accuracy. Have you tried doing three separate stacks for each matrix instead of just using one for world/group/local coords?

Sometimes I think being furry is some masochistic thing where you get off on people hating you so much that they gas entire floors of a hotel with chlorine.

Wasn't that a furry trying to gas other furries?

Stay mad fag

>make thread with furry image
>stays on topic, then gets deleted by a janitor

>make thread with non-furry image
>furry derailing, which will get it deleted by a janitor

It's the projection matrix most likely.
Which is awful, because altering the projection matrix at all causes everything to go horribly wrong.

Sometimes I think being !BE/4wes0mE is some masochistic thing where you get off on people hating you so much that they gas entire floors of a hotel with chlorine.

Not my fault you are mentally ill and get triggered by shit that doesn't matter. Your feelings on the matter don't, and never will.

Im not a furry. I just get triggered by your autismo.

Many such cases!

Why? If you are doing all the transforms from the base matrix properly, the FPE should be minimal and unnoticeable

Its projection and insecurity. You don't hate me, you hate yourself.

mega.nz/#!l0tmjBTB!r46uFJAhygZlhxmnen58oMw4nSvnyjAM_rwF0Id8yvk
It's a WebGL program, controlled with WASD and mouse.

To see the error, move away from the centre so you can see the large object, then have the large object go offscreen.

Tell me what you think of the error.

Where the fuck did you get that conclusion, kek. Says the one who craves attention on an anonmymous image board. I actually love myself and the world.

I just cant fucking stand you. And the guys in /csg/ that fight over being OP.
Please stop using your shit tripcode

Don't argue with the tripfag trying to derail the thread with his anti-furry posting in a non-furry thread, just report.
Arguing will likely get the thread deleted, many janitors are lazy and will delete a thread if people post off topic in it.

I aint downloading that shit, put it in a plunker or jsbin or something

Okay. Will do senpai

Here's a pic of sleepy birb cause I cant help

TITO GET

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

You didnt have to drag your paragraph out. But I appreciate the words.

It's Javascript, it's safe.

>hole

Stopped reading there. Kill yourself, retard.

DICKMAN, BABY!

It's pasta .... Lol

What a lovely pasta

It's pasta lmao

It wasn't me who wrote it, I recognized it

>you get off on people hating you so much
You mean like yourself?

Took me a second to recognise the copypasta. When I did, I must admit I had myself a good little angry tirade. I typically don't find 'Internet copypastas' especially annoying or angering, in fact it took me years to stop appreciating the classic 'Navy SEAL' copypasta. Nonetheless, in today's bitter political climate, I find solace in more traditional forms of humour, a little bit of an injection of real comedy in this world full of 'irony' and 'dankness'. Ironically bad jokes are still bad jokes people - NEWSFLASH. This is a bang up unoriginal job, and I hope to see much, much less of you in the future.

kek

every time

It is hard to tell what is going on here without digging into the engine (I don't have time right now) but this line looks suspect:

gl_Position = vec4(position.xy/position.w, position.z, 1.0);

Why are you not normalizing the z as well? You might want to try using transform feedback to double check your math.

Also, what the fuck is with all the retards in this thread? Take your shit to Sup Forums.

Seems like you're the one projecting, if anything. This isn't 2005; nobody cares if you're a furfag anymore, but people will always (justifiably) hate obnoxious tripfags!

What do you mean by normalising the z?
And the reason I don't do it is because if position.w is dependent on position.z, wouldn't gl_Position.z be a constant if divided by position.w?

good post

Your whole vector is dependent on w. What I think is happening is that you are having depth buffering issues, or the Z values are being computed improperly.

Well, any changes you can suggest that would make it appropriate for me to make gl_Position.w position.w?

MODS MODS

>it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once
Fuck off, Ricky.

nice deer

im only 20 iq pts behind a man (einstein) who debunked the majority of physics by thinking about trains. And seeing as physics deals with true complexity and other science do not, its even more reasonable for a 140 to be able to trash your kind than it was for a 160 to trash physics ;)
if ur iq was above 140 u wouldnt be as butthurt about the concept of a 140 hyp grad lurking this beta barn..
so the logical conclusion is that ur iq is lower than 140 (possibly much lower)
if you met me in real life you would instantly be blown into a world where all that mattered was getting me to acknowledge your existence and even hopefully be your friend... But i would probably find you to be a desperately uninteresting person and want you to exit my awareness as fast as possible.
the fact that i dont lie about my iq is what gives me the edge necessary to call you an inferior little girl who couldnt understand basic physics, and BE RIGHT ABOUT IT.
honestly if i woke up one morning and for some reason my thinking capacity had devolved to your level, it would take me less than 5 min to run to the kitchen and slit my throat...
maybe your going to tell me u work at goldman..
but ud still be way inferior, as is anybody who projects their iq to be higher than it is..
maybe thats the point, inferiorboy ;)

Can we please get a janitor in this thread?
It's mostly shitposting and off-topic arguments.

>thread ruined by furry haters getting triggered over literally nothing
I got Orangina in my captcha though

It's

>only passes one matrix into the vertex shader, rather than an unnecessary three

So you do the actual multiplication on the CPU rather than the GPU?