Are there any decent Macbook Air alternatives that don't use a fucking touchscreen?

Are there any decent Macbook Air alternatives that don't use a fucking touchscreen?

I'm not interested in this retarded gimmick, and I can't understand why it's so difficult to find a decent ultrabook that doesn't include this crap.

Does anyone else know this feel?

Quit being an autistic and don't use the touchscreen.

/Thread

>complaining about autism
>on Sup Forums

There is no reason for touchscreens. It makes the screen thicker, heavier, and comes with no benefit. Why should Apple be the only ones sensible enough to exclude something so gimmicky and useless?

Dell XPS matte screen version

This

I like the touch screens
I don't understand the issue

Unironically Acer swift 3... Nicely built full metal chassis, 14" matte FHD screen, 11h battery, backlight keyboard, decent i5 babylake processor, light as feather and the price is more than reasonable... Using one for almost a month and a half, extremely comfy...

Xoaimi? 13"

Shieeet

Of course YOU wouldn't understand!

How can Apple even compete?

With a shitty OS that keeps breaking almost every day

Touch screens are always glossy as fuck

Macbook 12
successor of Macbook Air

It's not a gimmick you autist, using the touch screen is the superior input method every time you use your laptop anywhere that isn't a desk, and if you only use your laptop at your desk then you're better off with getting a desktop

I don't understand the issue. Are you using software that doesn't let you simply turn off the touchscreen? Because that sounds like malware to me...

pls

This. Matte is superior to gloss. Hence why touchscreens are inferior to regular screens. Fact.

The new netbook thing from asus has a great bios for installing linux and all drivers in the kernel in arch. Glossy screen is eh, but makes great colours, only has one usb-c but comes with a free dongle?

Glossy is GREAT in dark environments, but are absolutely shit in bright environments. But yeah, most environments aren't dark, so you'll get a better average experience. Unless you live in your moms basement. In the dark. On Sup Forums

>Unless you live in your moms basement. In the dark
So you're saying that people who defend touchscreens on laptops are nolife losers?

I'll give you a free dongle, if you catch my drift.

Oh yeah, all those use cases where I can't use the keyboard

got this fucker last week, was afraid due to dell's notoriouly bad quality control (malfunctioning touchpads, flickering screens, loud coil whine). got no issues whatsoever, put a DOPE dbrand skin on it and it's a slick looking little fucker, well recommended

just buy a used/refurbished fagbook air. Optional: install Windows/gahnoo+loonix one it.

What are you planning to do with your laptop? If mostly internet browsing the Acer Chromebook 14 is not too bad.

The worst thing about the touch screen laptop meme is that the screen's coating has to be more oleophobic than antiglare, making the fuckers like mirrors.

It's crazy. Sit your typical glossy touchscreen laptop next to a 2015 or 2016 Macbook Pro some time; the MBP has a very mild reflection while the touchscreen laptop will blind you with the glare.

Touch might be handy like 3 times a year but it's not so good as to sacrifice glare reduction, sorry.

Glossy is actually much more readable in direct sunlight, because it just reflects the light somewhere (Ideally not your eyes) instead of diffusing the light so much that even with strong backlight the sun is stronger. You can even use a glossy one without backlight at all. The only situation in which matter is superior is with a bright room and no direct light on the screen. Don't get me wrong, this is a very valid usecase, but don't say glossy is worse in anything but pitch blackness