Name a card more powerful for $220

name a card more powerful for $220
>you can't

It's a great card. Sad that there are only four gigabytes of vram though.

Here the 1070 costs ~500€, so a tad less performance and a great price cut makes it an extremely great deal.

However, AMD seems to be pulling some shady shit recently. Disabling Async on GCN 1.x cards while they still sold them 6 months ago, and not giving the Furies those new VR techs is just stupid as fuck from them. They haven't got a big enough market share to pull Jewish tricks.

my 250$ amazon gift card is more powerful than your shit tier card.

Why don't you just take the leap and kill yourself? No one will miss you.

>Sad that there are only four gigabytes of vram though.
At least it's HBM.

only for you all of it worked on my r9 290 like a week ago i just got a rx 480 so now i know for sure it works.
I kinda wish i got one, but that max power draw and only 4gb of VRAM kinda killed it for me desu. SO i got a RX 480 8gb for $200 at my local microcenter
AMAZON YOU SAY

truth hurts doesn't it

>mfw 1440p max settings with freesync

Nvidia GTX 1080.
I'll take my $220 now please

Implying that matters. Textures are becoming more high resolution and well games are starting to use more VRAM

>2gb is all you ever need, stupid AMD putting 3gb on tahiti.

>3gb is all you ever need, stupid AMD putting 4gb on hawaii.

>4gb is all you ever need, stupid AMD putting 8gb on hawaii rebrand.

>4gb isn't enough! stupid AMD for only putting 4gb on fiji.

>6gb is all you ever need, stupid AMD putting 8gb on polaris.

Been enjoying mine for the past month and some change.
Been running through some of my older games I still have installed just to see what kind of a difference it would make compared to my outgoing 270x. Obviously it was massive.

In short, every single game I've given a go with this card exceeds 60fps at 1080p with everything maxed. And I don't mean "maxed 60fps" like 750ti shitters used to claim where in reality it's set to high with some things turned to medium with fxaa.
I mean all the dumb, worthless bullshit settings at whatever their relative maximum level is, except for >4xmsaa/2xssaa. Reducing meme settings that you don't care as much about can get it north of 120, but the meme settings are what it's all about muh frends.
Otherwise it can run the likes of witcher 3 ultra on 4k at 30 fps with hairworks on (limited to 8x tessellation) and aa enabled because why the fuck not it made like a 1-2fps difference.
And i was able to get 60fps out of witcher 2 on ultra at 4k.
I've tried some others but sadly my shitty 8320 holds the card back quite a lot, the most profound being gta v where I get the same performance as i did with my 270x.
But yeah, the 4gb of hbm has been a nonissue, even in shadows of mordor which has been the goto example of a game exceeding 4gb at 1080p since the 290x days.

I bought my 390 for 220$

Should I buy one now or wait for ATI's Vega architecture to be released?

kek

But Vega is not introduced yet. Wait a few days, and you will be right.

buy it now or wait if you can't be bothered to sell it when vega comes out.

4GB of HBM is basically faster than 8GB of GDDR5 in terms of throughput

Throughput sure, but there is no magic to get around capacity. AMD hand tunes profiles in their driver for fiji to more effeciently manage vram storage and flushing but if a piece of software wants more than 4gb of vram there is no AMD can do to overcome this.

Its why for vidya fiji hasn't really suffered from its capacity.

What about on-the-fly compression?

That exists to ease bandwidth constraints.