And 10 years later it still hasn't recovered

Other urls found in this thread:

emailclientmarketshare.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think Twitter is a problem

To be honest none of this would be a problem if herd mentality and being a consumerist whore wasn't hereditary in Americans

end your life twitter scum

Any more images like this? They make me feel good about myself because I feel validated from wasting time on this website 8 years ago, but now normies invade my personal space (my secret edgy internet boards) and I can't handle it cuz im a huge fucking faggot.

thnx

nice post friend mind if i borrow it?

>yuropoors
>not sheeple

You are even worse because you don't even create the trends that you follow.

t. butthurt americuck

You're projecting

If you honestly believe Europe isn't full of trend mindless people, then you don't understand how the EU works it meme magic.

>2007 was 10 years ago
What the fuck

It's also the year phone browsing the internet started o become a general public thing.

Twitter is a problem because it gives people a place to express their shitty opinions and actually being applauded for it.

Why are you two even arguing? Most of the first world is filled with sheep.

What do you miss most about 2007 internet?

Good content is still out there, you just have to dig further for it.

2007 really was the beginning of the end for hardware though, and it was 100% Apples fault.

You weren't alive yet.

>Internet a problem
I think you mean the tools that use it user.

It's not exactly about 2007 Internet, but back then things felt a little more novel.

I was 10. I'd spend afternoon after afternoon looking for urban legends(the term "creepypasta" became popular later) to read, in my grandfather's office. It was all new and a lot of it was decent enough.

I used to browse a PSP/PS3 forum called PS-News. It was Portuguese, and I met a few people through it. Reading new threads almost every day was doable, and it was pretty interesting to me.

Now there's nothing very interesting to do online. People flock to fagbook, Twitter, etc., and don't really participate in forums, BBSes, etc. Not that I did much of that myself back in the day, but I did like reading stuff.

>Now there's nothing very interesting to do online.
this. i'm only browsing Sup Forums, lurking on irc and pirating movies and shows from the bay. the internet became like tv, uninteresting and catering to consumerist normies.

>but back then things felt a little more novel.
It's not really the Internet that's changed...it's you. I feel the same way about the early 2000s/90s Internet. There are people out there that feel the same way about pre-Web Usenet, people who feel the same way about going on BBSs in the 70s/80s.

Ten years from now, Gen Z kids will be complaining about how great the Internet was in 2016 and how they miss the days of Facebook and Twitter.

the internet wasn't kill yet. that was some years later after android flooded the market. now every retard with 20 dollars can find a wireless hotspot, spread their cancer and and meep into the echo chamber.

But that's wrong. People had interesting things to say sometimes before the internet fell into the hands of a small group of giant companies.

Now it's all virtue signalling on social media.

Oh please, people said the same thing back in the early 90s with the rise of AOL.

>Oh please,

Who the fuck talks like that?

Who doesn't?

>1st Generation iPhone launches, allowing idiots easy access to the internet
Unlikely. EDGE/GPRS was shit for pretty much everyone.

>the internet wasn't kill yet.
The internet doesn't die and will never die - it just changes. The last great change was the move from dial-up to an always-on broadband line. There has always been a vast majority of idiots shouting their otherwise retarded thoughts down into the well, that number has just increased alongside the number of devices on the global network.

>iPhone
it certainly wasn't the first. Really, the internet access on that wasn't 'easy' - EDGE is terrible.
>Sup Forums
One of the reasons internet *actually* went for shit.
>big bang theory
not the first one
>tumblr
was a neat blogservice until 2010s
>facebook
didn't that happen in 2006
>twitter
just a blogservice

Oh here we go, yet another one of these shit nostalgia circlejerks.

-you never used those services, you never will.

-you do NOT get to tell everyone how to run the internet just because you showed up first and jerked off on some smelly irc or bbs channel.

-complaining about it does not change anything.

-Nostalgia is cancer, you only remove the bad things and focus on the good that happened to you.

-Everyone thinks the year something went to shit is whenever they were about 15. We see 1990, 1993, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2007, 2009, 2012 all the time, there is no specific year.

Best time for the internet is right now.

t. Reddit

Oh no nobody participates in forums or bbses anymore! Why ever is that true?

Reason why: Forum and BBS admin doesn't give a shit about the topic anymore and hasn't for a decade and bans everyone for pointless reasons. Memes and circlejerks start based on wrong information and if you don't go with the grain you're banned or ostracized, sometimes before you even have a chance to notice the pattern.

Consolidation of the web was the best possible thing to happen because it allows for more true free speech, while turbo dropout minimum wage forum admins are still banning people.

Consolidation = democracy
Forum/BBS = totalitarianism

>It's not really the Internet that's changed

Yes it has, bigly.

I don't think i particularly miss anything. I only miss what i was capable of experiencing back then.

I find internet today is the nearly the same as 10 years ago for any lurker and poster when it comes to a desktop/laptop user fixed in place using either wired or wireless connection.

But now you have more convenient services that use the internet. Except that many could've been up back then, like streaming 1080p video. Since i didn't live in the third world, my connection and hardware could've handled it fine. It's like applications were lagging behind the available bandwidth and hardware until somewhere around 2010.

It tells you a lot when pirating became vastly more practical way to gain access to music, film than any legal way since 2000 up to 2010 or so.

What sites does Microsoft host?

Hotmail, Skype

But people don't really visit the Hotmail or Skype websites. There's no Skype web client (Skype for Business being an exception, but nobody uses that) and very few people use Hotmail, source: emailclientmarketshare.com/

I thought "site" meant "website" not "application".

>being a consumerist is an American thing

I see a higher marketshare than yahoo yet you didn't ask me which sites they host

Not that guy but he's right.

web.skype.com

these threads really are shit because the average participant really is still mentally living in 2007

See where? The source I posted only has Microsoft-related applications.

Also Yahoo owns Tumblr so go figure.

Yahoo Mail being 2% and Outlook.com 5%

I guess Microsoft probably also owns a lot of stuff

Eurocucks

Gosh, you silly goose!

>2007
>easy access to the internet
guarantee that guy wasn't around in the early 90's

first iphone didn't even have 3g and wifi hotspots weren't as common

>because it gives people a place to express their shitty opinions and actually being applauded for it

Spotted the cia nigger, cause freedom of speech is wrong, right?

I hope Terry runs you over faggot.

Sup Forums is chock full of shitty "admins" whose solution to board or forum moderation would be to ban everyone who doesn't go along with the progressively more retarded or extremist grain of whatever stupid shit they happen to believe at the time. This kind of severe, ocean tilting autism is more like if the personality of the board were a teenage girl, not the ye-olde knowledgeable beard they are trying to make themselves out to be.

If this 80s and 90s model had continued, every topic would be long past dead as they've already "heard it all" and just ban on sight everything until one day they decide it would be easier to make it invite only. If you forced this model for new sites then it would happen within years or even months of making the site and you'd have to migrate on a per-topic basis for whatever you want to talk about every 3-4 months because yet another site you were part of exploded into circlejerking. The internet would be a series of gay little gated communities all jerking each other off and information would be dead.

Thankfully unlike the average usenet red faced minimum wage burger flipper dipshit would tell you, they didn't get a golden badge to dictate how it should all be run because they happened to show up first.

Consolidation took off because admin faglords made their own sites shit. "normie" or not, everyone knows this anytime they ask themselves why they've never gone back.

Utter BS, the Internet culture died when web 2.0 arrived. It's only going to get worse with web 3.0

Less restrictions and shit to circumvent. Less normalfags spreading their shit around.

MSN
Bing
Outlook

Web pages that were under 50MB.

I love how you faggots constantly bitch about the modern internet, but whenever I make a thread to get a bbs server going no-one gives a shit.
Stop being contrarian faggots and admit you like modern tech

Why is this a problem? Nobody is forcing people to use these sites. Why do you care so much about what other people do on the internet

The community was better, not the tech.

I love wikis

>I love wikis
Ok actually kill yourself

I keep trying to tell you, BBS and the forum model are all circlejerks, ignorant of everything else but especially each other.

It's
>you know what, FUCK this forum, imma go make my own!
repeated every 20 posts and then there's 100 "communities" with 5 people each.

In 5 more years, forum software packages are going to come built in with mass banning features right off the bat so you and your friends can stay retarded on purpose.

The only reason you would be upset by that image is if you meet any of that criteria, in which case, you don't belong here

>says the burger who's country is home to "The Mall of America"

People with basic English capacity

>nuff said
whoever made this is a faggot in their own right

In 2007 the iPhone was just an ultra-expensive novelty, locked to one carrier and with no ability to install any apps. The only people with one were basically Apple fanboys and the wealthy looking to show off status. People forget that it took more than a year for normies to give a shit about the iPhone.