Other than
>muh free feet cheese
why do people use vp9/webmeme?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentz2.eu/search?f=x265
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOMedia_Video_1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Open_Media#Members
idope.se/torrent/h/6fe707ae1a154bdec0d0465411fbf3e676bf0a82/
btsone.cc/suicide-squad-extended-720p-bluray-x265-hevc-850mb-shaanig-tf5435877.html
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/133130
twitter.com/AnonBabble

proof

Freetards gonna tard.

if torrents are anything to go by (and they ALWAYS are), everyone is using x265/h265 to upload rips (previous to that they were using x264 exclusively)

vp9 doesn't matter

>everyone is using x265/h265 to upload rips

lol no

lol yes

torrentz2.eu/search?f=x265

you lose

I haven't seen anyone download videos in forever.
Why don't you just stream low quality video on your 4k screen like the normies do.

VP8 and H265 are considered different "generations" of video codecs.
You should really be comparing VP9 to H265.
But really, fuck that shit and get hyped for AV1.

>curry public trackers

hahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol are public trackers only for 'pajeets'? i've heard it all now. the fucking alt-right has pervaded to the point where private trackers are now a white only thing. wow. fucking wow. the white race is finished. trump is the herald of the end.
i think he probably intended it as vp9 vs h265

never heard of av1, will check it out.

yes sir the x265 rippings are very good sir, pls download and good seed

may vishnu bless your good heart sirs!

>almost 15 times more x264
Okay kid

H265 is slower than H264 to encode and it's not transparent at the same CRF.

AV-1 will blow the fuck out of H265 next year, H265 royalty payments are too expensive + Daala is a more efficient algorithm.

that's orthogonal to the point i was making you fucking retard. this is vp9 vs h265, not h264. i already said we used x264 before x265. dumb cunt.
good enough for me. i watched a 400mb rip of conan the barbarian yesterday, a 2hr-plus film, and it was clear.
can you post examples of av1 and how it btfos x265? i'm genuinely curious because i've never heard about it before.

Indian and Pakistani ips are frequently blacklisted by private trackers.

>can you post examples of av1 and how it btfos x265?
It's still in development. The wikipedia page has a decent explanation though:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOMedia_Video_1

>can you post examples of av1 and how it btfos x265? i'm genuinely curious because i've never heard about it before.

H.265 is simply too expensive to licence. AV-1 will gain traction because it's supported by a ton of big players in tech and media.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Open_Media#Members

From what I've been reading on doom9, AV-1 has implemented some parts of Daala which promises to beat H265 efficiency. AV-1 should be finalised early this year and AV-1 should come to software and maybe some hardware by the end of the year.

(You) Don't use anything because you're a nocturnal animal digging through trash. (They) will continue using h264 until some other codec has better support.

Only retards use private trackers anyway, not like there's anything relevant on them that you can't also find on a public tracker. Between tpb and nyaa, I can get literally everything I would ever want to watch. That's just two public trackers.

>I can get literally everything I would ever want to watch

Enjoy downloading your bitstaved encodes with shitty 80kbps audio.

my mobile has had support for x265/h265 since 2014 which is when I bought it, not sure what point you're making, other than proving that private tracker faggots are retards who need to feel a superiority complex over something so trivial as getting accepted into a sekrit club
except there is literally no noticeable difference between these rips and any shit you can get in your sekrit club

I usually watch tv shows so here's a few examples of what quality i get, check it out and tell me that's not perfectly acceptable. of course a fuckwit tryhard will find faults but most people here will not see any difference

latest ep of vikings

idope.se/torrent/h/6fe707ae1a154bdec0d0465411fbf3e676bf0a82/

suicide squad 720p (shit film but perfect crisp quality)

btsone.cc/suicide-squad-extended-720p-bluray-x265-hevc-850mb-shaanig-tf5435877.html

>of course a fuckwit tryhard will find faults but most people here will not see any difference

Depends what you're playing it on, if it's a shitty 1366x768 screen and laptop speakers, yeah, you're not going to notice.

I have a decent AV setup so there's a noticeable difference.

How does it feel like having pleb taste?

>lol are public trackers only for 'pajeets'? i've heard it all now. the fucking alt-right has pervaded to the point where private trackers are now a white only thing. wow. fucking wow. the white race is finished. trump is the herald of the end.

The game is over when most new smart phones have hardware AV-1 decoding.

x264
>2 seconds to encode
>104 kB

proof

You little shit. Now I want to watch RE:D again.
New RE animation, fucking when?

>capeshit
>850 MB HEVC for a two hour movie is "perfect crisp quality"
I'm not surprised that you feel that you can get everything you need from public trackers.

It will be over when the next-gen Blu-ray or the broadcasting industry decides to use it

The default settings for webm encoding are fucking shit

silly thats a VLC media file not an webm file thats where you messed up, you silly goose

It was, though. You sound mad that it's possible.

Computer science, motherfucker.

It's physically possible, but it's not currently attainable.

What do you mean? That I didn't watch Suicide Squad in perfect HD quality? Because I did, user. I know it makes you sad that it's possible to get a clear full-length 720p (my laptop is old and I don't upgrade unless shit breaks) HD rip in 850MB, and that makes me happy.

You watched Suicide Squad in what you perceived as "perfect HD quality" because your standards are very low, you suffer from some kind of eyesight and/or hearing deficiency, or you watched it on a 1366x768 laptop with built-in speakers.

>or you watched it on a 1366x768 laptop with built-in speakers
That's what I alluded to, genius. But yeah, it's good enough, I don't need to watch everything in 4k, I travel a lot and take my laptop with me and so I can't be too fussy.
As long as I can get a clear idea of what is going on in the film and hear it clearly, then that's good enough for me, and for the vast majority of people who torrent.

meant for

So you concede that there is a perceptible difference in quality between your 850 MB rip and one with a higher bitrate? If your standards are low and your equipment is poor, that's fine, but don't come here and pretend you're watching it in "perfect crisp quality" and that no one can tell the difference.

I'm saying it's way more than good enough for the vast majority of people who want a decent rip.
Hell, you get a lot of people downloading telesyncs and camrips just because they don't give enough of a shit about having everything set to maximum-definition/highest-fucking-bitrate-possible like you and dipshits like you. I guess it's not important enough for me that I obsess over autistic crap like the high bitrates that you care about that you will go out and spend actual money on autist-tier equipment.

Btw I know there is a difference, but it's not big enough for me to give a fuck about, that's the gist of what I'm saying.

If anything better than a laptop is "autist-tier equipment" to you, then carry on.

I can watch the garbage quality rips as well, but why do so when something with much better quality takes five minutes to download?

It's just how you obsess over detail and shit like that. That is actual literal autism.

So if you prefer a Blu-ray to a DVD, or a DVD to a VHS, you have autism?

No one is comparing DVD to BR or VHS to DVD, we're saying it's autism when you obsess over differing levels of HD quality rips. Like when you insist on 4K shit when 720p is available.
1080p for me is fine. Anything more is just a waste of time and space.

not all "1080p" encodes are the same

create your own digital empire and force your favorite format on everyone, then get back to me.

On decent equipment (not a shit laptop), there is a very noticeable difference between an 800 MB rip and a 5 GB rip. Preferring the better quality one is not autism. I'll watch SD too if nothing else is available.

who is the semen demon?

>I guess it's not important enough for me that I obsess over autistic crap like the high bitrates that you care about

It was "perfect crisp quality", though. You sound mad that it's possible.

user, what the fuck are you on.

Some 576p encodes are better than some 1080p encodes

Subhuman tracker plebs only see the resolution and barely even know the word bitrate.

public tracker plebs*

Show me an example where bitrate makes a noticeable difference at the same resolution

Because we ain't normies. Now GTFO

The head to head comparison of VP9 vs h265 isn't really fair, VP9 is just a stop gap before AV1 comes out, which is the true competitor to h265, and we have no real idea what encode times will look like with that.

Try encoding something with CRF 30 and compare it to CRF 10. Same resolution, different bitrate.

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/133130

>Daala which promises to beat H265 efficiency

uhh those parts are not central to Daala's approach. AV1 still follows the same moton prediction base that has been laid back in the late 80s.

Will av1 be better than h265?

Except it won't. H264 is only starting to pick up with broadcast recording. H265 is nowhere in sight. A lot of programming is still delivered in MPEG2. Broadcast corpos have their money invested in H265 and they are going to milk it. AV1 will stay a net thing only. Just like VP9 and VP8.

That's not important. It will be used because it has support, is backed by corpos and has no tarrifs.

@58269862
>encodes in VP8
>no specs
>encodes in H265
>no specs
>compares only file size
>blames VP9
Is this analogous to nvidiots and their benchmarks?

shoo phoneposter

what CPU?
lemme guess: intel with avx
now you can learn a few things about encoding and hardware
profit: specialized hardware for webm encoding exists too

I had to check this out and yeah, the quality is amazing for 850MB

@58273810
>calls me a phoneposter
>makes a shorter uncapitalized post
LMFAO nvidiots are so easily butthurt!

Took that long to type all that shit and get an image off google on your shitty virtual keyboard?

>2017
>watching encodes

You don't have 500MB FTTH or something?

@58274623
No, but you sure are salty when you don't get any (You). :^)