>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7gs6CS88NtQ
dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/Details.aspx?prod=01889818
reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2vhjh8/cherry_blue_switches_not_ideal_for_cs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tkl realforce rgb WHEN?

Probably never. Just get the fullsize?

This would be a dream

They can keep their fucking RGB for all I care. Just give me MX-compatible stems that aren't scratchier than a piece of sandpaper.

ugh, those f and j keys

Well the realforce RGB is selling like shit so I don't think so, but maybe if they designed a better looking keyboard then maybe it would sell. Whats the point of paying $260+ if you are going to get worse build quality then a $100 cherry mx board.

They sold out in two days. They're back in stock now though.

The build quality on mine isn't poor.

Should I go for it though?

Any software that lets you remap keys?

I use sharpkeys

Autohotkey.

Just bought a G601 red as my first mech, how much did I get memed?

G610*

How much was it? Gamer shit typically isn't worth it, and reds are linear switches which is pointless IMO. you want browns or clears, something tactile

90CAD, wanted something like blues without the click

That's not terrible for what you're getting, though I can't remember what switches they actually use in those boards. Afaik they aren't cherry

I bought a Cherry MX Blue keyboard once. It was awful.

>retarded key register point so a lot of double letters would occur
>retarded key reset point so pressing a key many times would just register as one press because you need to lift the finger all the fucking way for it to reset

Would a Cherry MX Red keyboard be better?

I have Brown switches, and I have no issues with pressing the same key multiple times.

Browns or clears, friend. red is a meme switch

I love my brown keyboard, but I do tend to bottom keys out too much. I think clear would be a better fit, but I have no way to test it

Clears take a lot of force to activate, too much for me.
They do help to prevent bottom-outs.

Matter of preference I guess. I have no problems with blues. Even for gaming.

Carbon when?

After Yuri.

Yuri when?

Soon™. Though I'm more hype for this to become available to be honest:

deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html

>retarded key register point so a lot of double letters would occur
>retarded key reset point so pressing a key many times would just register as one press because you need to lift the finger all the fucking way for it to reset

are you sure you're not just retarded?
I really want to see a video or something of how someone can fuck up using a keyboard with blue switches.

I've never heard of the first point. The second point is a common complaint of blue switches, however.

cherry blue switches are poorly designed in the first place. It took them two attempts to get it passable and even then it still has reset problems that are still common. My keyboard was brand new with blues and it had issues resetting on two of the keys.

I've heard the second complaint before, but I genuinely don't understand how the fuck they're typing or playing games to get that to happen.

why are these things so fucking loud?

They don't have to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=7gs6CS88NtQ

because you're too dumb to google how to make them quieter.

Honestly, it depends on how you type.
Reds are basically silent if you type softly and don't bottom out.

You'll even end up typing faster too, because it takes less time to trigger a keypress.

just get a keyboard with matias qc since those are even quieter then rubber domes

So I got a Corsair Strafe can I get custom keys for it

don't think so

>on two of the keys.
That would be a defective keyboard then.

I'm using some cheap knockoff blues and they're working fine even.

What is the best place to sell a stack of unused Model M and M-13 keyboards? eBay? I have seven of them.

Sell them here, senpai!

don't forget to buy some of the best lube on the market
I'm going to buy some for my 2 y/o HHKB to make it even quieter.
It's the JP version so the spacebar isn't even that bad but I would love to type on lubed Topre.

wouldn't the lube just trap all of my hotpocket crumbs?

probably ebay if you're looking to get the most for them.

Depends where you lube it. If the lube does not come in contact with the crumbs, like it would with pic related, no issue.
The guy at mechblog.org did not do pic related, but it's the most popular way to lube a HHKB.
This is what he said:
>I later opened up the Type-S all over again, re-lubed the slider rails, but this time lubed the plunger tubes themselves too. This method after doing some research seemed to be less popular than just lubing the slider rails, but I found it to be much more effective. This used pretty much a whole tube of the GH lube both re-lubing the slider rails and lubing all of the stems. After trying this out it was a much more noticeable change. It’s worth noting to anyone thinking about doing this, that lubing does take away from some of the tactility and snappiness of stock Topre, but this is to be expected and a preference in terms of if it feels better or worse. The board was much quieter than before with the plungers lubed and it has in fact almost completely cured the whistling issue. I can’t hear the whistling at all whilst typing on the board anymore which is great, but 2-3 of the keys that were the biggest offenders before when just pressing them alone I can still hear it, but obviously much quieter than before.

Deksthority is an excellent place, but you could also sell them on eBay or Reddit. Why not sell them here? Some one once tried to sell his shine 3 here, but he decided to keep it.

Molykote 44 is far superior.
dowcorning.com/applications/search/products/Details.aspx?prod=01889818

Hi I use membrane gayming keyboard and I was looking for something different to try.

What do you think about Bloody B740A
It is just 70$ here [in time of older reviews it was 180$]

It is too flashy and ugly but I do not really look on my keyboard anyway

I was just curious about the switch quality.

They claim they last 100million clicks.

Is this bait? It looks like absolute trash. What the fuck is even a "Infrared Optic Shaft"? Is that what they call their cheap chink shit?

might as well just buy that anolog keyboard if you want an IR switch

>2Corsair Gaming Strafe Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Yeah I know it's gaymur shit but I'm thinking of picking this up cause it's relatively cheap right now and I don't have a whole lot of canuckbux to spend.
I was reading the FAQ though and the thing about buying keycap sets makes me a bit worried to pull the trigger as eventually it would be nice to swap them out with something a bit nicer. Is it worth it for 90 leafs? If I do get it I'll probably get the version with MX Browns

If you want 100 million key presses then get a model F for like 5 bucks at goodwill. Its also much better built then that hunk of junk

Everything new is not bad,maybe this is the future.

has anyone bought keycaps from alibaba? how are they?
i wanted to make a combination of orange and white so i might end up buying 2 sets of orange and white. and based on the pictures, most of the reds actually look like dark orange and most orange looks too light?

if you're gonna spend 90 on that keyboard might as well spend the extra 10-30 for a proper mech keyboard that will be 100% better

damn dude you better get that
look at that 0.7mm difference
I bet that's why my KDR is negative on everything I play, I need an optic gaming switch

1.5mm lol what razer trash is that
even topre, alps, and cherry have a lower actuation distance and are much more responsive

What does this offer over Topre?

rip forgot to quoute

I bet you do,but i m 1. in scoreboard every match with my membrane 20$ kb.

Mouse is little more important tho i reccomend canon tyrant it is 10$ with super-b sensor
improved my score by 20kills/round

good luck finding a model f at the goodwill. Basically every keyboard there is just a piece of shit membrane keyboard that came with whatever prebuilt garbage the person bought.

Except being 200$ cheaper?
I m not sure because I have own none of them.
I guess it is simpler to DIY one
because you do not have to be skilled at welding

Look guys watch me go into a thread about autism over how people spend hundreds of dollars to get keyboard keys that feel different and point out their autism.

You won't be able to change the keycaps, so you're stuck with the shitty stock ones with edgy fonts. I'd either get something cheaper without LEDs or spend a bit more for full on RGB or whatever on a better keyboard with a standard layout.

if actuation distance is so important to you then Leopold has silver switches at 1.2mm, or get a topre with variable actuation distance between 1.2 to 5mm

>proper
What does that mean?

You'd be surprised by what you find at thrift stores and on craigslist

>$80

yeah for him is 5 and 80$ the same
also new=old for him too
he is probably time traveling billionaire

Has anyone tried speeds? Are they identical to reds aside from the travel and actuation distance?

user, there is a variant of those LogiMeme boards without the Romer-G. The switches are on either brown or blue.

Serious question, with all the autism over actuation, reset, travel distance, etc.
Are there actually any real world differences between this shit? Do you actually benefit at all from having to press a key .1mm shorter distance?
I type just as fast with a model m as I do with blues or red or whatever other mechanical switches.

No, it's just a marketing meme so they can sell their cheaper shit for more money for easily impressionable gamers.

You not just get a filco or leopold with those switches instead of that gaudy keyboard

>fast
speed is not a reason for liking mechanical keyboards. this is about how it feels when typing.
you should know, you own a model m

ortholinear keyboards are a best.

For typing not really. At least assuming you're talking about modern switches. Personally the force required is more important and whether you like it to click or not. Actuation distance doesn't make much of difference to me in this application.

For gaming it makes a huge difference for things you spam to have a short actuation/reset. As for faster response time claims I'm not sure. If it's there I don't notice it on my Realforce RGB set to the lowest. I believe that's the shortest actuation distance keyboard that's available that's not a piece of shit. Now if you fat finger shit you're fucked with short actuation distance/light springs.

Just flip the lights off and it's not gaudy anymore you mongo.

> Not using superior Torgue explosive keyboard

No. I would get a cheaper keyboard and just buy some keycaps.

are you blind? turning off the lights wont change those gaudy keycaps, and good luck finding replacemnets since corsair doesn't use a standard layout

>For gaming it makes a huge difference for things you spam to have a short actuation/reset.
Not really. Your peripherals, assuming they function normally, are never going to hold you back. People that blame the color of their mechanical switches for why they're not pro gamers are just lying to themselves.

basically what this 3rd dude said.
reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2vhjh8/cherry_blue_switches_not_ideal_for_cs/

>tfw keycaps cost more than my keyboard

Why?

Imagine if they included replacements right in the box.

at least they got rid of that tramp stamp

what do you guys think of the HHK Pro 2 Type-S Ultra Mega Desu ?

You'd be wrong.
>linking to reddit
Ya

Peripherals make a huge difference. After a point there is diminishing returns.

It's actually recommended for plastics for one.

>arrow keys have words instead of arrows
>but there are also other, unrelated keys with arrows on them

Its the best keyboard in the whooooole galaxy, maybe even the universe, but only on this plane of existance

are there ISO versions?

Right, sorry, I'm sure your keyboard is holding you back from playing on a professional level. It definitely isn't just because you suck.

It looks like its from a $60 barebones kit, so you could design it however you want

what's with the katakana? do you even カタカナ ?

>ortholinear
>bottom row isn't
Disgusting

Nope. No such thing exists because ISO is only for poor losers

>big keys with no labels
>other keys are labeled but upside down or sideways

non corsair mechanical keyboards, cm quickstorms, ducky, rosewill, etc.

>non corsair
lol ok

Good strawman, champ. We should all just be using some shit dell pack in keyboard. I can do it too!