Is USB type-c a meme?

Is USB type-c a meme?

No

Haven't had any cables die on me yet when I would have had at least one failure with micro USB by now

t. Somebody who has used it for 6 months

wat do u do to ur micro usb cables?

How the hell? My micro USB cable has been used daily for two years and has yet to break.

Nope.

The only people who think it is are retards akin to people who wouldn't accept that the earth is round, or do not believe in the heliocentric model.

how do cables die on you? what the fuck are you doing with them?

The little springy clips inside the plug fail and get stuck inside the plug, therefore it doesn't hold the cable in position correctly.

Said clips last 12 months at best, 3 months or less at worst. After that cable is unusable and goes in the trash

That's by design, micro usb wears out the cable before the port on the device

Right now it is kind of a meme, but as more manufacturers adopt it, it will become the real deal, I'm looking forward to it.

>"is x a meme"

What the fuck is this shit?

Perhaps
My new phone has a USB c connector port
Really handy not having to plug it in a certain way
What other benefits does it claim over standard micro USB? Bandwidth?

>Connection type and cable quality is the same thing

a meme

>It's a featureĀ®

A meme is something that ads literally no value. USB C has some really good advantages over the other USB standards, and hopefully the industry catches on quickly

I've gone through several micro usb cables for phones, thankfully my new phone is usb type C

Muuuch faster.

I look forward to the day we start seeing MIDI instruments and thumb drives using USB-C. That day will be glorious because it means we can finally rid ourselves of USB type A altogether.

I want to see USB-C take over everything t.b.h.

that day will be full of lag, long latency and regret.

Theoretical 10GBPs speed

>be me
>use micro USB cables for years
>never have an issue
>designers get bored
>come up with another useless standard

They have some pretty cool multi-use thumb drives.

TB3 standard will run 40GBPs

>thumb drives using USB-C

They've been around for literal years. Have you even visited Amazon since 2014?

What I want to know is if the why in phone chargers one side is Type C and the other side is the old type?

Why can't both sides be Type C?

That's a lot of bandwidth, but what to do with it? It's not like GPU manufacturers and Display manufacturers are going to pick up USB-C as a display output/input option are they? It'd certainly be useful.

I can't wait for USB-C to take over

Mostly yes. Do you know why? Because USB type c devices operated at a fraction of their theoretical speed, like all USB products. It's good for quick charging.

I recently bought a micro usb charger cable with an mini adapter. It charged my gps ok but the cable wouldn't work for data transfer on my pc. I think it has something to do with that adapter thing, I bought another regular mini usb cable it it works fine though. Never had any problems with the pins but i only use it maybe once every 3 months to update the maps.

>It's not like GPU manufacturers and Display manufacturers are going to pick up USB-C as a display output/input option are they?

Why is everyone here so slow to know shit?

There are a lot of different theories moving forward on what you could use it for. If you look at the new MBP, you basically have four PCIe slots external to the laptop. When you use it with the 5K LG Display, you get video, data, and sound all transferred in to a monitor. So, picture a setup where you have your portable laptop/tablet or similar, then you get home and plug it in to a standalone monitor that has a built in GPU/Port IO extension/even hard drive space. Or even external GPU/docking stations for actual gaming usable on a laptop.

Shieeet so they are making displays with USB-C inputs?

It's a duck

Ducks are rapists

no, but micro-usb 3.0 is incompatibile garbage

Because most of them just bitch about actual innovation. And are too busy posting about CPUs or GPUs.

>Shieeet so they are making displays with USB-C inputs?
Yes.

Neat, so when do we replace DisplayPort and HDMI on graphic cards?

>Because most of them just bitch about actual innovation.

You'd have a point, if they knew what innovation even was. I still remember when this board spent months making fun of the iPhone 4 for having too high of a pixel density. I'm guessing you have the 15" MBP to run those dual 4K monitors?

>Why is everyone here so slow to know shit?
because they don't like technology, they just love to argue about shit they don't know much about

>I'm guessing you have the 15" MBP to run those dual 4K monitors?
Yeah. Just waiting on a desk right now.

classic USB is significantly beefier connection vs all this tiny micro shit

mmmm beefy

Not necessarily, many phones are USB 2.0 type C.

Op no worries USB-C won the battle Appe got rekt by it, Their thunderbolt connection got so butthurt that this last model has a thunderbolt connection using a USB-C port

KEK

>USB-C won the battle Appe got rekt by it, Their thunderbolt connection got so butthurt that this last model has a thunderbolt connection using a USB-C port

What the hell did I just read?

Thunderbolt is an Intel standard that's on many non-Apple devices. It's also never had a dedicated port, the last generation used Mini Displayport.