Lol @ these """benchmarks""" no way does intel give you that much more performance increase year over year

lol @ these """benchmarks""" no way does intel give you that much more performance increase year over year

how much did Intel pay Linus?

>20 threads
>16 threads
>12 threads
>12 threads
>12 threads
>rest being 8 or less

Maybe the uptick in thread count is a factor no?

CPU mark is not indicative of real world use

it looks good on paper thats it

Also these are extremely expensive processors

Just because it's been 12 years since AMD pimporved the processing speed of it's chips don't project.

>QX9650 4304
>i7-965 6139
> + ~42% boost
It's fake as fuck.
Linus is a paid shill confirmed.

but will it run crysis?

You're kinda looking at processors with completely different thread counts. The top processor has 20 threads and the i7 965X has 8 threads. The difference in performance is more than 2x, but so is the core count.

Oh, no, thats nothing like what you actually see in the products people buy every day. Those are simply the most powerful intel CPUs avalible. He didnt compare CPUs for the same price, the same cores, TDP or anything. The 6950x has almost double the MSRP of the i7-990x or 965.

A acctually interesting chart would be a comparison between the i5 models, or how good a CPU you got for say $300. But that'd show the stagnation and linus is a shill.

CPU mark is shit, but apart from that, let's see what happens when we include price (msrp, inflation adjusted):

965 - 5.58score/$
990x - 7.62score/$
5960x - 15.75score/$
6950 - 11.58score/$

Or cores, to see the ACTUAL arcitectural improvement:
965 - 1533/core
990x - 2165/core
5960x - 2145/core
Intel just did the moar cores meme for the last generations.

The stagnation is there because nobody is coding software for multi core. Increasing performance of a single core is hard as fuck. Strapping more coars on your CPU like AMD did with bulldozer is easy.

If only software devs made software which took advantage of moar coars. Then we wouldn't see this stagnation.

retarded that he decided to test the overpriced enthusiast chips, where there is obviously going to be an increase in performance when you add more cores and it doesnt look nearly as bad, not to mention that most people do not buy anything other than a quad core intel cpu. linus confirmed intel shill

It's not actually, because the only people who get anything is the people who pay premium because mainstream shit doesn't need any more performance.
Games are stagnating, mainstream applications are stagnating, everything is stagnating down there. Only enthusiast e-peeners with their Cinebench and Blender are getting anything done.

I disagree, even more games are starting to take advantage of more than 4 cores(not that I think too much attention should be put to gaymurs) And professional type software and browsers has been threaded for a good while.

The problem is that while intel didn't improve ipc much they didn't add more cores in the price efficient market either. And it's simple, no competition. Intel just kept making those 7% better i5s and making more money instead.

Hopefully zen can change this, i dont like amd any more than intel but its our only hope.

>the only people who get anything is the people who pay premium because
...No competition. Intel want money.

>mainstream shit doesn't need any more performance.
That's bullshit and you know it. A pentium 2 was all the mainstream ever needed at some point. Innovation is driven by companies making better things for less and people wanting better things, not what someone thinks is "needed".

>Games are stagnating
Graphically yes, and getting worse in gameplay, but they're worse optimized and more demanding than ever.
>mainstream applications are stagnating
Web browsers are massive resource hogs today. TVs and phones are now 4k, and editing 4k video is demanding as fuck. You're just full of shit.

>watching linus videos in 2017

Pretty much this. He should have used midrange CPUs as the comparison. i7 2600K though to the i7 7700K would have shown just how lazy Intel has gotten in the last five years.

>twice the threads
>higher core clock and boost
Yeah no.

If you kept the same tech but reduced the transistor size to 6950X levels, that alone could make the 955 perform nearly as well as the QX9650.

It is accurate so long as you understand what the benchmark is, and that's a highly threaded benchmark with increasing core counts on the CPUs.

When did Stallman shave the beard?

New stuff is doing well but 95% of it that already exists is single threaded as hell.

Intel has gone moar coars as it's the way of the future but the software already existing is making poor use of it so people have very little need to upgrade.

We need something that can reliably break 5GHz and continue the speed wars.

Funny how you completely missed the single core graphic. How much did Logan pay you?

bout tree fiddy

NO ITS SHILL I KNOW ITS SHILL