Sup Forums

Sup Forums,

When do you think we will upgrade our internal parts such as biological memory, heart, longevity, etc.?

Seems in this age we're just focused on computers instead of on our human version. Eventually we will turn into aliens in the future.

also we need to upgrade our movement speed, it sucks

Technically with pacemakers the ball has been rolling and that was what, the 60s?

that is a medical condition, not part of upgrade.

i believe we need to improve our DNA or gene pool

It's a mechanical/electrical device embedded in someone's chest
While the purpose is to maintain a lifestyle and not enhance it, it still counts

why would you want to live longer than necessary

i have a cochlear implant myself and to be honest, it sucks. It's nothing like you can hear, just electronically. And I don't consider it as an upgrade.

Does it make me a transhuman? No.

I also believe in the regeneration process instead of having to rely on prosthetics

Because life is awesome and i want to be a god?

When we start making neuropozyne aug manufacturers can have a stable and sustainable source of income.

Of course it does. Do you think people in the 60s thought computers would fit in the hand and allow someone to shit post on a Korean fishing board from their bed? No, they thought we'd have robots cleaning the house and shit. Sci-fi rarely comes in the form we think it will, but rather sneaks in unnoticed from the side. Next you'll be saying "my self driving car doesn't even the future, should be Jetsons and shit by now".

underrated.
wish i could turn turbo on, esp during boring dinners/office meetings
being able to have infinite saves and be able to reload at any time would be even better.

>life is awesome
>there are people this stupid actually in existance
you're either underraged, or so stuck in mommies bubble you have no idea how shite this fucking life genuinely is. probably both.

if we're gonna upgrade our movement speed, we're gonna hell of a whiplash lol we'd need to work on neck strength too

When we ask for it.

Imo, mind uploading will arrive faster than affordable prosthetic upgrades.

Busa, bro

maybe because your life is shit

eh i dunno about mind uploading i'd have to process all of the information uploaded it would take a while to understand all what has been uploaded it doesn't take instant to understand everything

I wasn't thinking of a functional mind, but at the very least an "image" of the brain's current "state"... Like... user.iso lmao

Why do you think Europe went crazy for a book called "my struggle"?

lol i actually never fucked around with .isos

ehhh idk bout that
the amount of storage needed for just one brain is like all the storage in existance in like 2014

>so locked in mums bubble he doesn't realize how easily his life could turn to shit
it'll be so much fucking worse for your dumb ass too, cause you're used to the comfort of a "nice life" i actually pity you

Hey mang, Johnny mnemonic got like 80 free gigs from deleting his childhood memories.

at the very least a cortana like AI as a sort of voice of your subconscious would be great to have.
being able to interpret, or even control any body function with a thought. rather than having to train your brain to control those individual pieces one at a time... shiiiiet that'd be life changing.

>tfw no bionic liver to abuse and replace like a lightbulb

Just carry a knife

Everybody runs faster with a knife

The transhuman movement should focus more on organic based solutions rather than silicon and electric. Instead of cochlear implants, we should just be able to regrow cochlear new.

I also read an "immortality" artile about saving your memories on a computer. This seems like a fake version and fake solution. The real deal would be to just stop or extremely slow down the aging process, which is biological immortlality.

correction; we need to be able to regrow hair cells INSIDE of cochlears. My hair cells are dead so I hear nothing or very very little due to sickness when I was a baby.

still surprised no real gains in cloning have been made.
cloning individual organs will be fucking glorious.

what if clones have been already made and it's just not disclosed to the public?

well obviously some rich fags have this shit habeebening.
but that's fucking stupid. far too costly and immoral to grow an entire human just for some organ you may or may not need in the future.

growing individual organs, that'd be real real goood. esp if all that was needed was the hosts fat, strip it back down to stemp cells via japanese acid bath, do some wizardry magic and ta-da life size replica of organs quickly and cost effectively.

We're pretty far from it, judging by the retarded shit that goes on in biohacking forums.