/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

CSS edition

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

>Recap
• Danny has decided to stop wasting his time on private trackers • user wishes he could make the news • A whole bunch of AB staff have stepped down • Audionews is open for registration • New picture of sarek with hair • /r/trackers hears of OT's god-tier OPSEC • A moment of silence for Yudhayvavhay :( • Open registration on NoStream closing tomorrow

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
nostre.am/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=96
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbvu3jb/?context=10000
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbvv920/
rclone.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mfw sarek is legit posting in /ptg/

second for Sadistic is a loser permavirgin.
second point five for sarek = new mascot of /ptg/ now that Danny's gone

>sarek's real name is Danny
>danyisill's real name is Danny

really made me think

AB

IS

are you going to go ratioless?

Is Sup Forums ready to join NoStream and take it to the moon?

What trackers are doing holiday gifts? So far I have:
- BTN (advent)
- AHD (one off gift)
- TVCUK (Xmas boxes)

Any others?

sarek: I'm tempted to join NoS and help out. I can upload my PTH collection. Can you give me any assurances regarding my personal security? Genuine question. Thx

lol i assure you i am NOT that dude
kind of

SAREK IS DANYISILL
>SAREK IS DANYISILL
SAREK IS DANYISILL

kind of. tell us your plans

I hope kind of means seed time pays for downloads.

>unironically using (((discord)))

enjoy getting v&

sarek y u got a pea head, boy? lmao

do you have a decent dev team now

sarek get a tripcode

Sup Forums.org/faq#trip

can't you hire a proper opsec guy? i'm already on NoS but after all that email leaks, i'm scared desu, your expertise seem to lie on frontend stuff only

look at libble. one of the oldest trackers, uses gazele,

I appreciate that. I did reply to a question regarding security in the previous thread, but feel free to PM me on the site or ping me on IRC or discord privately and I'll answer whatever questions you may have. Security is definitely a big deal, and I understand your apprehension

Loving the news OP

Can someone explain the meme about OT security

Check this thread out where we discuss the point system. nostre.am/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=96 I also touched on the subject in the most recent podcast. Will keep you updated

sarek is my hero 2bh senpai!

I have a ratio of 2.2 on IPT.
Something fucked up and all the torrents I have been seeding (over 100 from IPT) no longer seed from their location, and qbittorent instead tries to re-download them.
While I'd like to solve the problem, would it be bad to just clear my entire tracker list and start over?
I don't know much desu, make fun of me if I sound stupid.

simply that OT is run by intelligent groups of people that dedicates their live into giving you the best space to share your 2d & 3d titties?

Have you seeded those torrents enough so that you won't get a HnR if you delete them? If so, go ahead. IPT ratio is meaningless either way.

>2.2 ratio
>IPT
>qbittorrent

are you from leddit user?

Being completely honest? No, we don't have a 'decent dev team' right now. It's been hard for me to trust people after what happened. It's also been hard for members to trust us as well, so we don't really have devs lining up to help. TO be frank, i get it. It's going to take a while. We do have a couple talented devs, but they're pretty busy with real life stuff, so it's slow going, but it's going

>qbittorrent

and just what do you suggest he runs on Windows

How are you gonna attract users to your site, PTH and APL are so far ahead, do you think it's possible?

lol thanks

"Seeding matters; Ratio does not!"

>running windows

From a bystanders point of view, I honestly think you've come out of all this drama well. I don't quite understand all the bullshit against you. Many others involved with private trackers, on the other hand, seem like complete twats t.bh. Good luck with NOS, I hope it goes well.

Honestly bro, I asked some acid-addict about torrents and he recommended me the tracker.
Also I live in the middle of nowhere so my internet is atrocious, upload speeds in the single digits. Not sure if that even affects anything. Like I said, I'm not claiming to know shit.

Some user a few threads ago figured out that Oppaitime blows all the other trackers out of the water on some website security test by Mozilla.

Now there's a thread on /r/trackers and all the other trackers are scrambling to catch up.

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbvu3jb/?context=10000

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbvv920/

Also TTN but Alastor deleted his comment.

What is this heresy

>Inb4 nos becomes /ptg/s new tracker

Yes well the reason I asked about "the meme" is because a few snarky replies to that. Have they made any classic gaffes?

if you have atrocious internet, stay the fuck away from IPT unless you have $$$ to spent on buying points. Their seeding requirements are pretty nutso.

How do I get into OP?

I heard earlier, NoS is open sign-up atm. could you update as to how long this will run for?

Well obviously What has rebranded to NoStream.

In after it already has.

Just scroll up.

SAREK GET A FUCKING TRIP AND POST A TIMESTAMP

Even though it was fun destroying nos I like sarek desu

Fuck off spaghetti

Well my ratio is fine, and I was seeding for the longest time not even knowing I had an upload limiter on.

I don't see it as a race or competition. At the end of the day, we just want to be 'different'. In this climate, we just want to offer something different. We want to introduce a system that clearly sets us apart from other trackers.

Hope you didn't take that facebook image seriously

use deluge if you actually want ratio

I'll be turning it off around 12am EST

>sarek was one of us all along

and how'd you make it "different" without devs to make it different? a built in spotify & deezer ripping tools would make your site different and is compatible with the "nostream" themes but you have no dev

let's rolling boys

He's cabal banned. He's got nothing to lose.

mfw abusing Amazon refunds still works. Got myself a free $300 Bose QC35. Remember lads, if you don't sign for a package, there is no way they can prove that it has been delivered. It used to be much easier though. Before 24 hours after I receive the package I would talk to customer support through web chat, I would say it hasn't arrived and they would offer me a replacement or refund straight away.

Remember these Amazon idiots rely on customer satisfaction to keep their jobs. Just hustle these idiots, telling them to PROVE it has been delivered (they can't if no one signed for it) and threaten them with going to someone else to resolve your issue. Don't over-abuse this though.

napisthebest

roll

cuminmyanus

I have to go, but thanks for hearing me out and asking questions. Talk to you guys later.
-sarek

demonotaku

sareksslaveowner

italiankitty

always

Pretty sure they know you're scamming them

sarekfucksmodels

312cunt

All of the other trackers embed lots third party resources as well, many of them over plain HTTP. Oppaitime proxies it through them. Better for privacy and security.

Don't be a stranger

Pajeet1998

Yui

cheers mate. seeya later

wtf I can't make a new gmail anymore without some kind of phone confirmation?

Wrong thread Trayvon

currymaster54

How did you receive the package if it wasn't signed for?

312cuck

>These are the kind of people we share this board with.

That's been the case for quite a while now

If NoS has the original 12" single of Warp 9's Light Years Away, I will start uploading there. Not on APL or PTH, that I can see.

NICE

yeah, it's your only option desu, but it's gotta be a pretty good one, otherwise there's no way anyone is gonna upload stuff there after uploading already to PTH or APL

NoS has nothing that PTH/APL doesn't

As much as I find all of OT's content deplorable, its sysops aren't retards. There's not been anything to laugh at from a security perspective AFAIK
I wish PTP's sysops could adopt OT's mentality desu

sarekhasaids

oh no nevermind, if you just fill in the bare minimum they don't ask for shit

>Gmail
Just use cock.li.

No idea, at checkout it even said that the package would require a signature. The moment it was left at my place, without me signing. I knew I hit the jackpot.

The tracking stuff is irrelevant. I'm going to buy a 8TB HD to seed HDB freeleech encodes now.

I honestly hope you're not over 18

want a invite to libble?

>I'm going to buy a 8TB HD to seed HDB freeleech encodes now.
Just buy an unlimited Google Drive account on eBay for $10, upload the freeleech encodes with rclone, mount it read-only with rclone, and then seed directly
I get about 400 Mbit/s on average
No recurring cost

:0

Is this legit? Unlimited seedbox?

tehcumsucker

Well you need an existing Linux server of course.
And these eBay GDrive accounts have a caveat: the seller can see all your files.

I use rclone's built-in encryption

You can instead buy Google Drive business for $120/year and have full control yourself.
Speeds are legit between 300-800 Mbit/s for me

I currently have ~4 TB on it, uploaded in the last week

fuck you don't let the autists know google will shut it down

2nd caveat is, you can't download torrents directly to it. Google Drive only supports sequential writing, not random access.

That means you have to download them to your HDD, then sync to GDrive, then seed off the FUSE mount.

The only tool you need is rclone
rclone.org/

It doesn't replace a seedbox, but rather augments it;; good for long-term seeding of large torrents.