/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Asus X00GD with 4,850mAh battery and Android 7.0 clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/asus_x00gd_with_4850mah_battery_and_android_70_clears_tenaa-news-22472.php

OxygenOS 4.0 with Nougat rolls out for the OnePlus 3 and 3T
gsmarena.com/oxygenos_40_with_nougat_rolls_out_for_the_oneplus_3_and_3t-news-22476.php

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 slides
videocardz.com/65139/qualcomm-snapdragon-835

IP68-certification confirmed for Galaxy A (2017) series, A3 and A5 appear online
gsmarena.com/ip68certification_confirmed_for_galaxy_a_2017_series_a3_and_a5_appear_online-news-22464.php

Exclusive: Samsung will launch wireless in-ear headphones with the Galaxy S8
sammobile.com/2016/12/29/exclusive-samsung-will-launch-wireless-in-ear-headphones-with-the-galaxy-s8/

Xiaomi Mi 6 to Launch on February 6, May Resemble Mi Note 2
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaomi-mi-6-to-reportedly-launch-on-february-6-rumoured-to-resemble-mi-note-2-1643153

old

First for ZUK Z2

can you change the a e s t h e t i c of the phones software?
not just the background but the icons, the way its organized, the user interface in general?

I'm not an expert but I don't think you can do that just by rooting, you'd need a different ROM

Could be wrong tho

Have you never seen an homescreen thread? Pretty much anything is customisable on android

someone post the buying guide
looking for a large non chink phone
coming from 2013 moto g
canada, rogers

If you have root you can delete most apps and then use a firewall app to block access to the internet for the rest of them

>no xperia

shit/10 would not read again

>sony
>not overpriced junk
lmao

Where is zuk z2 and xiaomi mi5 on this

>literally the same components as samsung with less bloat and software buttons

I have a Pixel I got for Christmas

Jesus, anybody choosing not to get this phone is a god damned moron

>stock android
>no
why is this an option?

just make it removable battery

Zuk would be parallel to the Redmi 4 Prime in most aspects

mi5 would be in between the 4 prime and note 3 in terms of screen size with slighter better specs (not quite 400 tier yet but costs more than 200 as well)

phhh. i bet you have google plus too.

add a $300 tier and put them there.

Are you blind?

ZUK is under $200 though

no, I uninstalled most of the apps on it

shit is literally perfect, other than the mic and speaker being easily blockable with your hand if you're holding it awkwardly

>best camera
>top tier internal specs
>get to choose size
>great battery life
>vanilla android
????

please don't tell me you really need waterproofing that much

go ahead and edit it, I didn't make it lmao

Are Ipods the only worthy portable media players, or is it just the Apple hivemind spouting their usual?

Fiios stuff is quality and not overpriced
Sony's players are fine but overpriced, just not as much as apples

Nothing apple is ever worth it unless you are a massive faggot with money to burn and want to be seen as a particularly vain and homosexual person.

Sansa clip+Rockbox+128 GB SD card is the best if you want a portable music player.

I bought a Samsung 64 gb EVO+ micro SDXC uhs-I card, and I think it might be fake.

The packaging says it has a read speed of 80MB/s and a write speed of 20MB/s.

When I put the card in my phone it told me that the card was slow and probably won't work correctly. It gave me some problems so I reformatted it and put it in my PC and tested it with H2testw and got

Writing speed: 535 KByte/s
Reading speed: 18.1 MByte/s

So did I do this correctly or not? Thanks

Its probably just a faulty one, where did you buy it? Try to make your warranty valid anyway, run that thing through crystal disk mark shizuku edition and screencap it if it tells you the same, then send the image to those guys if online or go to the store if physical with the image on your phone or something,

This is why i havent moved from 32 GB sd cards even if i need the space, too costy and i dont wanna risk 40+ dollars because poorfag.

i cant figure out how to unlock this HTC bootloader!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J U S T

i wont stop till i get it. i will probably brick my device.

does the ZUK 2 have band 12 for T-mobile USA?

no.

Stupid new year meme holding up my HTC10 for TWO FUCKING DAYS...

Welp, return it and get another one or your money back if the problem persists, i would go for a sony or a sandisk if i were you, those brands have never failed me when it comes to external storage.

yeah I don't know why I keep thinking samsung will be good this time, then I have to return it later.

Can any Australians tell me if the OP3 is worth it?
There's on on Gumtree for $650 (A3003 model), which seems like a lot. Should I just order one from the HK site and use package forwarding?

Why dont i see the mi max reccomended? Anything bad about it?

Well premium brand+it being relatively cheap=good, by the way how much did it cost you? I got a 32 GB class 10 sony sd card for 12 dollars last month and its really good.

After getting fucked over by a vaio laptop 4 years ago that was shitty beyond words i swore to always research whatever i wanted to buy extensively before the actual purchase and wait a month and half whenever i was interested in a new phone/console/laptop that just came out to see if it has any glaring flaws ala note 7 or lg g4.

Nothing, it is just too big, practically tablet size, and it has the same specs and features as the smaller (5.5") Redmi Note 3 Pro, which is currently THE chinkphone of choice if you want a good smartphone with insane community support for less than 150 dollars.

If you want a meme phone with good camera and battery duration (5000 mAh iirc) to shitpost from the bed go for it, otherwise buy the RN3P which is only slightly worse (shitty camera, 4050 mAh battery).

was on sale at frys for $20

>Fuck huge bezels
>ugly design
>speaker has weird buzzing issues
>no SD expansion
>Shit headphone sound quality
And for what they are asking for it i rather stick with my s7 edge.

Okay Sup Forumsuys, I need some help.

So I noticed my phone's been dying quite a bit faster. In that right now it's at 65% but I could unplug it and it drops to 20% in 10 minutes but goes right back up to 65% as soon as I plug it in.

It's an iPhone 6 running IOS 10.1.1

Why the fuck would you buy an ipod in 2017? I am surprised they still exist.

In my case it's just out of familiarity with layout.

And the fact I'm not sure what I would do without iTunes. Not that I need it just that I have no idea what alternative I'd have or what I do with all the music I got off of iTunes

What can I get in Australia for ~$400
-Fingerprint scanner
-Expandable storage
-Stock or close to stock Android

Ah k. It seems like the ultimate meme phone. The sheer size is comical at best since its not even a phablet at this point but a tablet with a phone built in.

Pretty sure the G4 Plus is under 400 in Australia bucks and has all the features you listed

xperia.

>Xperia X Performance's fingerprint scanner is disabled only in the US firmware

why is this allowed.

what about the redmi note 4 pro, isnt that THE chinkphone now?

>mediakek
no.

right im retarded, always forget about that forget i asked

Whats media(kek)

is that a question?

Just bought one today. Unboxing atm. Want pics?

Yes, he called it mediakek but obviously its got a different name, like media tek or something (a guess)

Id love some, especially where the screen glass meets the border thing (glass plastic thing?).

Use aliexpress.

Ok, give me a few minutes.

Alright boys, guess who bought a new phone today?

Silly question, you know it was me.

A box!

All the things in the box. I bought an imported model, so the charger will not work here.

>But why?
Much cheaper.

All pictures taken with my current phone. Sorry for the blurriness.

Old phone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from 2011. Served me excellently for 5 years, but 720p and the battery life is not good any more.

New phone is very slightly bigger. A tiny little bit only...

Peeling...

Any case where I can put my cards like this iPhone but for my nexus 6p?

For you.

Sorry about the dirty cloth.

It is no Mi Mix, but it is fine. Pic with flash off so you can see the screen

I just got my first smart phone and when I miss a phone call or a message it doesn't keep beeping or vibrating or anything, so I don't notice. I looked through the settings but I don't see any options for this. Am I missing something?

Pic of my old phone, taken with the new phone, so you can compare with Both pics taken with default camera app, default settings.

If anyone wants more info about the Mi Max, or any particular pics, let me know.

>it is no mi max
What?

Mi Max != Mi Mix. Mix is a better phone.

Oh that super expensive thing. Seems good but boy is the price bonkers

Sure, can we get a face reveal pic? Also a max brightness white screen

Give me a few minutes.

Some apps like Textra have a setting to keep notifying you in case you miss the text
Not sure of an app that does this for calls. If the phone isn't in your pocket your phones notification light will let you know if you missed anything (if your phone has a notification LED)

Max brightnesss. Smiley face reveal.

Im still annoyed you didnt do the 1000 sub face reveal

>1000 sub face reveal
I do not know what that is.

Anyone know if VoLTE / WiFi calling works on OP3 on Optus / at all?

To yt channel. Do a 100k logical instruments page hits face reveal

Wondering if i should upgrade my phone and also switch carriers.

Phone: Nexus 6 32 GB

Carrier: Verizon, but it's getting expensive for my whole family, was wondering if T-mobile or Sprint worth switching, am heavy mobile data since my work doesn't have wifi

Budget: Any fine, unless the Nexus 6p is worth upgrading.

You can already see most of us on there. I am going to go to the gym and try and hit sub-30% bf for potential future face reveals. Just give me 10 to 20 years.

Does the OP3T work well with MetroPCS?

Not really /spg/:
What do I search to find old phones like the Samsung SPH-N270 (phone cast in the matrix movie)?
I really just want a neat phone case and ideally a decent interface. I'l be making my own internals.

Oh and they should look cool in the retro sense. Pic related is not cool even if it would be very easy to work with.

is there any lg g4 or nexus 5x that haven't bootlooped

Nope and it happens to G5s too

To the zuk z2 owner what ROM did you install?

I finally got a smartphone in September, an HTC 10 on Android 6. I want to really utilize it, and I'm slowly getting it all setup to my liking, but what are some things I should be doing as far as security and privacy are concerned? Mostly as far as day to day stuff goes in case my phone gets stolen, because I still have the stock OS so I realize I can't reasonably trust the OS to not be leaking shit to the government, although I'm also interested in doing what I can on that front as well.

Any recommended cases for the RN3P?

Install a custom rom like cyanogenmod/lineage, aosp, replicant etc. and then don't flash google apps.

Do any xiomi phones bootloop? How fix

Gonna buy a new phone, around $150-200, what are some to keep in mind if I can't find the recommended Xiaomis?

What's good custom ROM when Cyanogen is dead?
What's good icon pack that is neither flat, not glossy?

Huawei P8 lite, yes or no?

Moto G4, Nextbit Robin

Are there any good phones in ~$250 range that have FHD Led screens and custom rom support? Can be a chink phone.

used Note 4

Asus Zenfone 2. If you had more money I'd recommend the OnePlus 3T because the battery life is incredible. Even with nougat update. Just got mine a few days ago.

Mi5s

The output on my sansa is so quiet. My HTC m7 for instance was much better.

Got a coupon for a shitty shop that doesn't have most of the phones reccomended here.
Is Meizu M2 Note 16GB Dual Sim good for 200 euros?

It's just a namechange.