Sup Forums I need some assistance with pic related

Sup Forums I need some assistance with pic related.

I have around US$600 in my power (slightly irrelevant, I don't live in the US and price rates here are a bit higher) and I need to pick a new computer. I'm a software developer, but I would also love it if the computer was able to run heavy games, most namely Cities: Skylines.

This game is way too heavy for most laptops, and no laptop will run it for $600. Moreover gaming laptops are expensive, and I'm better off buying a desktop. Here's the catch: I need the mobility because I will end up in a situation where I will be moving a lot. So, I either buy a not-so-decent laptop or a very decent desktop.

I was thinking, why not both? I could buy a development laptop and install Linux in it, and way later a gaming desktop with Windows once I have the cash to buy it. But then I could just save the money that would buy me a gaming desktop and just buy a gaming laptop, which will end up not being as good as a gaming desktop for that amount.

What am I supposed to do here?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/sxPTFd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Form factor mini itx setup that you can take with you places

Okay color me ignorant. I did a quick research and this is a super small computer that can also fit a budget, am I right?

Yea, mini itx motherboards for example are usually cheaper. Let me mash something up for you in pcpartpicker

Decent monitors today cost around $300.

I'm waiting! It may turn out a bit more expensive here but hey, it's a good idea in any case.

I can deal with a shitty monitor.

Here you go user, should run things excellently
pcpartpicker.com/list/sxPTFd

Okay that's a bit over my budget, but let me see if I can assemble the same thing here with the same budget.

I will get back to you.

Save up for a bit
Or go cheaper on parts as necessary
1 stick of 8gb ram without a heatspreader
8320 or so for CPU
Cheaper case
Etc

You can get a 1440x900 monitor for $10 at your local thrift store.

>single channel memory
ishiggydiggy dooo
but ishyddt

It's not that big of a performance impact
Gotta make sacrifices for poorfags user

A similar computer is costing a bit below 970.

I will see what I can do to reduce the price.

While I'm making the build, can I really bring this sort of computer anywhere with me? I mean I know that it's less portable than a desktop PC but how comfortable is it to carry around?

Okay it's done. I had to ... well, basically lower the entire specs of the computer for it to fit my budget.

How well will this run?

Video card: EVGA GT 710
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460
Screen: Samsung LS19F350HNLX/ZS
Motherboard: MSI H81I
RAM: Kingston KVR16R11D8/8 (1 x 8 GB | DIMM DDR3-1600 ECC)
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Power Supply: EVGA 600B
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2

Will this work?

That GPU might be just slightly faster then integrated graphics.

Er... Yes, you're right. I benchmarked it and figured it was awful. I have two options: buy a better graphics card at the risk of not having enough to pay it, or go for integrated graphics for now, buy everything else better, and get a graphics card later.

Damn user you're getting shafted on prices. What country. I'll try to help out
Same user that made you the first list, fell asleep last night. Definitely try to get 4704gb at minimum though

You can also always her pretty decent deals second hand/used

Without a graphics card you won't be playing anything.
Don't spend the money without getting the whole package all at once.
The 710 is garbage.
There's no point getting 'half' a computer, since your situation will not have changed; you will still be unable to play the games you want, but your parts are growing old.

Chile. What I posted are a bit above the $600 mark and I searched for the best prices in a website with similar functionalities.

I don't think that we can get it better.

At the risk of them failing?

>but your parts are growing old
Okay this is true, computer parts grow old pretty quickly.

Maybe I really should save more...?

It's rare it'll fail, test it out if anything, ask for invoice etc to see how old it is. And then cut your budget on everything except the gpu. Cheaper case CPU etc. Just make sure you get 8gb ram and try to get a 4gb 470

>cut your budget on everything except the gpu
Wait really, even the processor?

Yes, for your purposes gpu is the most important option

Okay sorry for taking so long.

I made some few changes, and apparently, a Pentium G4500 processor with a Zotac GTX 1050 video card is the best I can come up with and even then that's slightly past my absolute maximum budget. I literally cannot afford that for a very small difference. And I had to lower myself to 4GB RAM.