I need some Sup Forums approved monitor recommendations, I heard you guys were the best to ask

I need some Sup Forums approved monitor recommendations, I heard you guys were the best to ask.

Recently bought this piece of shit in pic related from acer, it came with an uneven backlight so now I know never to buy from them again.

All I fucking need is a 24" 1080p monitor with 144hz capabilities, I didn't think it'd be this hard but damn, these are way more uncommon than I imagined.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/
youtube.com/watch?v=8D5V1dDCSag
amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DG-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK?th=1&psc=1
amazon.com/dp/B00HY7PAUC/ref=twister_B00LGM2YN2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-g2460pqu/
amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Tournaments-Professional-XL2730/dp/B01H5KKQTM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1475650575&sr=8-3&th=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=recommendedmonitors-20&linkId=43ce1d77df5d2f2216d7383804c38acc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

amazon.com/AOC-G2460PF-24-Inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BV1XBEI/

Has freesync too if you have an AMD card.

hey does any of you remember this cheap ass asian company who (used to?) produce(d) monitors?
they were hot shit on Sup Forums a few years back because they were apparently very good for the price but it was a gamble because they often had bad pixels
i think their name was something including a cat

catleap?

catleap is just one of the many korean companies that made monitors with rejected panels.

I have one that was made by crossover, shit works 6 years in but I had to replace the power brick 2 years back.

>catleap
yes, that's it!
they seem to have fallen out of favor, i haven't seen them mentioned here in years

Speaking of monitors, question. is 144hz really worth it? Because I want a 1440p monitor, and the 60 hz is half the price of a 144hz.
Is it really that big of a difference?

Ben(is :-dddd)Q is always good

Yes

>ships within one to two months

No thanks

Once you go 144hz you never go back, if I had to choose, 144hz>1440p, luckily I have an xb271hu tho.

Not OP but I'm out of the loop on monitors, are 144hz and 1ms the latest/best MLG gaymur specs that are relatively common? Or is there something better now?

Fucking TN 144hz cost like 25-27 IPS 1440p monitors, what a joke.

Just get one from the ASUS or BenQ.
youtube.com/watch?v=8D5V1dDCSag

Honestly, I would prefer the ASUS, better colors and hues, the 3D logo is fucking annoying though, it's around 300$ depending where you look.

>Acer backlight bleed
Looks like you bought one of their cheaper models bud

I have the monitor in your pic, mine doesn't seem to have your backlight problem and I used an app to turn on backlight strobing. It is kind of a pain in the nuts to adjust the colors though. On my old monitor, I could just select sRGB and be done with it. For the time being, I just set the brightness to 50%, contrast to max, and put the colors all at 80%. It still seems a little bright.

Just if you can't afford a 144hz on 1440p res monitor, then it's just go with the 1440p. 1440p on a 24" is pretty comfy but if you can get anything lower than it's amazing, the pixel density is absolutely great. Also, have you considered 4K? I'm not sure what you plan to do it but bigger res is always better

Like this?

amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DG-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK?th=1&psc=1

4K(or rather, 60Hz) is absolute trash for FPS though.

I went from 4K to 144Hz 1080p with no hard feelings since I play CS and OW.

The only reason to own a 144hz screen is if you are manchild gaymer like this faggot.

For working, 4k is the way.

Real men don't do work in front of a monitor.

ASUS MG248q

real men don't need to insinuate things on the internet.

OP here, I think I'm gonna make the jump on this monitor.

amazon.com/dp/B00HY7PAUC/ref=twister_B00LGM2YN2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Gonna get the non G-Sync or Freesync version since those don't take fucking 2 months to ship, thanks for all of your input.

pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-g2460pqu/

>12ms input lag

Maybe don't. Acer, Benq and Asus manage half that.

Don't say it doesn't matter when fast response is the only reason to go for those monitors.

Holy shit, you fucking saved me. Why the hell would they advertise 1ms response time if it's nowhere near that?

>Why the hell would they advertise 1ms response time if it's nowhere near that?

Because that makes the goyim buy their product.
Generally, they only measure grey to grey, which is almost a worthless measurement. If you have to measure response time accurately, you would need to measure black to white. But that would result in higher numbers, and then the goy will buy the monitor of some other company advertising their grey to grey times.

Input lag is generally more important. It really is measuring "how much time passes until the new signal actually changes the pixels".
Though response time is also important, as too much will result in ghosting.

Alright, well I found a BenQ monitor that manages better than the last one I picked.

amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Tournaments-Professional-XL2730/dp/B01H5KKQTM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1475650575&sr=8-3&th=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=recommendedmonitors-20&linkId=43ce1d77df5d2f2216d7383804c38acc

Was recommended on that pcmonitors.info place, so I assume they're safe to trust?