I will become homeless in 6 months, help me survive, Sup Forums

I will be homeless in 6 months, how can I dedicate the next 6 months to studying web development so that I can get an entry level job and not end up homeless.

I'm sorry but I can't tell you why for personal reasons.

But is this achievable? Can I do it? What if I spend 3-5 hours a day doing it, am I just being retarded?

Front end or back end or full on?

I will report back with my progress at the end of the 6 months, so I will use a trip for this post, even if no one replies

Other urls found in this thread:

cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources
reddit.com/r/vandwellers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I will reply to you sir and I wish you luck on your adventures

whjat is your experience and education so far? why do your parents kick you out?

>What if I spend 3-5 hours a day doing it, am I just being retarded?
try 6 to 10

or, start applying now for shit jobs, take a shit job for 1-1.5 years and meanwhile learn some programming/whatever

Get a real job now and start saving up, learn basics on your down time

I have experience up to 2nd year University but that will all change, I also changed my OS to Ubuntu already to prepare for this.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this, I can't get a job, there are reasons why but I can't share.

(Don't worry, it's nothing crime related)

>Is this achievable?
Yes.
>Can I do it?
No.
>dedicate the next 6 months
>What if I spend 3-5 hours a day
Then absolutely not.

You can learn most things in a 6 months timeframe, but you have to spend time on it.

If you want a how to:
Use a Pi to set up a webserver and learn the basic networking of how the stack works on linux.
Then you start writing sites.
Try to replicate different layouts, add elements that might be useful for your next job.
Do not worry about how bloated your solutions become, you are on a clock.

Sounds like a case of autism.

I've been in a similar situation before, and what I learned from it is to not shoot for an ideal outcome in a short period of time. You should look at what skills and resources you already have at your disposal, and try to get something--Anything--Going well before the deadline hits. Then work towards the job you want once you're back in a comfortable position. If you're gonna be homeless in sixth months, you shouldn't be working on something aspirational. You should be behaving like shit has already hit the fan, and you need to find a stop-gap quick.

>I'm sorry but I can't tell you why for personal reasons.

It's ok, your release date in in June, we get it. Talk with the prison library manager and see about getting some access to Coursera or something, Khan Academy even and learn web development online or at least get started on it.

You'll be fine back in genpop, son, you'll make it, just keep your head up and don't drop the soap again.

Sounds like a case of bait thread

Had me going until the bit about installing Ubuntu.

Good bait mate, solid 6/10

Think like ah strategy game.

Not baiting.

I'm a beginner, the Wiki suggests Ubuntu for beginners.

lol

instead of studying and reading, I suggest you can learn much faster by doing. Buy a cheap server from DigitalOcean or something (5$ a month), and start building a shitty page, then a small static website, then add some dynamic pages using backend software and database, slowly you will learn how this shit is done

Okay, first off, your OS literally doesn't matter.
You'll be working on servers if you feet a job, everything happens not on your pc.
You want to learn php, html, css and js.
Learn objective programming, how php processes input data ($_GET, $_POST), how to hash, what $_SERVER does and how to use it.
Learn databases, mysql is a good start, use it with PDO in php.
For learning install xampp

How would I go about building these 'portfolios' everyone makes?

How does one organize them? Just like a Resume but for software?

If you get a job*

Also learn jQuery, or at least how to Google

Don't buy a server, as I said, just install xampp.
Same shit, just free

>spend 3-5 hours a day
I HAVE A GUESS AT WHY YOU ARE GOING TO BE HOMELESS

Is 3-5 hours a day for a simple web dev job really not enough?

that's not enough for any job is what I'm sying

My advice is to get used to sucking dicks.

What he said.
I work as a web dev full time

I'm talking about studying to BECOME a web developer.

What are you talking about?

See

See

>not getting on neetbux instead

Why are you shitposting in my thread?

Everyone is saying you should aim for an easily attainable job right now and worry about the programming side of things later. Not many (if any) companies are gonna hire someone with 6 months of experience, let alone 6 months of self education.

Also get a membership at a cheap place where you can shower (gym, swimming pool, ..) not many places hire people that stink.

Will not help you then.

Shitposting in a shitpost thread. Its rather simple.

OP if you're serious about learning coding. DO NOT SPEND JUST 3-5 Hours a day.. you need to spend way more. Minimum 8Hrs a day. with potty(&smoke)&food breaks.

You are on Sup Forums. Tell us a story.

Also: Build your resume, start interviewing for a job now. You may not be able to get the job right now, but you can line up a job for 6 months.

What are your skills?

I'm not shitposting, christ. I installed Ubuntu because that's what the wiki says to do.

Christ, is it really that laborious? I've read of people getting jobs in the field with just 2 hours a day for 3/4 of a year.

I can't work right now, that's the problem. I have to wait 6 months.

My skills are being able to cite political and historical factoids for you, I guess.

2 hours a day for under a year will not be enough for 99% of people. You won't get a job with that unless you're insanely good at bullshitting in interviews

>uubuntu
>web design

>My skills are being able to cite political and historical factoids for you

>Front end or back end or full on?
You will survive from just this.

You have any advice to help an undiagnosed asperger shizophrenc to get neetbux?

Sorry, can you explain?

Ok, looks like I'm going to have to dedicate a lot of time, thanks for putting it into perspective.

What do you suggest?

For web design, any OS will do you just fine.

Using linux is for autists that cannot concentrate as good as some can.

This, but if you're looking for jobs fast you'll probably just need the basics to throw up a Wordpress theme, minor PHP changes.

You're looking at CSS+HTML, a little PHP.

As a beginner I charged $30/h. Start with a project in mind, you'll probably not learn much just reading shit. Learn by doing.

Don't worry about OS. You just need a text editor and something to transfer files via SFTP

I taught myself webdev over 6 months. The best way is to learn by doing. Either build a volunteer site for someone (there's no shortage of idiots who want stuff built for them), or design one yourself.

This lets you learn how to troubleshoot and implement code and workarounds that you might not understand, but get the job done. Not ideal, but essential if you only have 6 months.

Start out by making your own Homepage for your browser.

Then move on to an actual website.

>My skills are being able to cite political and historical factoids for you, I guess.
No, no, I meant what are your useful skills. Can you cook? Can you teach? Can you program?

I have a couple of copy/pastas for learning programming, will post them next.

(1/2)
So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamically typed/interpreted programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby
-Statically typed/compiled programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamically typed programming may be a bit more flexible, convenient, and forgiving. It is more popular in academia.
-Statically typed programming is a bit more suited for making general applications. It is more popular in industries.

Cannot decide? Flip a coin.

If you choose statically typed/compiled programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and teaches many universal programming concepts. C++ is based on C, and adds new concepts. Sources:
For C:
The C Programming Language (K&R)
C Primer Plus (Prata)
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/

For C++:
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq

If you choose dynamically typed/interpreted programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [language x] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages above are considered good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE PC GAMES!
Learn patience.

So you want a starting/junior programming job?

You MUST master the basics of programming, and be able to implement your programming knowledge using any language. That means solving problems without relying on any particular syntax. If you cannot separate programming syntax from programming concepts/algorithms, then you will need to go back and focus on the basics.

After mastering the basics, you want a starting job. Let us look at languages that will help you launch your programming career. And no, you will not be earning $300k/year when you are just starting, but you may do so if you persevere.

1- Java. Enormously popular, Java is everywhere, and everyone wants a Java developer. A must for Android applications.

2- Javascript. It runs most of the internet! A must for website developers, (with CSS and HTML.)

3- Objective C/Swift. The languages that power Apple gadgets. A must for iOS applications.

There are more languages in high demand, but they require more experience. Master the following to expand your horizons:

-SQL. Because data must get stored.
-C. Real programmers point to this language.
-C++. For classy, objective programmers.
-Python. For high-paying sssoftware engineering jobs.

>WHAT OTHER LANGUAGES ARE IN HIGH DEMAND?
Other than what was mentioned above: C#, Ruby, and PHP.

>I WANT TO WORK WITH HARDWARE DIRECTLY. WHAT LANGUAGE IS CLOSEST TO THE METAL?
Machine code. Good luck, friend.

>WHAT HUMANLY-READABLE LANGUAGE IS CLOSEST TO THE METAL?
Assembly. When it comes to programming, Assembly is the apex predator.

>I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE LATEST NEW MODERN not-a-fad LANGUAGES!
Take a look at Rust, Go, Hack, Scala, Julia, Dart, and Erlang.

>THOSE LATEST not-a-fad LANGUAGES WILL GUARANTEE A JOB, RIGHT?
No.

>I STARTED LEARNING [language x] BUT YESTERDAY MY [friend/lecturer/uncle] SAID TO SWITCH TO [language y]. WHAT DO?
You have already started, so stick. That other language will still be there when you are done with your current task.

Just an hero

Even people with papers have problems getting a job because 1+ year is needed for the shittiest of jobs

>3 years of experience requirement

Thats there to sort out cucks from the masses.

I live in a 3rd world country and we have no opportunities for minimum wage jobs. We can either lift bricks and do manual labor or start our own business.

Why can't you work at McDonalds or Starbucks to support yourself? Is the rent really that high in your country?

Thanks a lot!

One last question:

How many people learn how to make Android/iPhones games and manage to make some money in a short space of time?

Only if you have a decent idea and execute it properly for normies.

Remember that Flappy Bird game?

How long do you think that took to code including learning time?

Making games of any sort is going to involve learning how to draw/3D model, compose music, and potentially write on top of learning how to code. You're better off aiming for something that only requires one skill.

a few weeks?

These

that guy had 10 years xp working on ios apps for a company
and still stole half of the code he used

my guess is that you are gay and you parent are christian moron , you will be eighteen in 6 months and will be kicked out of your home

Frontend is user interface design and programming.
Backend is everything that the website does that the user doesn't see.
Fullstack is both.

Ubuntu is fine for webdev, you don't need to use a Linux distro, having bash makes it easier to use git and nodejs later on.

If you want to get into it, start making static websites in HTML and CSS.
Then think about something you want your website to do in JavaScript and PHP.

Try finding some old computer and try installing a server running WordPress, FTP and MySQL on it, it's never wrong to have some kind of understanding on how your servers work.

That should get you started, you'll know how to move on from there.
Make a few websites and build a portfolio so people will actually want to employ you.

Glad if I could help.

t. currently employed self-taught webdev

mfw 2nd year uni student in software engineering who just switched to Ubuntu because W7 got bricked with a bitcoin mining program but had plans to switch to Linux since the end of highschool

> just fell for the meme

>t. currently employed self-taught webdev

Are you completely self-taught? Did you go to college or work?

Did you immediately jump into a webdev job from zero experience/formal education?

I taught myself webdev while in school (studied graphic design) for about two years and started the job pretty much right after.
We had some IT and """ webdesign""" classes, that was only basic HTML and CSS studs though.

I also had an apprenticeship at the company about a year before where I was performing pretty well, which is why I was employed this quickly.

Apply for literally walmart or mcdonalds and just live in your car or van.

figure the rest googlin

This is good advice OP. Follow it, this is not the time to chase a fantastic idea. If it's your dream then that what would be one thing, but you're wanting to get into Web dev for money.

Either way get realistic and get a normal job and learn while you are there.

>Do not worry about how bloated your solutions become, you are on a clock.
I know he said homeless and I know I'm just a dumb programmer with god like skills and a mind for all-but-the-worst buutttttttt I hate you for this. He didn't need to hear the word bloated.

NO. Get off your lazy ass you piece of retarded autistic shit!

WORKING means fucking working. If you can't man the fuck up you deserve to die.

Employers have zero reason to care what you want you lazy entitled fuck. Go rim hobos. You wastes of flesh deserve to be homeless.

A portfolio is literally just a collection of work. You organize them chronologically, hopefully, or state otherwise. If you want to be a bit less subtle about the portfolio, you build a website and just list them with links. You could try a git repo but those things going through political anarchy right now. I would suggest a website.

You got to think like you're in a video game and these are items you're getting. Welcome to the adult world. Your next mission is to keep your health from draining to zero and to avoid the big black dude.

CIA Nigger detected

>the easy, quick bucks by webdev meme

>I can't get a job
being white sure is hard in 2017.
why hire white people when you can hire refugees for a 1/5th of the cost!

Meant for Sorry, I'm a retard.

>how to hash
Wat

what the hell

>I can't get a job but I won't tell you why
>PLEASE HELP ME THOUGH

really?

Hey can you guys help me found something I lost?

I can't tell you what I lost, how I lost it, or what it even is, but can you help me?

I can't begin to look for it myself until 6 months pass, for personal reasons.

Don't let people convince you of not using Ubuntu.

An Ubuntu detractor myself I still recommend it for the easy learning curve and fast setup.

I swear I'm about to start putting Hispanic on my applications. If they'll hire the browns over me I am going to start playing the game and fucking them over.

fuck you faggot I am homeless now

Get off Sup Forums and get a fucking job then you faggot.

I cannot stand the new definition of homeless. It doesn't mean you don't have a place of your own, it means you sleep in the park.

I'm hispanic and still no job. Nice try

look at this fucking loser.

thinks anonymous people on the internet care

plese

Learn sales dude. A good salesman can turn sand into gold.

well actually you cunt, I am going looking for a job tomorrow like I have been. there are no jobs here in the fucking country where there's nothing for miles around. You want me to look for a job a 8 pm? fucking retard. I have to walk everywhere I go because no license and no one to help me get one. I know no one with a car, the cities are at least 15 miles away and I walk EVERYWHERE. My situation is shit, I see people who have it better than me and still complain and guilt trip and manipulate people instead of doing things for their self like me. Things are getting so bad, I am not really allowed to stay where I am now because the person I live with even though they pay rent their landlord is a cunt that doesn't want anyone living there. And if you had any clue you would know that it's actually like that in a lot of places. I can be kicked out AT ANY TIME. My only real options are I can wait a little longer for and hope for my psychosis schizophrenic family member to get their place or call the local law authority and be taken to a fucking HOMELESS SHELTER. Do you have any idea how hard it is to even get hired somewhere? When's the last time you filled out a job application? I fucking HATE the older generations because they complain about having shit so hard, but do you know what they DID always have? OPPORTUNITY. Jobs fucking everywhere, the cost to go to a vocational school or college was minimal compared to now. Just admit that things are different than they were in your time grandpa. And some people really do have it hard off. Do you give a fuck? Of course not. Do I care? What the fuck do you think? I just wanted to let you know how much of a faggot you are. /rant

don't listen to shit comments on Sup Forums, it's Sup Forums after all. Just focus on the good comments.

somewhat agree with you

I'd say jobs are easy to find - but they aren't what anyone is looking for

you can work a full 40 hours at a minimum wage job and still not make enough to cover basic living expenses, with no money thrown away for entertainment or thrills whatsoever

how are you supposed to afford 800 in rent alone with a job that pays slightly over that a month, and still somehow be able to feed yourself, pay utilities, and afford a car to transport you to the workplace?

I am by no means a gommie, but people are out of their fucking minds when they say there is no such thing as the proletariat and the bourgeoisie

Start hitting up low tier normies to develop websites for them. Look for narcissists who want to be celebs. That's cake money.

>how are you supposed to afford 800 in rent alone with a job that pays slightly over that a month
by living with other poor people until you get your shit together

That is the problem, most poor people are not trustworthy

you can get buttmad if you want at that statement but it is totally true

I was a retail slave for 3 years, I would not have trusted any of the coworkers I had save a select few, and the ones that I did respect/trust were in similar positions to me (still young and not independent, living with parents, so not in a position where living with roommates is necessary)

with the way the US has removed jobs through relocation, foreign hires, automation, and this push of "you can't succeed unless you go to college, don't learn a trade", we have ruined ourselves and in turn we have people like the person I replied to

and I do not say that in a demeaning way, it is a genuine issue. Imagine if you wanted to work but you couldn't work because everything is stacked against you.
I am in college now btw, after working in the hell that is a service job I will do everything in my power to never go back

Spend a month networking instead. There are a million random jobs with no particular qualifications you can get that are way more of a sure thing than landing a webdev job at the drop of a hat with no qualification.

I burned out of CS in my second year and ended up just networking my balls off for a year while LARPing as a student. Got in with a telecom job doing technician work, then stepped over to a municipal job working on their com equipment. I current consult for the city on tech shit despite having no degree and basically no qualifications, I've just been doing this for eleven or twelve years. Once people know your name and connect it to some kind of work, they can help you get around.

tl;dr: Tame that autism and go looking for where the work needs doing and where you can get in now, the more time you spend on a job the better you can parlay it into something better and work on up. Never stop shaking hands, getting names, numbers, and telling people you're looking for more work. The ladder doesn't climb itself.

Well I must be doing shit wrong because in my experience it is not easy to get a job.

If you cant get basic job your not going to get a programming job you fuck wit.

>800 in rent
Move to a non-gommie city. I'd be a poorfag if I lived in a place like that, but here in bumfuck midwest I live a good life on a 48k salary.

ITT: we hypothesize why op won't tell us why he's going to be homeless
betting on it has something to do with getting caught with a dick in his mouth and his 18th is in 6 months

again I don't want to be talking too much smack, because I'm not you and don't know what happened to you, but have you tried bottom dollar jobs?

this one time I walked into a pizza place that needed people so badly he was willing to hire me in 3 days, and didn't even care about an interview

mcdonalds?
walmart?
janitorial work?

if I were in your position I would look at getting a used white van to do stealth camping and just park at random places

check out /r/vandwelling, i am not just trying to be "helpful" like most people would. vandwelling is my contingency plan if my life ever hits a point where I am absolutely fucked

reddit.com/r/vandwellers/

do not buy a plot of land and live in a vehicle on that land - there are zoning laws that prevent that, but if you go out rural enough where it is allowed, you will get robbed

mobile home living in a trailer park would be shit but if you already have nothing valuable then don't be too worried. you could always dress like shit but then change into a work uniform in the car or bathroom before starting work

what state

IN here, but I live in a well off community and I both hate and love that

love it because no niggers and what is basically a non existent crime rate, but hate it because I can't be independent for years to come. it is more economical to live in the next town over because of this. the cheapest studio I could find was $750 and that made me want to vomit in my mouth

Look for a coding boot camp with job interviews at the end. I know we make fun of those Normie but seriously it is a good way to learn useful shit with other people and get a coding job quick. If you can't find a good coding boot camp, go try to get an apprenticeship in a trade union or something. Apprentice electricians can make $17 an hour, basically paid to train, and you can easily pay for rent and food if you budget right on that wage. I know the trade thing isn't tech related but I don't want someone to go homeless.

>have you tried bottom dollar jobs?

literally the only type of jobs I have tried. I'm trying to not complain and keep trying to look for work but I ask you when was the last time you applied at mcd's for example? Let me tell you my story about it some time ago.

I went in there thinking what I am always told "it's mcdonalds, they hire everyone." I asked the lady behind the counter and the manager looks over and says "we only offer part time/ 25 hours a week" "Okay no big deal can I get an application? I would be happy to work anywhere. "you have to apply online" Okay no big deal I have a laptop. I do the application process and it is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen. You fill out at least 10 pages of bullshit, it seemed like more, then you take this test where they ask you question, after question, after question, basically profiling you. I don't get any callbacks or anything, I go in there and shaniqua and a mostly female crew gets hired no problem. I guess I need to be a gay tranny nigger to get a job. But I keep trying, because I don't have a choice.