People who use linux for things that can easily be done with windows

>people who use linux for things that can easily be done with windows
Explain yourselves, tardlords, why are you deliberately making your life harder by using linux ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
peppercarrot.com/
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tardlords
im only 20 iq pts behind a man (einstein) who debunked the majority of physics by thinking about trains. And seeing as physics deals with true complexity and other science do not, its even more reasonable for a 140 to be able to trash your kind than it was for a 160 to trash physics ;)
if ur iq was above 140 u wouldnt be as butthurt about the concept of a 140 hyp grad lurking this beta barn..
so the logical conclusion is that ur iq is lower than 140 (possibly much lower)

if you met me in real life you would instantly be blown into a world where all that mattered was getting me to acknowledge your existence and even hopefully be your friend... But i would probably find you to be a desperately uninteresting person and want you to exit my awareness as fast as possible.
the fact that i dont lie about my iq is what gives me the edge necessary to call you an inferior little girl who couldnt understand basic physics, and BE RIGHT ABOUT IT.

honestly if i woke up one morning and for some reason my thinking capacity had devolved to your level, it would take me less than 5 min to run to the kitchen and slit my throat...
maybe your going to tell me u work at goldman..
but ud still be way inferior, as is anybody who projects their iq to be higher than it is..

maybe thats the point, inferiorboy ;)

>he uses Linux for ¨fun¨

Windows is annoting and GNU/Linux is comfy :)
That's why. OP, do you think using Ubuntu is hard?

*you're

>posting frogs
>2011+6

>unironically thinking you're this above-it-all
You must be autistic

>he brags about IQ online
Don't you know IQ is irrelevant and at the end of the day just a FUCKING MEME.
Holy fuck, you're so autistic. I bet they could power google's servers for a year solely with your autism.

what you actually mean is
>people who use Linux for things that can easily be done using a third party Windows-only program which could be ported to Linux but the developer(s) refuse because Linux's marketshare is too thin
explain yourself Windows shill, why are you deliberately holding back progress by using a closed source and insecure operating system in order to drive developers away from porting their software on Linux

I didn't give you permission to reply to me. Listen, it was entertaining, first. Hell, it was actually funny.

But now I'm getting the feeling that you actually think that you're on my level. From the day I was born, I was destined for success, you little shit. I was brought into this world by a software engineer and and a prominent actuary, both of Norwegian descent. From the moment that the fucking curtains were raised, I was set to dominate the STEM fields. And because I had guardians that actually cared about me, I flourished. Pretty soon, I was placed into a special school of correspondence, specifically I.M Gelfand's school for gifted children in New England. I not only reached my parents' expectations, but I passed them with flying colors. I had raw talent. I was fucking better. I was surrounded by 6th graders, many from Hong Kong, whom were smarter than half the posters in this fucking thread. And now, where am I?

In MIT, getting my double BS in Electrical Engineering and Physics, with a Stanford-Binet tested IQ of 147 at age 17.

Get this through your head: you are nothing. I am worth more than your entire goddamn family. I'm smarter than you, better looking than you, taller than you, wealthier than you, and more employable than you. While you type out another post to get cheap laughs, I'll be simultaneously working with the brightest minds in the world and fornicating with my beautiful girlfriend. It gets on my nerves when people pretend to be better than me.

Know your place, you fucking vermin. Never, ever reply to my posts, again.

>replying o copypasta
Spotted the brainlets

>progress
If i wanted your kind of progress I'd just go back to using Unix you absolute fucking moron.

nice

>saving frogs from reddit

Reported so hard my reporting hand (right, fyi) gained a life of its own, clicking my mouse rapidly for 3 hours straight with such a tenacity it became clear arthiritis was the least of my worries, so clear was it that I could lose MY ENTIRE HAND to this bizarre possession. Suddenly my mouse smashed through my floor, pulling down my report hand as a hapless hostage. Smoke filled my bedroom and I woke up god knows how many hours later in a small village south of Aokigahara.

The people of this modest commune emerged slowly from their shacks, all of them viewing me with what I can
only describe as suspicion mixed with awe. Suddenly they began throwing spears into the air and running towards me. I SHAT BRICKS, but then they GRABBED ME and LUNGED ME INTO THE AIR, praising my name and kissing me. The chieftan came down later and over a feast-for-one explained I was to be crowned The Chosen One, the Kamisama of Reporting foretold in Nihonese folklore to appear in the year 2012. At this moment an old Japanese woman - she must've been 85 years old at least - began doing some kind of dance, spinning around in circles whilst singing "Sorairo Days" and throwing confetti into the air. I was DOWN with this state of affairs, let me tell you.

For 300 years I trained with the chieftan in his private dojo, reporting shitty threads, every day becoming quicker. At first I could report 10 threads per minute. After only 2 weeks I was up to 5 threads per second. After a century my KTPM (kuso thread per minute) rate rose to and stalled at 200 per second.

On the last day he graced our planet, my sensei bestowed one last task to me: the reporting of this thread, the shittest of all shit threads.

I did not respond with words. Rather, through our eyes he knew I would obey.

This one's for you, Otousan.

>girlfriend
I bet she loves you for who you are, not for how much money you're gonna make her. No, women love when men have a superiority complex.

>Explain yourselves, tardlords, why are you deliberately making your life harder by using linux ?
I use Linux because it makes my life easier. Why would I use an unfamiliar OS (Windows) and spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to do even the simplest shit?

Sup Forums I want you to understand why we hate you.
We dont hate you because what you say is "offensive". Remember where the fuck you are, we are each about one click away from watching women with 12 inch cocks fucking each other. And at one point this site even had guro and loli boards. Oh my god he said nigger! This totally shocks my unenlightened sheeple mind.

No, we hate you because you are the new furfags. You see, the problem with furfags wan't that they jerked off to furry shit. It was that they were so fucking obnoxious about it. Everything had to be made furry. Every forum avatar had to be a fursona. They had to constantly broadcast the fact that they were furfags to everyone, and when this was met with derision, they doubled down on their effort. They labeled the rational reaction to their faggotry "fursection" and actively set out to be the biggest faggots they could possibly be to combat it.

Stormniggers are exactly the same. I have yet to see a single board on this site that doesn't regularly have off topic derails about nigger, jews or trump. Always with craftyjew.jpg and A Wyatt Mann cartoons. I doesn't matter HOW off topic it is, Sup Forums users can't help but broadcast the fact that they are stormniggers.

What does the average IQ of blacks have to do with this thread? I mean, really what does it add to the conversation at all? Jack shit. All it does is send out a big loud signal to everyone in the thread that LOOK AT ME! I AM SO RACIST! YOU SHOULD BE OFFENDED!

TL;DR stormfags are just the same as furfags, only their "fursecution" is called "political correctness".

>be done with windows
>easily
Pick one

Hahahahaha, you're fucking retarded.

Explain how making my life simpler makes me fucking retarded?

Please don't reproduce
I met many retarded people in my years on this site but you easily made it into the top 10 with this

You actually don't understand shit, so please let me give you this one advice, and please take it:
You are horribly stupid and it hurts, don't ever try to spread the shit you believe to know about anything ever again.

Now please try to think about the shit you're telling us here for at least 5 minutes and maybe you find the giant flaws in your logic all by yourself.
No one is here to give you private lessons. Maybe google "How do computers work?".
If you still don't get it then, just kill yourself

because you're wrong and it's actually a lot nicer than working with windows or osx

i like the documentation better anyways

this pasta again
fuck this pasta
it annoys
me

Simple question to prove your worth:
What is the potential caused by a spheric surface with surface charge = sin(theta).
This is a easy question for a 3rd year physics student of a shity country.

>He uses linux in general
It's like you guys ask to be forever alone holy shit

Because Mint actually werks :^)

when i compare, all the hussles & tweaking in the 90-ties, needed to get some kernel 1.3 / 2.o.35 GNU/Linux up & running, on some Pentium1/24 MB ram or on classicAmiga_12oo 68o40/PowerPC_G2 hybridSymetricMultiprocessing; nowDays allmost every localised desktop distros (Mint, simplyMepis, AntiX, ubuntu,...) which i put in multiBoot, during gnuFeministic & cyberFeministic advocacy & activism, to new folk, who look for help inSide & outSide of a hackLab, i can say: -GNU/Linux is easier & less time consuming to install (halfAnHour per distro, compared to a day to patch, protect (fireWall), driverSolve & userLand (apps) equip any winblou$) -GNU/Linux is easier to use -- all the techical details are hidden from common desktop user, & left to root/admin realm...to the point that some desktop distros have their terminal/shell dissabled.. :) (control panels & centers reigns... :) ) -GNU/Linux saves time in general -- my estimate is 80 % after full switch (support) -you are on the legal side -- no cracking -one can recycle way old hw -- Pent2 / 64-256 MB ram with AntiX (exception to above is maybe hw egsotics like Debian GNU/Linux on new dual or Quad c0re Power6 AmigaOne x1ooo or x5ooo/4o 2.4 GHz :) & other non x86 hw like ARM/rasperyPi or the like. ) ...recently, we had an interesting phenomenon with g33ks in hackLab: experienced Slackware, Debian, Gentoo, arch,... powerUsers figured that, staying on a bleedeng rollingRelease tweakingTheLast edge "as-per-se" has no point any more, & that leaving developers, betaTesters, maintainers & packagers job is better to outSource to the people that do that things the best, so they switching to versionin "newbie" distros... :) ...actualy now than ever, it is more a question of psichologycal, sociologycal...maybe culture acceptance; than technical excelence.

>he really thinks so
I'm sorry.

you guys are really hecking dumb

Hi OP, thank for creating this thread to help to break some myths about linux, the following is pasta but relevant:

Kicad
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
Natron
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
Blender
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
Lightworks
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
Kdenlive
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
Unity3D
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
Opentoonz
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
Godot engine
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
BricsCAD VS Autocad
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
Bricscad
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
Freecad Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
Freecad BIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
Freecad & 3D printing
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
Gimp 2.10 features
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
How to install photoshop on wine
youtube.com/watch?v=lqgugAj69xw
Digikam
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
Pixar Film Production
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
Linux art 1
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
Linux art 2
peppercarrot.com/

>why are you deliberately making your life harder by using linux ?
i politely disagree about that notion.

Also if the games topic arises the following is pasta too but relevant:

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

can i get pic related environment exactly like so in less then 20 seconds of powering on my computer?

can i also navigate in that environment without even using the mouse?

it's just faster. i had windows xp on here, and windows 10 on here to test - it's an intel celeron, there's no way they were as good as linux.

forget pic

I just pause a moment. What are you talking like Linux, is in fact, GNU / Linux, or as I have recently taken to calling it, GNU + Linux. Linux is not an operating system itself, but rather another free component of a fully operational GNU system made useful by corelibs GNU shell utilities and vital system components including a complete operating system such as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but that's just part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates resources of the machine to the other programs you run. The core is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can function as part of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is actually GNU with Linux added, or GNU / Linux. All distributions called "Linux" are really distributions of GNU / Linux.

Linux has made my life easier since 1999. I'm fucking lazy and love the stability. I keep Windows confined to VMs for instant restore to clean Snapshots. Also useful for testing warez and crackz.

Linux has made not paying for any software easy.

sudo apt update /// 5 seconds
windows update /// 48 hours on 7 /// 3 hours on 10

fuck you

Wrong again.

Checked

Why does /sci/ have the best pastas?

What a snarky cunt, it's GNU/Linux and it gets under his skin because Stallman is absolutely right.

I hope I won't end up having to hunt you all down and kill you in your sleep.

Yeah that's why 99.9999999% of people call it 'Linux'
Does the fact that people won't acknowledge your neckbeard god get under your skin?

my life is easier and i feel alot better knowing whats going on in my machine

all those windows services and programs attatched to programs running in the background (i am looking at you boujour) always triggered my autism and got me spooked.

also windows needed and official live .iso

live linux usb sticks have saved me countless times - its a tech superpower

Honestly Ubuntu LTS isn't much harder than Windows - in fact it's easier in some ways.

As for why: To me it's a matter of principle. Microsoft is a shitty and harmful company, and I will never pay them.