/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Remember: Try not to be rude to people who just want some assistance, but don't tolerate people who won't accept any help.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Gateway-DX4375G-UW20-Desktop-processor-Windows/dp/B00EUQTSZI)
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137050&cm_re=470-_-14-137-050-_-Product)
pcpartpicker.com/user/nocoin/builds/#view=Mv6scf
pcpartpicker.com/list/PVb9nn
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20160429150508&SearchText=m2 standoff
digikey.com/product-detail/en/wurth-electronics-inc/9774040243R/732-7090-1-ND/5320695
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LdRPvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/rPZTFd
us.aoc.com/product_feature.php?id=15
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting my nice video game console I assembled with help from this thread

It runs runescape so fast

Ok we need some replies asap
Zen or Kaby Lake for gaymen? For rendering/editing? Expected prices?
Will Vega blow away any nvidia cards at the same price point? Or will the 1080ti reign supreme and the battle of $400 GPUS begin?

Win 10 or 8.1 for gaming?

Not sure if I want to get Win 10 when there's a lot of mixed reviews here, what do you guys recommend?

10 for gaymen now or in the future, that's basically fact
Dual boot if the botnet scares you

I got a NVIDIA 750 (non TI), I would like to change it. Keep in mind everything is overpriced here, what's a good GPU for 1080p gaming?

Should i replace my i5 2500 for Intel Xeon W3690 ?

Does it give you an edge 1 ticking noobs in the wildy?

RX 480 4GB
GTX 1060 6GB
Dude I can pick flax so fast is nuts

1050ti is also a cheap 1080p card if you're cool with lowering settings
470 is a great budget 1080p card
460 doesn't quite have the power to hold up high 1080p settings at 60fps

FX 6300
R9 380
Gigabyte 990X
Working like a charm.

Dude AMD hasn't been in top anything for a long long time, possibly never. The chances of this actually being worth a shit is pretty low.

Even if it is on par, you can get the intel equivalent right now. AMD is always playing catch up. I doubt anything will ever change , even this.

I always thought they had the affordable multicore department on lock (Intels multicore options are relatively new and crazy overpriced), and going by *AMDs personal* benchmarks it looks like they'll still have the multicore area to themselves, seperated from Intel by price, not by performance
It's the single core performance people keep arguing over, I personally don't think it'll match the Intel core series (and the one single-threaded benchmark I've seen *with lower than promised zen clocks* agrees)
I have my Intel CPU and I know I won't need to upgrade for 10 years, but it's just nice to see where the market shifts happen
I do think the hype is just completely fucking uncalled for though, without any objective data yet

What are requirements for crossfire, when it comes to motherboard? Just the two PCI Express x16 slots?

Is a B150 motherboard a good choice for crossfire with two RX480 graphics cards ?

Can't crossfire on a B150. Need H170 or Z170 for mGPU. Look up differences in chipsets

If you don't have a 6 or 8-pin PCIe power connector, you're stuck with a 1050Ti

Win10, but it sucks for anything else

It's just slot specs, all he needs is two x8 slots or above, or even get away with one in a x4 slot

Are you retarded or trolling?

on mobile at the moment so too lazy
>FX8350
>XFX RX 480 4gb
>8GB 1600
>970A-D3SP mobo

This isn't a specs thread. If you're planning to buy that shit new you are stupid. Used is fine

Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2
AMD A10-7850K
8GB 2400mhz
Radeon R9 390

>having this much space to store your air

good job now apply more fan's

should I go mini-itx when ryzen drops

will they make a high end chipset m-itx motherboard with lots of usb ports and m.2 and shit like absolute MADMEN

what's the current king of mitx friendly GPUs?

what case fans should I buy. I only have the two that came with my case

I have the same card, is yours hot and loud as fuck?

Not really but I haven't gamed all day with it yet

>all he needs is two x8 slots or above, or even get away with one in a x4 slot

Regarding gfx card, the king is GTX1070 (a 1440p card), but any RX4X0 or GTX10X0 is fine for mini-ITX. None consume much more than 150W

Who knows what AMD's board partners will do, but the specs for the AM4 chipsets have already been released.

I could understand if you bought an AM4 socket APU as a hold over until Zen, but really you have a retarded build. The CPU portion is about equivalent to an FX4350, so you're going to bottleneck the fuck out of that 390.

TL;DR you are fucking retarded and got memed. Pic related

I got a question?
I am currently using this pc (amazon.com/Gateway-DX4375G-UW20-Desktop-processor-Windows/dp/B00EUQTSZI) and I want to put a Rx 470 (newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137050&cm_re=470-_-14-137-050-_-Product) in it.
Will it fit in the case, and if it can will it have temperature problems because the case lacks any intake or exhaust fans?
I have a 550W psu so power won't be an issue.

>No sign if galax will release their single slot 1070 outside of chinkland

fuck

Keep current card for a bit or wait for vega and hope the 1070 or 1080 go down in price? I regret buying the 1060 3gb version.

You need to fucking read the post above yours. Why are all these retards coming in here suggesting wasting money on a gfx card that will be hamstrung?

Regarding your temperature question, yes, the lack of case fans is a big problem. It's likely that the card would throttle.

>16GB system memory
>3GB GPU memory

Are you into self-memeing this hard?

Why regret? It's fine for 1080p, like you've got.
There aren't even any great 4K cards out right now. You're really looking at the 1080Ti or possibly Vega.

Of course, you can get away with a lesser card, but if you're already forking over money for 4K, may as well spend the extra few hundred for a good card.

I would like to understand more about what he did wrong

It was originally a single 8gb stick of ram, a Gigabyte H110m-A mb, and a I5-6400 for a budget build around $600, then I started to upgrade.
>Are you into self-memeing this hard?
It just kind of happened lol.

Good point i'll wait it out, ya 1080p is basically flawless on this build.

Study the attached graphic and the one in the previous post.

Basically you want a CPU that can properly feed the gfx card (i.e., does not bottleneck the gfx card). You really need to see whether you can upgrade your APU to a better four thread APU and then get a used r9 380, because that's about the most power the better APU will be able to handle

What think?

not bad, I hope your EVGA 1080 isn't a house fire.

X99/100

Everything I checked says it'll run around 510W. 1080 and DDR4 use a lot less power.

Fair enough.

If it plays your games at >60fps (because lol it's another meme alert - 60hz) then just sit tight.

Z170 ASRock PRO4S
i5 6600k
r9 290

enjoying my 350fps in rocket league :D

expansion slots and drive bays /10

I like it. Another person who isn't falling for the tiny case meme

I think he's talking about how EVGA ACX 3.0 cards don't have VRM thermal pads / a direct connection to the heat sink fin array and some cards were overheating the VRM's. EVGA did a recall / offered to send out thermal pads to owners for free.

Never heard of that. I'll have to look into it.

Price and parts used?

pcpartpicker.com/user/nocoin/builds/#view=Mv6scf

Route the mobo power connector similarly to the SATA connection to the mobo. Also the PCIe card should be in one of the small slots

Again, not a specs thread.

pcpartpicker.com/list/PVb9nn
fuck that shit up

Nothing that needs to be fixed right now. I'm gonna be lazy for a while.

the higher stock oc 460's with good coolers are good for max 1080p 50/60fps

sapphires 4gb nitro one for example, the performance over the regular 2gb ones is definitely worth the extra 20/30$ and 6 pin requirement

>he's not fucking around

>pcpartpicker.com/list/PVb9nn
Nice quads, but
>Seashit
>Buying windows

AG's can build better PC's than MN's believe it or not.

ah, forgot to switch in a smaller one and sdd

yeah, buyin windows :/

Lie. You only need a chromebook to check google weather.

No SSD / 10
Probably overpaying for your needs

>no m2 ssd
>paying full-price for windowsd

see >overpaying for what i need, nah son

Sata ssd, pcie ssd or m2 ssd?

you can literally build a G3900 PC for $150

why do the general public not know this?

why do moms have fucking i5 PC's that cost almost $1000?

why do they say things like "my computer is old and i need a new one"

why do prebuilt manufacturers tell people they need a new computer when their HDD dies because they didnt have a UPS rather than tell them they can get a $19 250 gig WD which is more than they'll ever need and a $50 APC UPS?

Anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement m2 ssd standoff?

aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20160429150508&SearchText=m2 standoff

digikey.com/product-detail/en/wurth-electronics-inc/9774040243R/732-7090-1-ND/5320695

Alright so because Australia sucks for PC parts I have a very limited choice of HDDs

I just want a 1-2TB 3.5" for 80-110AUD.
Basically my choices are
-WD Blue, Red, Black
-Most Seagate models
-Toshiba DT01ACA

I would go for the black but it's apparently noisy as fuck which I can't have in my build. What is my least shit option?

Wd Blue.

build virgin here

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/LdRPvV

how's my build? particularly interested in the following points:

- is the HDD decent quality? don't want to cheap out on it
- will it all fit in the case?
- need extra thermal compund or wires?
- need more fans?
- should I get a power supply closer to 500W?

another point of interest:

- how's the GPU? should I go with a different brand?

Sup
Where can I get a mechanical keyboard with ISO layout from a USA seller??

>onee-chan

>Dual boot if the botnet scares you
>implying you were ever safe by running m$ on bare metal

>>>/mkg/

>I7-6700k
>$457
It's cheaper on Newegg.

>onee-chan

this some futa shit yo

By like 8 bucks, shipping may factor in.

don't care about the price that much since I'll be paying for this with scholarship bux

That just means you can buy more shit :). It's $350 if you buy directly from newegg and free shipping.

Odd question but

Can video be fed into a GTX 970 at all? Is there any function on the card that allows that at all? Video in through any of the ports on it.

▲▲

Free shipping to australia? Read his link in his first post. Those prices are all AUD SENPAI.

Hahaha what

yeah like said, australia is shit when it comes to pc parts

Can anyone recommend a good small PSU for an ITX build? 300w will be enough.

Would help if you could explain why.
Aren't the reds technically 'better' than the blues? If my budget allows me to spend more shouldn't I spend more?

Hey I'm also a first time builder in australia going for a very similar set up
What's your build's purpose? You may want to go for a 2TB HDD or get an external for storage

just all-round use i guess, i start uni in two months, BaAdvSci(Hons), so i'll probably be using some computational software like mathematica or matlab. also tv shows and movies. probably a lot of games too (hence the 1070). i've just used the same old laptop and pc all my life so i want a nice high end pc that i can use reliably and upgrade for 5-10 years. i already have a 1TB external HDD so I think I'll only need another 1TB for now, at least until you can buy 5TB SSDs for $100.

>Running a Dell Opti MT 790
>Factory MOBO with i5 2400
>Threw an $80 EVGA GT 740 in it last summer
>Use the machine for shitposting and playing vidya
>Actually considering upgrading the PSU to some 500W or 650W and getting a Zotac GTX 1060

I'm poor and stupid, would the upgrades work? Or would they toast my mobo?

Yeah you seem to be all set then. Sorry I can't really comment on your current build
Good luck for your first year of Uni

Depends on whether the connection between the PSU and the mobo is proprietary.

Make sure the power supply can fit in that case. Dell cases sometimes have some proprietary bullshit going on that doesn't fit with normal ATX stuff. I'd just play it safe and stick to a 1050ti and keep your current power supply.

Hey /pcbg/,

I'm looking for a high FPS 1080p build. I've been working on this for a bit, but I wanted to know general opinions on it, or things to streamline a bit.

I keep jumping back and forth between the graphics card, the case (Which supposedly does fit the EVO and has front USB 3.0 ports despite what partpicker says), and whether to use 8 or 16gb ram.

Budget should keep it around this same area, $700-800 USD. Any suggestions or help to offer? Thanks in advance, guys.

pcpartpicker.com/list/rPZTFd

us.aoc.com/product_feature.php?id=15

yay or hay

Just like to point out that you have a non-k, non-overclockable intel CPU in your setup.
6600K is what you're looking for.

I'd like to thank this thread and the anons who browse it for helping me find the right parts and build a capable computer.
My last machine had a GTX 645, so this definitely feels like an upgrade.

where's a good place to buy an OS? no gnu pls, I have to do solidworks, Autocad, Cam programs too. I'd also like to game.

I looked at Kinguin and their 25$ keys, but I'm unsure if they're legit.

Thanks for the help. I did some research and the mobo's power through the PCIe x16 slot is "designed for a 35 watt draw" or something like that. I'm probably better off building a whole new machine for anything nicer..

>Dat monitor.

Wew.

Just buy em with a visa gift card or something.
If it goes bad, the kinguin insurance policy should cover you.