FUCKING STUPID PIECES OF SHIT. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING STUPID PIECES OF SHIT. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck. I hate those "funny programming pictures xD" so god damn much and this one makes me cringe really hard.
Programming is not fucking hard. Period. That's a fact.
Finding a good solution to a problem can be hard though.

I am so god damn glad that I picked CE over CS. We have a lot of retards too, but not as much as CS got

Other urls found in this thread:

opengl.org/registry/doc/glspec44.core.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=UOmRbEPn4Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i did pure math, less retards there than CE + CS combined

To people with IQ inferior to 120 (meaning most people), I guess programming can be hard. Perhaps confusing is a better word.

Take a look at it from the perspective of the people saying it. Sure, it's not particularly hard unless you're doing something that's fairly impressive but for someone whose browser looks like pic related it's black magic.

Confusing might be a good word, but all those little fucks always talk about how hard it is.
But as soon as you solved the underlying problem it is ALWAYS the same (except for some special language related stuff maybe).

its very har tdthat why i hvemy anime to help me along :)

math doesn't even exist, you faggot. enjoy your """knowledge""" about something that simply isn't real.

>Finding a good solution to a problem can be hard though.
That is programming

Finding a good solution to a problem is pretty much what everyone wants while programming though.

That's computer science or development though.
For me programming is merely the process of typing it out.

Have fun without LTE then, if you don't wanna accept complex numbers :-)

I hate people that program who stick their nose up to algorithms and data structures.

i think it's the most fundamental topic to CS

The only hard part of programming is when whoever wrote the functionality is dumb and there are lots of contradictions.

Abstraction takes a lot of thought, and is what separates good programmers from poo in loos

Being able to program very simple, basic procedures in a given language by knowing the tools of the language is one thing.

Building a complex software over the course of several months is another thing completly, and it exposes you to problems that aren't on the same scale at all.

You have the "oops, didn't use the right data structure because I don't know the language well enough" problem, and the abstract problems that will harm the way all the pieces of your software work together.

Programming is the process of developing a solution to a problem, breaking it down into your applied computer science principles (object oriented blackboxes, functions as data, etc), and then using a programming language to apply these concepts, a compiler or interpreter to create the program and whatever else may come with it.

Computer science is the theory behind applied principles. Coding is what you do in your text editor and typically coding differs from programming when you are writing a simple procedural instruction set to a computer to perform a set of basic tasks in a high level language (make an ordered folder list in ruby, hardly programming, more coding).

Programming is easy, though. Its just encoding algorithms into a language a computer can run. The hard part is in coming up with the algorithms, but most of the important ones have already been discovered. People doing semi-difficult work just take the old ones now and use math and logic to apply them in unique ways or find ways to shorten them. The rest of us just take what those guys did and debug our own mistakes when we use those algorithms to do whatever bullshit our boss or professor wants. It's not a difficult task, especially when the algorithms are already handed to you, just time consuming to remix them and a battle of willpower to not give in and say "fuck this I quit".

>I hate people that program who stick their nose up to algorithms and data structures.

The reason this happens is that nowadays, performance is so high that you can get away with unefficiency much more easily, and you don't need to know the tricks people had to think of back when performance was crucial.

I agree with you though, these people are degenerates

programming is hard

try writing a DDR4 driver

or implementing the OpenGL specification

or a compiler

or writing some engineering software like Altium Designer or Matlab

80% of performance will come from 20% of code

and if you look at a lot of software, 80% of the code is someone else's library

Maintaining a healthy level of sanity around designers is hard.

I do not understand why companies put designers in charge of projects. I've met hardly any web designers that can grasp the concept of how people will use a website.

Instead, they design shit based on their "artistic" visions and send off the developers which usually is followed by screaming from the other end of the computer.

Fucking designers.

>Why is this here?
>"It makes the page pop"
>The client isn't asking for this and it makes no sense
>"There's too much negative energy on the page, we're trying to close the void"

I... hate... designers.b

>Kuldeep Jha

>following a specification is hard you guys

Okay maybe it's because I'm still in school but almost all of the programming I do is related to data structures and algorithms. How can anybody call themselves a programmer if they can't code up an arbitrary struct and the necessary functions to use it?

This isn't a brag of some kind, I'm not even above average at any of it. I just don't get how one can code their way out of a paper bag without fundamental shit like that.

it can be

intel x86 specification has more pages than the 6502 has transistors

opengl 4.4 spec is almost 800 pages

opengl.org/registry/doc/glspec44.core.pdf

There is a difference between something being hard and something is taking a long time.

sitting at a bus station takes a long time and it isn't hard

those are hard

I'm an web designer for Textron. It depends on the customer base. Some clients would actually prefer prettiness over functionality. Especially customers who buy million dollar planes like ours.

I work at a software company (not a programmer, I work in payroll) and I regularly use an in-house software that was clearly designed by programmers. It does everything you need it to do, but the UI makes absolutely no fucking sense. A lot of it looks like they decided to add new functionality to it after it was halfway built, so they just crammed half-baked ideas into the existing design at various stages of development instead of redesigning anything.

Doing a fine job of anything isn't easy.

im such a nerddd LOL

>For me programming is merely the process of typing it out.
If you're already not using accepted definitions of English words, why don't you just say that "easy" means "hard" so they all agree with you.

Whenever they see a set of data, they put them in a list. Not because the size of the set is unknown, but because "that worked for their last assignment". When they want to retrieve or add data, they do it with a for-loop, traversing the data - not because the order is unknown, but because - ye you get it.

Tbqh grading should be tougher on these things. Most BS-graduates in my school can't implement and use any type of graph/tree structure, because dumb structures are allowed.

Your school sounds like a bootcamp.

CE in top-100 Tech University in Northern Europe

We have the same problem at my school in the US. For my data structures class you could complete all of the assignments using a vector and you would receive full marks.

>CE
>retards
Nah m8. There are zero women or non-asian minorities in CE.

All programming jobs boil down to the same thing:

Take a:
>small number of really fucking big problems
Turn them into:
>fucking big number of really small problems

Everything else is just implementation details that, for most people, will be proscribed by some combination of best practices or current fads that the company likes.

The only thing that makes it difficult is the sheer number of idiots who managed to get in the back door as diversity hires, slave labor, or jacob's cousin larry.

youtube.com/watch?v=UOmRbEPn4Do

>Tfw getting substantial scholarship to go major in CE in 8 months
Holy fuck I can't wait.

Yeah my cs1 and cs2 classes would never have let that shit slide. The assignments would be like making a quick/merge sort, or a working binary tree, recursive shit and backtracking like maze algos.

Even if the problems only required arrays or loops, it would be a dynamic programming problem where you needed intuition to see how to build all the solutions.