/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering...

/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, social engineering, hacking, tricks, etc.

Daily Programming Thread: Web Dev General: How To Become a Hacker: catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Learning
cybrary.it/
n0where.net/
offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed
resources.infosecinstitute.com/
windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/
sans.org/reading-room/
corelan.be/index.php/articles/
opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html
blackhat.com/html/archives.html
securitytube.net/

News/CVE releases
threatpost.com/
deepdotweb.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
cvedetails.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
rapid7.com/db/
0day.today/

Wargames
overthewire.org/wargames/
pentesterlab.com/
itsecgames.com/
exploit-exercises.com/
enigmagroup.org/
smashthestack.org/
3564020356.org/
hackthissite.org/
hackertest.net/
0x0539.net/
vulnhub.com
ringzer0team.com/
root-me.org/
microcorruption.com/
starfighter.io/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UOmRbEPn4Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

>linking 'how to be a hacker' by eric s. raymond
>ISHYGDDT

>Wargames
wtf does that have to do with anything

>trying to play bandit on OTW
>keep getting disconnected when I have to get up and do shit
>tfw

>getting metagamed this hard

youtube.com/watch?v=UOmRbEPn4Do

Kill yourself and this shit thread

I've been getting into systems programming with C and started reading The Art of Exploitation. I'm only on chapter 2 and I've already found it pretty useful for helping with my debugging.

What is a Gibson and how do I hack one?

Complete beginner here. I am hoping to get knowledgeable enough to participate in CTF competitions. I already have some programming experience.

What should I do after I read the Art of Exploitation? Practice with overthewire?

to learn the basics in different technologies like network, linux and other OS? To get a feeling of security options and failures? How to start with any shit? Thats the sense behind it.

I want this general to take off, I really do so perhaps be a bit less needy in the OP

Just start entering CTFs.
You probably won't be able to finish most of the challenges but it really doesn't matter.

Not enough people are pposting in these threads because real hakcers are busy working for capitalism or simply dont want to teach others to learn the trade without discovering by themselves.

Also everyone on Sup Forums is just a bunch of chinese phone freak amateurs

Okay so I had router issues and did a full restart which reset the network settings. The old WEP key was 16 digits, however trying to get it back, WEP only allows 10 digits. I'm wondering how I ever had a 16 digit key if WEP only allows 10 or 26.

Okay nvm it seems like it was WPA2. However, still don't see how it could have been a 16 digit code when I need 64 digits.

Nvm again, it was ASCII. Fuck me, fixed.

Actually try going through the resources you're linking instead of posting the same thread daily hoping to be spoonfed.

stupid question about ipv6 and the prefixes, not sure if this is the right place to ask

I'm having trouble understanding what the router delegated prefix quite means. If an IPv6 begins with that prefix, does it mean it went through that router?

debug THIS
*unzips nopslide*

What is the best password manager for a webdev that need to store extremely sensitive login information? I need to store it locally, and i prefer it not communicate with my web browsers at all. Just a good old fashioned offline password manager. Would be cool if i can store keys init aswell. Any tips?

Keepass

the best way and without any proprietary tools?
>generate a txt file
>insert username and password
>gpg -c ./yourtxt
>give it a fcking symmetric cipher
>when you want to decrypt gpg -d
>done