Mid-range 2-in-1 laptop suggestion?

Hey folks. My old laptop is a desktop now (no battery, no keyboard, no trackpad). So, I need something for on the go. I do 3D stuff, so I was hoping to get something cheap, but not useless. My budget is around $600 max. I was hoping for a touchscreen convertible or some such thing, but if there's a really good alternative, it's not super important to me. I'm sad the 8gb RAM surface 4 is so expensive.

tl;dr: What laptop should I get:

$600
Recommended Specs: 8Gb RAM, 2.0+ Ghz CPU, 128+Gb SSD (I like SD cards, too)
Any recommendations? I would love a HP Spectre x360 if anyone has one lying around.

I've been looking at Acer Switch Alpha 12, Acer Aspire R7, HP, Spectre X2

Thank you all!

Have a look at the Lenovo Yoga 710
Might have to shell out a bit more though

Also, Sup Forums isn't your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>Lenovo Yoga 710
thanks for the tip. I'll take a look. I'm just wondering what people have to say, see if there's a general feeling for what folks like at the moment.

There's loads of crap in the 2-in-1 range desu, I'd suggest getting a Skylake processor over a Core M though. Core M's are fanless but less powerful which it sounds like you might need a bit of if you're doing 3D stuff.

Got it! Thanks

Surface pro *

Try the Dell outlet for a 5378 or a 7378, I got a 5000 with i7 7500U, 16GB, 256GB SSD for $450+tax

very expensive. I can't afford that
holy crap those specs are amazing. Thanks very much my good sir/madam!

I'd check out the Lenovo U410. If you can get one used or refurbished, they're pretty cheap. Got my old one for $500 and it runs pretty well.

Also, check out the Dell Inspiron models. You can get some decent specs for a decent price.

Looking at the inspiron, I saw very good specs for a very reasonable price. The only problem is that it doesn't strike me as particularly portable. It's a little heavy, and has bad battery life to boot. Portability is something I'm looking for, since I'm used to having what amounts to a desktop at the moment

>acer
>ever

LENOVO THINKPAD YOGA 12

> 2-in-1 laptop
Why do you even want these? You wanna make a fashion statement? If you just want to draw get a graphics tablet like wacom intuos. Costs for graphics tablets can range from 50-100+ dollars. They are more accurate than a touch screen, and will last 10+ years.

at my price point, I've been noticing it's either get a 2-in-1, get an ultra book, or get a $1000 laptop, which I'm not interested in...

Im looking at the yoga 510 right now, its had a massive price drop in the UK. Its lower speced than what you're looking for though.

I got the Aspire R7, I love it so far. Only issue I've had is the lag when switching to tablet mode (about 3-5 second lag).

picked it up for $748 after taxes

hey OP, take a look at the lenovo miix 510 /miix 700 as well

some of them have digitizer touch screen.

well it's the switching software need to be update. Switch manually on notification/action centre.

I'd just get the 710 for £600 desu

That's almost twice my budget. The 510 at the now reduced price has pretty decent specs.

Why wouldn't you want it? Do you only use your smartphone in landscape mode? Using touch is a much better input mode any time you're using the laptop anywhere that isn't a desk.

op here. I bought the Acer Switch Alpha 12 for $500 (6th gen i5, 8gb ram, 256Gb ssd) from ebay. It'll be a week then I'll know if I made a good choice. Thanks for the help folks, those were some good suggestions