Alright you guys. Should I return a tv that I got for Christmas because it has a single dead pixle?

Alright you guys. Should I return a tv that I got for Christmas because it has a single dead pixle?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, otherwise that thing will irritate you for the next decade.

That's a stuck one, but yeah return it.

tap it 30 times!!!! xDDDD

yes thats annoying

lol does that actually work or is it just a reddit maymay

Yeah, i had a laptop years ago with a single stuck pixel that was red, and while I got over it it did get annoying especually when watching dark movies or something... it was near the edge of the screen at least but i would say take it back because even if you learn to not see it you still will

Blue pixel = stuck, not dead

Find a stuck pixel repair video. It'll just quickly alternate between colours and might fix your issue. Otherwise, yes, return it. You paid for a working product, which this is not.

On a white screen, that tells you the red and green subpixels are dead.

Do this Otherwise yeah, return it. You didn't pay for a half-working product.

Yes. Do you really need Sup Forums's seal of approval for this?

>buying gookshit
Can't for the short ones to nuke that southern hive

It works on stuck pixels but only temporarily. It will return again in days or sometimes months or years, but it will return. In repair shop we just the rubber eraser end of a pencil to push onto the screen firmly where the dot is until the screen bottoms out (goes black/white from pressure) then release and the pixel should unstuck as it completes the circuit again in the crystals.

Definitely, that is not an unreasonable thing to do

this user is right

do you really want to look at that shit for the next 10 years?

There's no guarantee the next one won't have more. Usually there is an allowance for a certain number of stuck pixels on tv's. The pixel policy should be fairly easy to find on the manufacture's support section.

My tv has a stuck green one, but I've long forgotten or noticed it. If it was a monitor you're viewing closely, I would certainly try at least once, but a tv I'm not so sure. How many times are you willing to exchange to get a pixel perfect set?

I should add we charge the cost of a new panel + installation and labour fees while only doing this.

Fuck the best buy Jew just do it

>we charge the cost of a new panel + installation and labour fees while only doing this.

I use it for a tv and a monitor I was just wonder if return a tv for just one dead pixel was justifiable

Check the warranty, there may be a minimum dead/stuck pixel clause that would mean you aren't covered for a replacement.

It may also fix itself, my monitor had a dead green subpixel when I got it but after a few months it's gone. I can't find it anymore.

He could probably exchange using the store policy without using the actual warranty conditions, but if all sets are allowed 0-6 stuck pixels it's still a game of chance.

For a monitor with static images, I would certainly try exchanging it. That's how I noticed my green pixel in the first place.

that is diabolical.

You cheeky genius.

It is not a matter of should you return it, but whether they will allow you to return it.

One dead pixel at 60Hz, for an hour. You missed out on 216,000 pixels op. Return it and sue for damages.

wow thats a lot of missed pixels. I cant even imagine how many pixels OP might miss out on in the next few years.

Well once you consider the limits of the human eye at 24fps you're missing half those pixels even if it worked...

I just got a 4K OLED TV. I dare not look for dead/stuck pixels. What I don't know about won't irritate me. Best not to go looking for them.

Wait, if that 24fps thing is true, then why people are so obsessed with the 60fps maymay?

Consumerism and elitism.
[spoiler] Don't trust people on Sup Forums you dunce[/spoiler]

>24fps
With 2-3 shutters per frame - the eyes see a frame, then a blank image for an instant, then the same frame, a blank image, the same frame, a blank image, the next frame, a blank image, and so on. This tricks our brain to see a fluid movement instead of still images.

Whitout the shutters you need to use more frames per second.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

some manufacturers require 3 dots

some? i'd say most, if not all.

they don't give a fuck about your dead pixels nowadays, they will laugh you off. especially laptop companies.

That's basically just a way of saying, "fuck you, we aren't fixing it"

1 pixel is just as bad as 3 pixels.

What's a good way to induce more dead pixels if the assholes won't reimburse?

live in a country with non shitty consumer protection

60fps is the apple of gaymen

Often it's not the display itself that is faulty, but the driver chip.

Usually delivery terms state a maximum allowable number of dead pixels. If you return this with only one dead pixel they probably tell you to get a cry.

Just run a magnet over it to render the pixel in unstuck. Magnet will make it cycle through the colors in about ten seconds which could fix your issue.

I had the same problem.

>"maymay"
kill yourselves