8 CORE RYZEN BEATEN BY 4 CORE INTEL CPU IN VIDEOGAMES

8 CORE RYZEN BEATEN BY 4 CORE INTEL CPU IN VIDEOGAMES

IT'S OVER

AMD IS FINISHED, THEY LIED AGAIN

BULLDOZER 2.0

LMAOOOOOOO GET KEKED

>Despite already being hampered by its scaled back frequency, the Ryzen chip performed quite well in grueling calculation testing. The eight-core AMD processor was beaten only by the eight-core i7 6900k, and bested the six-core i7 6800k.

In a gaming head-to-head, the AMD chip stumbled a bit, largely due to the fact that the vast majority of games don’t fully take advantage of the huge number of cores it boasts. Most titles use four cores or less, and don’t see noticeable improvements past that, which is why the quad-core i7 6700k came out on top in testing. Intel’s CPUs also take up the next five spots, with AMD’s new chip sliding in at 7th place.

bgr.com/2017/01/02/amd-zen-vs-intel-ryzen-i7-benchmark-comparison/

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2017/01/02/amd-zen-vs-intel-ryzen-i7-benchmark-comparison/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

basically that moar cores meme is still relevant, unlike amd hehe

DELET

>gaymen

that's 80% of the people that would have bought ryzen

nobody will buy this when it's outperformed by a cheap ass 4 core cpu

it's over for amd

finished

done

cUckolded

>look mom i posted it again

>intel takes over gaymen
>amd takes over AI and scientific computing

Good riddance.

>ignores the fact it btfo'd 6800k in compute
>doesnt link to actual benchmark
>review site (canardPC) ran a lower clocked engineering sample at 3.3 ghz, say sretail boost clock is at least 3.6 and can OC to 5ghz on air

Make 3957 more intel posts and you can earn yourself a new pentium, apply at intel social services today!

>amd takes over AI and scientific computing
You mean nvidia?

>8 CORE RYZEN BEATEN BY 4 CORE INTEL CPU IN VIDEOGAMES

It was a 4 GHz Intel vs a 3.3 GHz Ryzen, and it only won by something like 5%.

That means Ryzen is faster clock to clock.

>nvidia
>AI and science
What?

inb4 pic of elon musk and nvidia CEO

I'm guessing this is because of Intel's Parallel Studio being used in the game industry. Does AMD have an equivalent high-speed C++ compiler? Would be great if they did, enough getting cucked by the intel monopoly.

>what is nvidia DGX-1
as expected of gaymur poojeet

>bgr.com/2017/01/02/amd-zen-vs-intel-ryzen-i7-benchmark-comparison/

" 3.3GHz frequency with half of its cores being used, while the 6700k is running at a much faster 4.0GHz"

Good try OP

>AMD is back

Fucking. Finally.

Yeah the Zen looks great if it's really going to be $500. If it's any pricier I might as well get a 6800k for $400 though

AMD is gonna blow the roof of CES this year

>Trump wins
>Vulkan beats DX12
>AMD now holds bark with both Nvidia and Intel

2017 is gonna be good.

did you even read the article?
The 6700k beats the 6900k in games too.

And he even concludes that- clock for clock, the amd chip is faster.
Just crank up the cpu to 4ghz and you'll be gold.

If AMD stopped focusing on the more core meme and actually worked to increase single-core performance, you wouldn't have this issue.

haven't seen I(nt|sra)el this worked up in a long time
it's not like zen was just announced so what the fuck have they've been doing? just letting marketing/jidf shitpost around the net isn't gonna help when your competitor is bringing out new stuff and trying to catch up

the haifa unit don't exactly blind you with their brilliance..

>what are quadro cards?

8-core is going to be pretty standard in the next generation. cpu's can't get much faster per core without getting larger in size at this point.

The problem is just game performance currently maxes out at 4 cores at this point in time. there are some optimized for better performance on multi core cpu above 4 cores but they're a rarity at this moment.

obsolete

you know that the 6900k is 8c/16t right?
and your quote said that it performed better than the 6c/12t 6800k

tell me how the 6700k beat it then

>half of its cores being used
Not a fair comparison. Someone should come up with a list of PC news websites bough out by apple, Microsoft and Intel.

>But remember, the AMD chip in this test is running at a modest 3.3GHz frequency with half of its cores being used, while the 6700k is running at a much faster 4.0GHz

nice b8, OP.

I'm reserving judgement until I see how well Summit Ridge OCs on mobos with quality VRMs.

>amd users

good thing nvidia sent the kid a 980 though

Notice how all of the (shit)posts about Zen don't acknowledge the difference in clockspeed or that it performs about on par with Intel's own 8 core chip if you take into account the clockspeed difference.

>implying that the fucking compute backbone of industrial, resource extraction, military, scientific and biochemistry firms is not Nvidia Tesla GPUs

>implying that Nvidia quadro cards arent mandatory, unavoidable parts of all design, modelling, machine learning, simulation, and visualization work

>fucking implying nvidia doesnt have an unshakeable monopoly on professional partner certified driver packages for everything from the top discovery and design firms to the daily work of avionics / aerospace applications

Nvidia hardware and software has almost certainly saved your fucking life at some point.

B-BUT MUH BUTTCOIN FARMS

/thread

>>Vulkan beats DX12
keep believing that fag, Vulkan was DOA
>AMD now holds bark with both Nvidia and Intel
kek

>I perfer Intel
>BUT AMD IS BETTER
>Intel CPUs have better performance in every scenario, particularly single threaded tasks which is particularity important
>FUCK YOU BUY AMD!

>The ultimate retardation of this thread

Like the other guy said, Trump winning + my $10k investment in AMD stock sextupling over the year have made America great again. Ryzen is going to BTFO intel in 2017. Vega on the way soon after. What a time to be alive.

>still citing one benchmark with flawed methodology

i7-6700k also beat all the lower clocked 8 core Intels.

IPC results are yet to be seen.

Don't be such a consumer whore that you start identifying yourself with the products you're sold.

>4 core intel beats 8 core intel for gaymin
INTEL BTFO
INTEL ON SUICIDE HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER
#AMDREDTEAM
#BETTERRED
kys urself op

>AMD single core performance isn't as good as intel's
>literally anyone surprised, ever
pick one

>LMAOOOOOOO
>laugh my ass off off off off off off off

>mfw switching from an fx 4170 to an 8320 @ 4ghz doubled my framerate in metro last light
>framerate was also significantly more consistent
Only example I can think of where devs actually managed to pull that off. Bravo 4A games.

But yeah dx11 was still centered around single core as it was still bloated with legacy code because MUH BUISINESS SECTOR and from dx9 onward new versions were more like stacking on new features than actual revisions. And the multi core scaling was haphazardly slapped together requiring retarded amounts of work on the part of devs.

At the very least vulkan and dx12 have lower level muticore support natively. Now we just gotta see if developers are up to the task of taking the reigns so to speak.
>looking at you, ubisoft

AYYYMD is a fucking joke

>Ubisoft AlwaysOnline® DRM takes 40% of all processing power thus making efficient use of all your cores.

fuck outta the thread Huang

>these are the sorts of humans the rest of us have to interact with on here

sometimes i wonder why i even bother

I hope low level api's are the death of shitty developers like ubisoft. I seriously doubt they'll be able to make a half decent game on dx12 and we all know those cunts won't bat an eye at vulkan.

Only thing I fear is it might complicate things for smaller developers who are more interested in investing time in the game itself than hardware level optimization. Licensing an established engine is obviously still an option but I'd hate to see the same situation as last generation with endless games using unreal 3 looking and feeling exactly the same.

low level APIs will be used for two things:
> big-name engines that get licensed out
> frameworks for writing portable user-space higher level APIs

It's very hard to see custom engines being written in DX12/Vulkan moving forward, and I foresee DX11-level APIs sticking around for a long time after some initial tentative experimentation by the dev community with low-level stuff.

4790K was tested and that boosts to 4.4ghz

Intel 8 cores also get beaten by intel 4 cores in video games

Preach

Someone will make a wrapper for people. It will just take some time. Engines will get thrown together and then a wrapper will get used. I'm willing to bet money.

Sure, it won't perform as well as an engine built from the ground up taking full advantage of low level access, but it will still have native access to some of that low level stuff, just abstracted so crappy developers can use them without spending months to learn the function calls.

>The tests were performed by French technology outletCanard PC.

And into the bin it goes. Why the fuck do intel shills think anyone will believe this retarded website?

>butmad pajeet

>what are quadro cards?
Expensive motherboard shelves.

>yfw AMD will sell unlocked Ryzen for 350$

IT'S ANOTHER FAILDOZZER AHAHAHAHAHA

>5ghz on air
*on one core

I'll grant it was with a shitty buggy motherboard, however it's a large chip and a new arch and a new node. I'd guess all-core 4.4-4.6Ghz at best.

DX12 is just a closed source ripoff of Vulkan that can't even handle monte carlo pathtracing. that's FACT. Vulkan is superior in every single way.

no the pricepoint is going to be 500-800

LMAOOOO

>inb4 AMD does this and crushes 5 years of my hopes and dreams

Entire thread based on some cuck saying

"In a gaming head-to-head, the AMD chip stumbled a bit, "

no benchmarks, no nothing

Sup Forums laps it up, why do I bother coming here

amd sucks

Disinformation campaign. Intel must be really worried.

>EVERY CPU CAN OC FOR THE SAME AMOUNT

Zen is DoA.

How afraid are Jewlets?

While I agree that Vulkan is superior and probably even better for Nvidia (DX12 gives them no gains, like at all, meanwhile both 1070 and 1080 get a 20-30 fps boost in Vulkan when compared to OpenGL). I can't deny fact that Vulkan API is already dead in the water. Mind blowing library of 6 games 18 months after the release? Wew.

>Inb4 but muh Engines!

Just because a game engine supports Vulkan it doesn't mean the game will.

>gaymer tries to add his 2 cents on graphics APIs/programming/game engines

Not this shit again.

I can see more competent developers that have proven their mettle; such as Rockstar (when they don't offload the pc port to some shitty third party like with gta iv), cdprojekt (memeworks is stupid, yes, but otherwise the game is very well optimized), 4A (2033 wasn't that great in terms of optimization but LL was excellently executed), and even Kojima's old studio with the GTA V port, making good use of low level API's.
Doom's use of Vulkan, and a much earlier example of that Sniper Elite game that supported mantle, have proven already that there is a lot of potential in capable hands.

Battlefield, hitman, and deus ex may have soured things a bit with their pisspoor patchwork implementations, but it's to expected when they tried to cram it in last minute very late into development.

It's a shame we were finally seeing more devs putting the extra work to create brand new engines just to have to start from scratch all over, but I'm optimistic about what becomes possible once we've gotten past the transitionary period.

>A Sup Forums vermin that does nothing but ricing and shitposting thorough his average day tries to add his 2 cents on what regular/normal people buy and look at when making the choice.

Not this shit again.

>6 games 18 months after launch
You're missing the point here. Vulkan and DX12 are completely new, reworked from the ground up.
It's not the same as what we've seen in the past with DX and OpenGL. New iterations in those cases mostly just added feature level support, general optimizations, and bug fixes.
It was much easier to rework sections of a finalized engine to support those changes, but low level API's pretty require engines being built specifically for them.

The greatest strength to vulkan is that devs generally start development with the ps4 as it is the most popular console by a long shot, and dx12 isn't supported by the ps4.
So it would be easier to use vulkan as the xbone has basically found itself in the same position the ps3 used to be in.
You'd be surprised how often openGL is used on consoles to simplify cross platform releases.

How come that every AMD feature that Sup Forums uses to shill for their inferior products is always set "somewhere in the near future"? I've heard that for last 10 years.

because amdfags always wait for something

literally the users of top segment. (>= 4 cores)

Kinda love how you guys hang onto the one test that wasn't particularly favourable, over a 1.5% difference against the i5 with a pre-release sample chip.

I'm pretty confident it'll match the i5 in gaming when the full release chip comes out and maybe even beat it once code starts getting optimised for the Ryzen architecture.

Will Zen even be an upgrade over my i5-2400?

I feel like this CPU has no place in this world at all.

>cheap ass 4 core

The 6700K destroys Skylake-E in muh vidyagaymes too, so it's no surprise.

I wonder how the 64w version performs against the 95w chip.

Since i'm an ITX fetishist its probably the one i would go for if i do get Ryzen.

poorfag detected

Have they suggested any prices for Ryzen? If they're selling 6800K performance for $250, great. If they're priced the same as Intel, why fucking bother?

30 watts less, 30% less performance. SCREENCAP THIS.

64 watt Ryzen will be more shit than Excavator

Power curve for Excavator modules in Carrizo:
XVR with AVFS
3700mhz: 22.5w~
3500mhz: 16w~
3150mhz: 10w~
2800mhz: 7w~
2450mhz: >5w~
2100mhz: 3w~
1750mhz: >2.5w~

AMD originally touted Zen as having the same clock scaling as Excavator, but have clearly surpassed it by a significant margin as they're hitting 3.4ghz at 10w~ per core.
Going by Excavator's scaling we'd expect a 65w chip to be clocked at 2.8ghz, but final silicon should be able to clock higher than that. Likely about 3ghz at 65w on all 8 cores.

>vulkan is an amd feature
Vulkan shows performance increases on all hardware. And offloading the lopsided workload from core 1 is benifitial to all processors using more than one core, which is basically all of them at this point.
just because low level api's weren't implemented overnight doesn't mean developers aren't excited to use them. Many large figured have already confirmed they're hard at work on implementing dx12 or vulkan or both, but it's a massive change that requires a lot of work. We've seen some terrible examples so far, but this is because games take years to develop, not months, and neither api can simply be patched in to existing engines as they're completely different from outgoing api's.

stupid thread.

Zen is better than Broadwell E clock for clock.

faggots are in denial that Zen is an actual upgrade.

If it clocks to 4.6ghz on 4 cores, it will beat a 4.8ghz 6700k.

Nvidia fags on suicide alert.

OP on death row for wasting oxygen.

intelcucks in the hospital with cancer in their female penises.

everybody is getting raped.

>2k17
>still thinks poorfag memeing makes overpriced stuff look cheap
good riddance Sup Forums

>faggots are in denial that Zen is an actual upgrade.

If you are the ''''proud"" owner of an AMD CPU then sure.

If you already have an Intel then not so much.

How many characters dit you save typing 2k17 instead of 2017?

he saved a "0".

but it is an upgrade, my 4670k clocked at 4.6ghz is actually slow compared to what i need. and im not putting my money into intels 8/10 core because they wont clock that high.

Zens true 8core if it clocks to 4.6 on all cores will be a beast. hopefully amd doesnt let us down this time.

sadly this, if you already have an newer Intel chances are it won't be an upgrade

It primarily is supposed to have an insane price to performance ratio which is a good strategy

But if you have an really old CPU, Zen is completely fine because of the above

Have they revealed or suggested a price? It will have to be pretty cheap to prise people away from Intel if the performace is similar.

>AMD users are poorfags that can only afford a shitty R9 380 and a fucking shitty Acer monitor

top kek, I want AMD poorfags to fuck off from Sup Forums.

posted from my iphone 7 plus sitting in my herman miller chair

>hopefully amd doesnt let us down this time.
They should put that phrase under the AMD logo

"AMD™, hopefully we won't let you down this time"

Setting yourself up for disappointment there, bud. OC's so far have been on single core, and we have zero data on all core OC as we don't even have examples of fully functional consumer parts.

Just chill and see how it plays out. Chances are you don't stand to gain much from Zen just like you don't really stand to gain much from a newer Intel part.

I for one am happy I can upgrade my 8320 without paying the intel tax.

You could still be a little more pathetic, if you bore a tripcode.

>iphone 7
How was it paying the yearly apple tax, friendo?

Posted from my iphone 4

Looks like the perfect Workstation CPU to me.