/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

pooloo edition

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
IRC #pth irc.rizon.net SSL only 6697/9999

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

paste.installgentoo.com/view/raw/f96704d9
observatory.mozilla.org/analyze.html?host=baconbits.org
observatory.mozilla.org/analyze.html?host=myanonamouse.net
reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbx2v86/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit OP

>this OP

give me one reason to download music from pth when I have a 90gb buffer on apollo

no updates?

>can't
>fuckin
>do it
if you were on during global FL for APL, you should have gotten all you ever needed already

you all want them so bad do them yourselves

not my fault you're all even lazier than i am

We would have if you didn't

Do it right next time or don't do it at all

>90gb
wew lad, even with 1.5tb i avoid apollo

because you're not retarded enough to not also have a huge buffer on PTH. but I'm betting you are a full retard and didn't abuse staff picks.

their total lack of security awareness is getting a little old
everyone fell over grading up their sites today
not pooloo.rippy!

Do the right thing. Nuke this thread.

Can I get a NoStream invite senpai?

xth for OT is the new cabal

not on that shithole, and you shouldn't want to be either

>NEWS
• /sg/ - Sarek General • yiu has trouble pooping • OT confirmed cabal • /ptg/ tries to irc again • HDB bends knee • NoS a coveted and desired tracker • Sarek performs backups on stream • Azathoth teaches about OpSec • user teaches about rules and courtesy • NoStream's disabled page is pretty broken (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)
• FemdomCult is open registration (Cross-thread)
• HDB gets image hosting (Cross-thread)
• user gets called to the principals office • Bibliotik is having some issues
• How to capture both audio and visuals from Discord

yeah I went full retard, I just downloaded like 3 staff picks, one version only and it has given me significant upload, almost as much as my ~30 100% uploaded flacs most of which are unsnatched

I had a 200 gb buffer on what.cd and I thought I was past this shit, I rarely download music anyway but I wish I had some buffer on pth

omg look what magically appeared even tho it wasn't in my op text

please understand :) :) we are doing VERY important things

How about an OT invite?

What tracker was this on lmfao

I wish you were the OP instead :(

I like to make new threads when the current hits page 9, this was was 7/8 so a bit too early for me. Also I copy/pasted a bunch of the >News from another user (apologies for the (cross-thread))

Does the encode group SPARKS belong to a specific site? I really like their stuff

It's scene and it's pretty shit

quit being so fucking butthurt and they'll stop trolling you with no-news op posts lol

yes they're an internal for HDBits

At least we know noahbody is a a conscientious Sysop willing to take user security seriously and ask them to pm him their passwor..Fuck, I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.

They're a scene group. They don't upload anywhere. All their stuff slowly gets filtered down into the tracker world though
Sites like digital-hibe, GFT, and SCC will race a lot of their content. Check the wiki for more info on the scene/scene trackers

Oh... of course they are

Guess i'll make that my goal for this year

Thanks

What do you do for living user ?

What is the best way to get invites to trackers that you've been disabled from?

APL day 9 is up.

>inb4 APL is shit
>inb4 you can't inb4 yourself
>inb5

I write for a magazine and sell my tight ass at night

>shitty redditcore pop punk

I DLed every single staff pick the first day with a good seedbox. Only got 45 gigs of upload. PTH economy is broken.

masturbate
fuck
join and propagate on trackers
smoke weed

huh that's weird because I did the same thing and got 320gb~

maybe you're just a retard

>another hook shit staff pick

i've given up... staff all have garbage taste.. fucking nasty barf shit

i'm not even going to download this for buffer

actually pretty decent pop punk desu. if any pop punk is okay, it's the wonder years.

I got about 300 GB of upload.

how long before one of these is trumped?
STAY TUNED

if you actually liked pop punk you wouldnt listen to the fucking wonder years

>yeah guys if any black metal is ok it's deafheaven

WCD literally made an actual field recording, like a recording of someone sitting in a field, a staff pick. Nigger if I wanted that shit I'd just go outside.

NO FUCKING NEWS?

>a good seedbox
doubt.jpg

>probably thinks blink 182's new album is good

dude enough with this shit we've moved on as a people, someone posted a news already

good taste desu

keep that shit as excigo

nice bait. that was one of the shittiest albums i heard in a long time.

tbhfam

>he actually listened to it
nostalgia is one hell of a drug

>judging something before you listen to it

exigo has shit taste though. most of their stuff is mainstream or entry-level

This staff pick sure doesn't compare to She & him's christmas album. I love hearing Zooey Deschanel butcher christmas songs.

stop niggering

she and him are good you fucking mongoloid. get some taste up in here.

>get some taste up in here
very ironic coming from the nigger who likes the wonder years and shitty christmas music

>implying i like the wonder years

step off

>yeah i know i'm not gonna like that
well gonna listen to it anyway

If I had a refreshment for every time I saw this page I'd be so fucking refreshed.

*steps back on*

>not listening to music to enrage yourself
You really dont belong here

>She & him
>Good
Pick one

They're fucking trash tier starbucks music.

who /ircrefugee/ here?

they're based as fuck

sorry your taste is so shit

< everfang> !Fls is it ok to transcode 320 --> V0 or is it only allowed to do it from FLAC?
hehexd

typical power user

>everfang
why is that name familiar to me?

When will fang ever learn

nvm they were being retarded earlier: paste.installgentoo.com/view/raw/f96704d9

I'll pick their album up behind the latest salsa explosion compilation at Starbucks next time then just to make sure :^)

Where can I go to buy FLAC

Tidal, HDtracks, Qobuz, or just buy cds and rip the FLAC yourself

asstheheadphones

usually you search the album first and you buy flac from whatever pops up. Not all webstores have all content, so you just have to pick from the ones that do

Beatport, Boomkat, juno download, TIDAL, Bandcamp, qobuz, etc.

thanks f.am

observatory.mozilla.org/analyze.html?host=baconbits.org
leddit absolutely trashed

I mean fuck reddit, but you guys know these ratings are a meme right?

Is it true that MP3's are prone to loss in quality because of rotational velodensity? Or am I safe witha flash drive

Yes

Oh yes. It's true. And it's not to be trifled with.

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.
I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange...well don't get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren't stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you'll be glad you did.

So who's going to tell spaghetti he got trumped?
observatory.mozilla.org/analyze.html?host=myanonamouse.net

>that conversation between albino and sarek

J U S T

>Score: 110/100
HDB, step aside, there's a new big boy in town

the scores literally don't matter, seriously. who cares?

kill yourself faggot

You started it

I know realistically they're a farce but going from an F to an A is adding like five lines to your server block. Any sysop who doesn't care to enforce this basic stuff isn't a sysop that doesn't care about security.
The third-party tests are also pretty useful, they only score a C on SSLLABS which is honestly embarrassing and that actually *is* an issue
haha yass boys

obviously all these tracker devs care, seeing as how they're all bending the knee

Just a bit of fun

not anymore : ^ )

yeah but they don't matter anymore, it's not really indicative of anything. O*******e is still the most secure site.

dont be such a sore loser faggot

reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5lhmlx/private_trackers_ranked_by_their_security/dbx2v86/

Voltaire trying hard because 312c is lazy fuck

LMAOOOing at your life right now azzacucks