If you're not a gaymer... is there ANY reason not to use le AMD apu?

If you're not a gaymer... is there ANY reason not to use le AMD apu?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Iris-Pro-HD-6200-Desktop-vs-AMD-Radeon-R7-Graphics/m30277vsm8791
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-5675C-vs-AMD-A10-7890K-APU/m31828vsm118648
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-A4-6320-APU-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/m12932vs2849
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Radeon-HD-8370D-vs-Intel-HD-Graphics-G4-PentiumCeleron-105115-GHz/m10640vsm7701
images.anandtech.com/doci/10944/dxva-checker.png
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-Enables-Mesa-GL-4.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they're real shitty when it comes to raw cpu power as well.

t. A10 5800K owner.

>if you're not a gamer
>is there any reason not to use AMD

Perhaps you need processing power.

for what?

they're fine for shitposting on Sup Forums's tech support board.

i've got an old A6 3620 desktop that i'm trying to find a use for. pcie slot is fucked so it can't into gayman without a new mobo, but that's a can of worms that led me into building an FM1 chipset with an athlon 651k i'd rather not talk about. at least that bitch is sold and down the road.

Recording games

>High power draw
>Inaccurate temp readings
>Underwhelming per core performance

Otherwise, they're decent

In what way?

t. A10 7870K @ 4.4 GHz, stock cooler, and 1.4v owner who gets 35 FPS encoding 720P rips with 8-bit HEVC

If its just a standard desktop/laptop setup for web browsing, word processing etc then its fine.

If you are going to do any cpu heavy task then it might be better to get a cheap dedicated gpu.

they're good when you want a dirt cheap CPU (50 bucks) with decent video playback.

t. a6 6400k owner

well maybe your gen is nice but mine sucks. A 2nd gen i5 outperforms it.

I only play classic and wrath WoW.

A10-7870K owner here again

>>High power draw
nope, my entire desktop only uses ~110 watts under very heavy load (ie video encoding) despite the CPU doing 4.4 GHz with a voltage of 1.4. That's like 2 lightbulbs right there. Yes I did use a watts up monitor to verify.

>>Inaccurate temp readings
AMD overdrive doesn't agree with you.

>>Underwhelming per core performance
meh

I use an amd phenom II still in 2017.

Give me ONE, JUST ONE reason bit to get that processor and update my desktop to the current millennium.

I have an A8-7600 and get 50-60 FPS on medium 720p settings in BF4. I think a lot of people underestimate how good APUs can be.

Nah, it would be a bigger jump the the Zen APUs instead.

>7870K
>110W

That's high, dawg

Should I get zen apu then

How much better will it be than my current:
Amd phenom ii 840
Hd radeon 5770

i have 7850k and i'm all around not really impressed

if you're not a gamer, why not continue to use intel?
their gpu solution is even weaker, but has processing power for, you know, processing

the apu only benefits (extreme low end) gaming

It is interesting how it works, the new APUs are usually about 2 generations behind in terms of graphics quality but they don't need the large power draw or large card to support it.

Not really, it's staying at 4.4GHz while encoding HEVC video. Would be less if I left it at stock setting but where I live electricity is only 12ยข/kWh so I could keep this desktop encoding video 24/7 and it would cost me less than $10 a month.

the latest APU graphics of teh R7 on die where matched by the 4600 and now superceeded by the 500 series IGPs

the 6200 series fucking rape it entirely and match the Xbox One GPU

He probably has other components as well.

Proof?

Also you do realise those benefit from DDR4, right?

>proof

go to any cpu comparision site

click on their GPU page

type 6200 in 1 column, type Radeon R7 in the other and choose the desktop APU and look at the comparisons

the 6200 also benifits from having a 32GB dedicated alotment from the mobo level

vs just the standard 1-2 gigs like most other IGPs/APUs

also the CPU aspect are fucking 100x better too cause its actual haswell-refresh i5 and i7's

not APUs

dunno, they aren't out yet.

Skylake iGPY trades blows with Kaveri. If you care about iGPU performance, don't waste your money on an i7 since you'll get similar performance to an APU a fraction of the price.

Wait for zen, will be even better.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Iris-Pro-HD-6200-Desktop-vs-AMD-Radeon-R7-Graphics/m30277vsm8791

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-5675C-vs-AMD-A10-7890K-APU/m31828vsm118648

>highlighting the 500 series graphics
>not the Iris Pro 6200 which was being discussed and clearly at the top of the list 50% longer than every other bar

>iris pro
>implying anyone who spends that much won't be using a high end consumer dedicated GPU like a gtx 1080

this isnt the conversation

the fucking G3900 comes with the 510 graphics which are already better than the APU and cheaper and wont heat your bedroom

hell that and the G4400 are both recommended over any APU on logical incriments for gaming as well based on just the CPU aspect

if you're building a regular user PC, the 40-70 dollar 3900 or 4400 are better deals than any APU

and here is a perfect comparison, the haswell G1840 is on par price wise with the 3900 but you can expect it to be a bit faster and with the better IGP

but here it is compared to the only AMD APU close to the price point and its blown away both on the CPU and GPU side, so either 1150 or 1151 with the $40 celeron option is a better choice

so even for a price saving mesure the older and outdated and overwatted APUs are irrelevant now

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-A4-6320-APU-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/m12932vs2849

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Radeon-HD-8370D-vs-Intel-HD-Graphics-G4-PentiumCeleron-105115-GHz/m10640vsm7701

Had my A8-7650k running on 45W, only slightly overclocked to 3.7GHz. Bretty good if you ask me. Just make sure you buy DDR3-2133 or 2400 WAM.

Also, they are good for encoding but not that good for video editing. My i5-6300HQ does a way better job.

>APU
More like APOO

APU is complete shit.

t. AMD shill

>Inaccurate temp readings
Stop using intel software you fuckface poojeet retard.

The only acceptable time to use an APU is when you don't know any better.

Looks like an APU is perfect for you then.

>I sometimes want to game on my PC
>I get GPU without OpenGL 1.5 or DX12

Intelfaggots never seize to amaze me, iGPU is only for video playback nothing else.

>clueless pajeet
get constipated

In the way that Intel destroys it in any way.

>OpenGL* Support 4.4

NEVER EVER

They have OGL 4.5 support under linux, poojeet.
also
>amd
>OGL support
lmao

images.anandtech.com/doci/10944/dxva-checker.png

AYYMD can't support HEVC Main10 hardware decoding or VP9 Profile2 hardware decoding

No, Hardware doesn't support it.
NEVER EVER

Zen APU's are gonna be neat.
>4c, possibly with multithreading
>roughly rx 460 level gpu
>4+ gb of HBM, could potentially be pooled as system and video memory (provided they can fit 8gb at least) replacing need for ddr dimms
>upgradable, though I don't personally believe it will use the same AM4 chipset as other zen chips for many reasons
>could still support PCI-e lanes for other accessories or to upgrade gpu when you feel it's time
>alternatively the motherboard could be as minimal as I/O and controllers, audio, and power delivery
>could build a console killer the size of a mac mini

Obviously a lot of speculation there but it seems possible to me. It would likely never replace traditional separate components as they are now, but it would be the perfect option for oem's looking to produce desktop grade all in one's.
Would be a great option for the casual pc crowd who only play shitty MOBA's, too.

go shit somewhere else, poojeet
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-Enables-Mesa-GL-4.5