Filantrop IOS app

Could I have some input on an App I made ? Currently only the IOS version is out. The android one is in development.

The concept is the following: You can create/join "Fil" which are small communities, and you can post pictures in them. Pictures disappear after 1 day. You can join any communities you want, as long as they are public. Would love to know what you guys think.

I have created the "Fil" Sup Forums/g/ as an example, you can follow it and post your last chink buy, battle station, etc.. I think it could be pretty cool for a board like Sup Forums.

The app is called "Filantrop" on the apple store.

In return, I am willing to answer any questions you could have about app development etc..

I will give input when the Android app is up. I only currently have android. Sounds interesting though

Okay thanks !

How is it related to philanthropy?

You know, sharing, bringing human together. But it is a pun with the word "fil" which is a flux of info in french

shameless self bump

Where is the source code?

libre?

9gag for autists

So snapchat meets leddit?

If it fails I will release it

No, you can't post a picture from your library. You can only post photos. So oc only

Kind of yes

I have never done any coding at all. How easy for me would it be to start developing apps?

I'm kind of disciplined.

For IOS: There is plenty of tutorials for swift, I would advise it against C# as I think it is more clear and simpler to learn. As you haven't learned coding at all, you could code a simple app but you will surely fall for multiple complexity trap which would make your app slow / not reactive (depending of the complexity of your app of course).

Also, you would need to learn about concurrency, and networking. Again, maybe your app doesn't need a server and is offline only.

There is also plenty of libraries that can do that for you, but you will always find yourself wanting a feature for which no library exists.

I would suggest you to take some online course s about swift, basic networking, data structure/algorithm, and concurrency.

But you can get started with a very simple app, which don't need to know all those things.

For android it is quite the same except you would need to learn java, and endure the messy developing environment given to you (this is just my opinion, having developed for the two platforms)

That's very well written and insightful. Thanks a lot mate.

That's kinda shitty because you have to take the picture you post with the express purpose of posting it. If I take a picture of something now and think it would be funny to post in 30 minutes, I'm shit outta luck. Maybe add an option for "fil" creators to only accept pictures with exif data matching the poster's phone?

I see, that's an interesting point. However, that could open the door to spam / image being ads. It is easy to change the exif of an image, then keep posting it everywhere. I will keep this idea though, it may be feasible. I like it ! thanks

No problem m8

Bump with a screenshot of the app

How are you moderating?

The creator of the Fil can enable/disable moderation. When moderation is enabled, he chooses which content gets posted, other wise every contents are posted and he can removes the ones he wants. He can also add more moderators