Ethereum Project Offers Censorship Resistant ‘World Computer’ for Developers

A cryptocurrency-related project called Ethereum, which functions as a decentralized “world computer,” has the potential to completely change the way that people communicate, work, and exchange over the Internet.

breitbart.com/tech/2017/01/03/ethereum-project-offers-censorship-resistant-world-computer-for-developers/

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart
zeronet.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>breitbart
fuck off

Already apart of CoinBase so fuck off

>breitbart
You might as well have posted a buzzfeed link.

OP here, I know not everyone here is smart enough to figure this out so I will spell it out for you: It's not the cryptocurrency that makes it special, it's the censorship resistance capabilities.

>Sup Forums plebs discover the distributed computing meme

Can you be this fucking new holy shit?

I've said it before, the implications of this system are crazy, especially when combined with IPFS, I've wanted distributed applications for years and expected something to come out of Plan9, when that never took off I lost any sort of hope then projects like this came out of seemingly nowhere. Truly decentralized applications seem within reach. The only issue I can see is that there may not be too many advantages of having something distributed and autonomous over the traditional central and controlled way. I'm personally impressed with the distribution but I think most people don't care and don't need something like that yet

The slockit project was really cool until they bungled their credibility.

eth is a shitcoin that I pump and dump to stack muh btc proftis fgt

>The only issue I can see is that there may not be too many advantages of having something distributed and autonomous over the traditional central and controlled way.

>what is torrents

The way I've been explaining it to people is that IPFS is like a distributed hard drive and Ethereum is like a distributed CPU, torrent trackers seem like they could be replaced by IPFS alone when searching on IPFS improves, I don't think people really need to run a tracker on Ethereum, although I could be wrong and that certainly would be a good way to make sure it never gets taken down like what's happening recently with all these big name trackers. As an archival autist I hate to see things like that happen.

This

Why are you such a libtard jeez

Sup Forumstards acting like Libturds, the thread

zeronet.io/

Why do you white guilt faggots even come here?

That's just what happens when normies try to act like refugees in the way that expect the community here to cater to their safe space/ideology

I no longer regret opening this thread, hopefully some good comes of this.

t. ex-oink/what faggot who has no where to go.

Hiroshima needs to blacklist anyone who posts Breitbart links outside of Sup Forums

We got a leftie fagot over here

Its dead m8. Give it a rest.

Zeronet is just BitTorrent, it's not original and has all the problems of BitTorrent, not to mentioned Zeronet imposes its own limitations like file size and has privacy concerns. Zeronet was a neat project but it's quickly becoming obsolete.
Regardless it's not even comparable to Ethereum since Ethereum is designed for distributed applications not just distributed data, Zeronet is more focused on small web pages.

It's getting commits regularly, it's far from dead.

forgot this

>whaaaaaaa someone goes to a website that I don't like

kys yourself fagit