CES Intel coverage

CES Intel coverage.
Discuss
>most major tech youtubers have review videos out now.
-recap
>5ghz possible
>more PCIe lanes on board
>Intel Optane memory (?)
>Netlix™ 4K Support

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/reviews/Processors/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Review-Kaby-Lake-and-14nm/Power-Consumption-Perf-Dollar-Closi
anandtech.com/show/10968/the-intel-core-i7-7700k-91w-review-the-new-stock-performance-champion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

But is it faster?

not an upgrade from Skylake, or even Haswell. Skylake faster in some benches.

pcper.com/reviews/Processors/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Review-Kaby-Lake-and-14nm/Power-Consumption-Perf-Dollar-Closi

>Everyone welcome Kaby Lake, the new "best" that's hard to get excited about

Pretty much the same as skylake with the exception it launched with the same price as the current one for skylake. It means we will all get cost reduction on the older processors , which considering they are pretty much the same as kaby lake , it's good. Overall the 7700k is just a polished version of the 6700K with with restrictive software (Optane for performance boost , voltage control , 4k Netflix etc...) . It means that the lower end of Ryzen is probably at risk now though , and the SR7 < becomes irrelevant when compared to intel kaby lake tech wise or skylake price wise because of the cost reduction. SR9 and Vega are the only ones who can save it now.

Also , it is not meant to be an upgrade to broadwell (and probably there won't be one for quite a long time since intel plans to stick to its 14 nm transistors for a longer time than originally planned)

anandtech.com/show/10968/the-intel-core-i7-7700k-91w-review-the-new-stock-performance-champion

>i7 7700k Benchmark
>i3-4330 pictured

>buying a 7700k and not pushing it towards 5 GHz

Might aswell buy a skylake when the prices come down or AMD's new lineup , whatever is cheaper.

lol user I just noticed that. OP is now kekk'd

They OC'd it to 4.9GHz but 5GHz was unstable, even with AVX offset.

u want it intel did it there is ur %1

Depends on your chip. Some benchmarks on youtube literally took 10 mins upping the multiplier up and managed 5.1 . 4.9 seems to be the new shit-tier for chips in regards to silicon lottery.

Honestly I wouldn't expect any sort of long term stability from those 5GHz OCs, it might be stable enough to boot into desktop and dick around for a bit, but run a 24 hour stress test and it will mostly likely fail.

We'll see. I personally hope for the 7700k to get a bit over 5ghz. I just got my delidding tool last week. My 6600k clocks like dog so the 500mhz+ and HT will be nice. Going to have to reglue the IHS to sell it though.
For people that run stock CPUs, kaby lake will be an upgrade. The retards who bought the i5 6500 are the ones who will benefit. Apparently the 7600k runs much cooler than the 7700k and doesn't need delidding so if you don't have a 14nm chip it will be a nice cpu.

Still boring. Zen, NAND, GPU is where all the hype is, at least it's fucking NEW.

Early benchmarks say zen only manages to beat the 6850k but still lags behind the 6900k. If the SR9 is released for more than 500$ then I guess it won't be as impacting as what we are waiting. Maybe the early reviews were from engineerimg samples but who knows. I guess we will have to wait , though I must say I am prepared to let Zen disappoint me (already expect it from intel).

Gonna upgrade my i3 6100 to a 7350k and none of you can stop me :^)

Any CES computer case released?

Retarded idea as the 7350k is pretty much irrelevant . Might aswell get a 7600k .

>barely over $100
>clocks to 5GHz on air
>irrelevant

You sure are confident over a product you know little to nothing about.

>2 cores
>2017
>$180

all this
even at $100 it wouldn't be worth it

7350k is a shitbox

>the fucking 8370 beats in GTA V

>know nothing about
If the SR9 performs just a bit better than the 6850K, what do you expect anything below that to do ? Be the same as a 6900K ? Or just actually try to control a higher market share for the lower end ? The latter is the answer. SR7 and below will try to compete with the i7 7700K and bunch from intel. It means that if they can deliver the same performance , it is going to come down to pricing , and with kaby lake , comes the price reduction for older skylake models (especially because intel seems to have purposefully lowered the launching MSRP to get even greater pricing on their other non-enthusiast processors). And a reminder : ZEN was prepared for a skylake face-off , not a Kaby lake one. Most likely , the performance for anything below SR9 to be on pair with skylake , with no guarantees regarding kaby lake. It all just makes the whole scenario more likely for what I have said on my previous post. Maybe at the end of the day , Zen's lower end matches up to kaby lake , but the restrictive software intel has promised to be exclusive to its new line up ,might be the deciding factor for an all out war between the two lines. So I say , don't get your hopes up . Not the first time AMD disappoints us in taking down the Intel jews.

Prices on previous generation intel chips have traditionally not been reduced dramatically when the new generation comes out, so your FUD about AMD having to be reactionary to intel pricing is unfounded. They remain pretty stable outside of random sale pricing until they are very scarce at which point the price on the older gen actuall spikes due to low supply. See: i5-4690k vs i5-6600k. Currently the same exact price on Newegg.

Sure, intel hasn't had a reason to slash prices over the past few years but I don't expect this to change. When you lead the market by as much as they do, you hold firm to your pricing and let the little guy squirm.

still no release zen reviews other wise it would be plastered on Sup Forums in every thread for at least a month, best we have is an older 3.15ghz es that was throwing errors like a motherfucker, so that's what was benched that we get the only manages to beat a 6850 comes from, a crippled cpu and a validation motherboard.

>even at $100 it wouldn't be worth it
at 100$, that would be something to look at till amd says their 4 core zen price.

>more PCIe lanes on board
There's still only 16 from the cpu, the chipset just has more. The same thing could be accomplished previously with a switch. So it's nothing