ITT:stuff that's been more that relevant for longer than it should have

ITT:stuff that's been more that relevant for longer than it should have

...CPUs? Intel?

I7 870, gtx 680 4GB, CDs.

i5 2nd gen

i agree with you, this is becoming the new core 2 duo in that there is really no point in upgrading if all you do is use a web browser and some light applications, like most people do

>tfw 2500K owner

My Phenom II X6 1055t is perfectly happy to this day.

I really like this CPU.

q6600

i used an e6750 until last year
c2d's are still fine desu

This cunt right here.

i5 is overkill for basic use.
I still use a Core 2 Duo E8600, which came out like 9 years ago. Only the very worst of horribly-designed webpages bog it down.

TRRS?,or do you just mean 3,5mm jacks in general?

What OS and browser?

Using my old e7400 on Solus with the iGPU, browser is midori, web browsing works flawlessly and I can watch HD YouTube videos without any stutters. If it's windows, maybe try something lighter like Ubuntu MATE or Solus to see if it'll perform better.

delet this

yeah, linux would probably do better, but I'm sticking with Win7 and Firefox.
only 1080p youtube videos lag on me, and I can get around that by just saving them and using VLC instead.

Fair enough.

I never bothered with 1080p videos, Australian internet isn't the best and there isn't a significant enough quality difference to justify the increased size for silly YouTube videos.

Anything c2d and newer should honestly be plenty for a plain old facebook machine imo.

fun fact: the single core performance on any intel chip has LITERALLY not improved since sandy bridge

buy amd now if you know whats good for you

No improvement WHATSOEVER?

Bullshit.

Not if you have an array/RAID of them with SSD caching.
Dirt cheap storage that's wicked fast.

All of Apple's products

wow. You're an idiot.

grammar oibvously

Been around way too long.