whats everyone using nowdays ?
Im using the Fiio x1

Other urls found in this thread:

kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OnePlus 3 + Spotify + Xiaomeme Hybrids

My iPhone 7

still using my ipod.

it would be perfect if I had a backup solution that didn't suck. I lost my playlists again the other day.

my smartphone? what is this, 10 years ago?

oh look, it's facebook

What's the best player to Rockbox now that the Clip SoC is discontinued?

The two options I'm leaning towards are:

Some Sony player (as long as it has physical buttons and a micro sd slot). I don't think these exist.

OR

An ipod that I can stick a large msata ssd into

Any advice or suggestions?

oh look it's the autist wants to validate his autistic purchase thread

The iPod probably, using a nano at the moment but my classic is sitting there for when I can be bothered to do the msata and replace the now fed battery

i have a large 24bit/192khz library. I shrink albums down to 24/48 flac and use

iphone 6 + canopener (app - check it out) + phillips she3590 or fidelio

the iphone 6 has an objectively high end dac perormance. Here is a good tech article.

kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6-plus.htm

oh look it's a samefagging retard

5th gen iPod Classic with 120GB SSD

iPods

Ipod nano - Sony Walkman tampon - Zune 120 3rd gen - Ipod Classic 160 - Fiio X1 (current)

x1 sounds the best, like how open it all is and the line out is boss, but i liked my zune the most for the big screen, ui and the functionality were you click on a song in the player and it gives you an option to play it or add it to a playlist. I really really miss cueing up playlists on the player.

Is there any way to do this on an fiio?

might get a 5.5 gen ipod video

get a nice huge msata ssd, new battery, and rockbox

The 5th gen were the last ones with the Wolfson as well

I'm thinking of gettig an ipod mini and sticking a larger storage drive in it and then installing rockbox on it. Does that sound like a good idea?

Go for it, just make sure you get the right one. There's two generations and only one of them works with storage upgrades.

>ipod mini
isn't that form factor going to make it difficult to find an appropriate storage solution that isn't expensive?

My Galaxy S5 with Blackplayer.

I kind of sucks because music occasionally "hiccups" (pauses for a split second before resuming). It didn't happen as often as it does last time I played an album, though. I uninstalled a bunch of stuff which may have helped.

Maybe a custom ROM will fix this?

He just needs an SD card and an SD to CF adapter.

>can't even play music on samshit
haha

true although mstata is cheaper than sd cards of comparable size

i didnt know sandisk players are owned by western digital

Same but with Pulsar music player
Also, I can tell you it's just because it's a slow piece of shit now; to make matters worse for me, the ATT model locks the phone down and no one has figured out how to root it yet. Personally I'm just saving for a ZTE Axon 7, since I heard it's great for mid-priced media consumption

i stream music from my server to my phone because i have more than 4 fucking gigabytes of music you low functioning autistic fucks

Two 160gb iPod classics because there are no other high capacity devices to store my 250gb music library. If they break I'm fucked.

Are you implying you can only carry 4GB of music on your person? Jesus user even back in 2012 I had over 200GB of music in my pocket every day, now you can carry terabytes.

sure, but it will cost me hundreds of €, and i'd have to waste hours copying from my hard drives to 3mbps transfer speed flash storage.

My PMP paid itself off in less than a year due to the amount of money I've saved on cellular service.

Ifi micro idac2 + bottlehead crack + jriver
+ Numerous headphones, HD 600's ATM

Shit

Meh

>Shit
Nothing's better than an iPod.

so which one do you use and where do you live

This isn't the autism thread.

shitposting cancer
here's a you

In the US using a 5th gen iPod Classic with 240GB SSD

Sansa zip clip
the clip on it broke not too long ago but honestly I barely even use it now

Bought an iPod Classic, waiting for Tarkan's iFlash Quad to come so I can slap two 128GB micro SD's in it and have a shit ton of music on the go.

Wew.
Such class.
Much elite.

that's over $300.
i listen to music everyday on my phone for around an hour, and i only use 1gb of cellular data a month since i have a 20gb cache and my server transcodes to v0 mp3 from flac.

here in germany that's less around 5€..

$300, which is less than what that ipod sells for on ebay, is around 290€
290/5=58
58/12=4.83

that's a little less than 5 years, doesn't sound like a bargain to me, since you still need to carry that thing with you, pay for charging, use shitty itunes to sync everytime you get new music..

My fucking do everything device that even homeless people have, the fuck do you think?

It cost me ~$140 to buy the iPod, SSD, and adapter.

>My fucking do everything device that even homeless people have
>mfw I don't even have a smartphone

too lazy to dig through my stuff for my Nano, so an old Galaxy S4 + Poweramp + MEE M6 Pro/Sennheiser HD 25-II

?
why not just put a 256 gb msata in?

install rockbox onto it

you get a graphical eq, it stops skipping between tracks, theres just a fuck ton of useful options on it for the ipod classic

Does it still get the atrocious battery life compared to stock firmware?

Oh and it also plays flac with rockbox installed

>the fuck do you think?
That you might like yourself enough to use a purpose-made device instead of a jack of all trades device.

It's worth noting that iPods can play lossless music with the stock firmware, just not FLAC.

its goes a little longer, last me the whole night while I work night shift, but depending on how many settings you use to enhance your sound it could be less.

It only lasts a night?

yup, its a battery from 2006, what did you expect

heres a list of formats it supports

That you take care of your devices and service them when they start failing?

fucked that up sorry hiroshima or whatever ur name is for uploading two pictures

Good luck finding anyone on the planet that sells digital music in ALAC. Shit, Apple doesn't even sell digital music in ALAC, and they made the format.

>take FLAC
>transcode to ALAC
Wow, that was fucking hard.

:^)
Still inconvenient and annoying, plus it looks like rockbox supports so much more that you might as well convert your ipod to it and solve all those problems in one fell swoop anyway

iPod Classic 164 gb. Got it the last generation they were available and it's been going strong since. Terrified of when it dies because I'll have no idea what to buy next.

Are Cowon devices worth the price? This thing looks pretty cute but I'm seeing complaints about touch screen sensitivity issues.

Honestly user, the best upgrade you can get besides Rockbox would be to install an SSD on it. There's kits out that will do it these days, and you get probably the best iPod Classic possible by doing it. I did this for a friend as a birthday present with their old iPod Classic that the HD had died in, and it was simple as fuck and it worked. They sell them on iFlash.

>:^)
Quit shitposting
>Still inconvenient and annoying
I never said otherwise
>plus it looks like rockbox supports so much more that you might as well convert your ipod to it and solve all those problems in one fell swoop anyway
Yes but Rockbox still has its disadvantages. Lower battery life and this part's not really that important but I could never find a theme I liked as nice as the iPod's stock firmware. You're clearly content with using Rockbox and that's all fine and dandy, I'm merely pointing out that you don't need it for lossless playback.

Why not iphone 5s? Is it true that iphone 5s has better DAC than iphone 6?

i use my phone

Got that covered

>80$
>256 GiB
>runs on Linux
>phone jack + line out jack
>ergonomic braille UI
Best gadget I've bought in a while.

Sansa clip+ that I got for $20.

>more expensive than 256GiB SD card
>ugly low res screen, unlike your phone
>takes much longer to find the album you want to listen to than on your phone
>takes much longer to enable shuffle/repeat/etc than on your phone
>likely can't even read metadata, unlike your phone
>can't display cover image, unlike your phone
>larger than it has to be for what it does, unlike your phone
>overpriced for the components it uses, possibly unlike your phone
>will scratch easily, unlike your phone
i could go on forever

I'm proud of you son.

Yeah, phones are totally great options
>feedbackless glass slate that's impossible to use in your pocket and uncomfortable to use in general
>much larger than necessary
>lower storage capacity
>have to charge daily

theres good themes, you just have to dig through the "winamp" lookin bullshit first.

I Park my car near me with some funky music

what a bunch of bullshit arguments. a phone is not feedbackless if you actually look at it, or use vibration which is already superior to your buttons. plus you can use buttons on your headphones.
there are also phones barely any larger than your player, even smaller probably. the storage does not matter as you can use any SD card. you might have to charge more often but don't tell me you don't carry a phone with you. that's just a lie and you know it. if you really don't you probably should, just for 911 calls.

>more expensive
140$ with promo code on gearbest (i.e. half the price of an iPod Classic or latest smartphone with almost double the memory)
>low res
Don't need high resolution for basic information. Saves battery.
>takes much longer to find album
You're not good at finding albums.
>takes much longer to shuffle
Don't shuffle, but it doesn't really take than long and the effort is negligible.
>metadata
That's what a computer is for. Also, most android music players don't have metadata editors.
>can't display cover art
Buy vinyl. Don't know about you, but I'm not doing a lot of screen-looking on a commute.
>larger than it has to be
It has hardware dedicated to audio, unlike a phone.
>overpriced for the components
Better priced than most. Definitely better than a phone.
>will scratch easily, unlike your phone
A lie. You're grasping at straws.

>phone is not feedbackless if you actually look at it
I was talking clearly talking about the touchscreen in comparison to real buttons.
>or use vibration which is already superior to your buttons
Top fucking kek
>plus you can use buttons on your headphones
Good headphones don't have buttons on the cord.
>there are also phones barely any larger than your player
I never said otherwise, nor do I have that PMP. I'm merely pointing out that in the age of phablets it's stupider than ever to use size as a pro-phone argument against PMPs.
>storage does not matter as you can use any SD card
And a microSD card + phone's internal storage isn't as much as one can achieve with a PMP.
>you might have to charge more often but don't tell me you don't carry a phone with you.
Most of the time, sometimes I just have my PMP. Even so, if my phone dies I can still use my PMP.

are you okay? a 256gb SD card is less than 70€ in germany. no need to chink out unless it's sharks.
a low res screen does not necessarily save battery, an OLED phone would actually be better here.
as i thought it does not read metadata, so thats another point for me. "that's what a computer is for" is not a counter argument as the player itself is a computer and should be able to do that.
>It has hardware dedicated to audio
it has a chinkshit audio chip with interference problems, even if you don't notice it.
>Definitely [priced] better than a phone
wrong
>I was talking clearly talking about the touchscreen
vibration
>Top fucking kek
good argument
>Good headphones don't have buttons on the cord.
wrong, you can also use an extension cable
>PMP storage > microSD card + phone's internal storage
you need more than 1tb of music?

by the way, modern phones charge to over 60% in 15 minutes.

>vibration
Sucks.
>wrong
I have never seen a decent pair of headphones with built in controls.
>you can also use an extension cable
What? No I can't.
>you need more than 1tb of music?
What phone has a terabyte of storage?

>by the way, modern phones charge to over 60% in 15 minutes
Not any good ones, and you still need something to charge it with. If I'm carrying a power bank in addition to my phone just to make it a better music player I may as well just use a damned PMP.

>a low res screen does not necessarily save battery, an OLED phone would actually be better here.
The XDUOO X3 has an OLED display.
>as i thought it does not read metadata, so thats another point for me.
What do you mean by read? It reads tags and organizes music pertaining to the tags, but you're not able to display or edit them.
>as the player itself is a computer and should be able to do that.
That's not a counter argument.
>it has a chinkshit audio chip with interference problems, even if you don't notice it.
Works fine and sounds better than my last phone and old iPod. You should also realize that most standard audio chips are chink shit.
>>Definitely [priced] better than a phone
That's not what I said. I said it's priced better than most [MP3 players].

>sucks
for you
>I have never seen a decent pair of headphones with built in controls.
you think you are the prince of technology? what defines "good"? there are plenty.
>What? No I can't
sure, there are extension cables with buttons,
>What phone has a terabyte of storage?
SD cards, i know for sure there are phones that support 1tb, likely even more now.
>Not any good ones
wrong
>bla bla bla damage control
you know, it's not like a phone battery can only last 2 hours.

That's $110 on Amazon.

>buying chinkshit on Amazon
Get that shit on gearbest using XDUOOMP3 promo code.

>The XDUOO X3 has an OLED display.
Monochrome OLED, which is shit, because it's too dark.
>It reads tags and organizes music pertaining to the tags
So it does read metadata. don't cause confusion.
>That's not a counter argument.
It wasn't meant to be, it's just a statement.
>it's priced better than most [MP3 players]
mp3 players are still shit in general

enjoy waiting 3 weeks minimum for your shit and then get a 20% refund because it does not work properly

>touch screen music player
into trash

>for you
I'd imagine most would agree that pressing a real button is superior to touching a glass slate and having a little motor shake the device.
>you think you are the prince of technology? what defines "good"? there are plenty.
Good sound reproduction and build quality.
>sure, there are extension cables with buttons,
I'm not denying their existence, I'm saying that they're retarded. I've already got to manage my headphones' cord, why would I want to add even more length?
>SD cards, i know for sure there are phones that support 1tb, likely even more now.
Every remotely modern phone supports microSD cards up to 2TB, but that doesn't mean jack shit when you can't buy one higher than 256GB.
>you know, it's not like a phone battery can only last 2 hours.
There'd have to be damages done for me to be doing damage control, you fucking buffoon. And no shit.

>Monochrome OLED, which is shit, because it's too dark.
Subjective and shitty opinions. All I need is key information at a glance, nothing more.
>So it does read metadata. don't cause confusion.
I'm sorry you're confused.
>mp3 players are still shit in general
More subjective and shitty opinions. When I see you staring into your phone at rush hour I'll remember to walk into you.

Same amount of delivery time I get from Amazon in Europe. It also works perfectly.

My nigga

>pressing a real button is superior to touching a glass slate
i don't think so
>glass slate
are you a neanderthal?
>good sound reproduction and build quality
can be had for under $15
>when you can't buy one higher than 256gb
1tb cards will be released to the public this year
>Subjective and shitty opinions
wrong
>All I need is key information at a glance
impossible in sunlight (and don't try to lie)
>I'm sorry you're confused.
i'm not, you are, since you don't even know what "read metadata" means (on a technology board)
>When I see you staring into your phone at rush hour
prejudiced much?
>Same amount of delivery time I get from Amazon
with 50€ shipping yes

>i don't think so
You think wrong.
>are you a neanderthal?
The fuck are you on about?
>can be had for under $15
Sure thing.
>1tb cards will be released to the public this year
512GB microSD cards aren't even out yet. And even so, later this year isn't now. Of course in the future things will be better than now, but we're not in the future.

>impossible in sunlight (and don't try to lie)
Even if I couldn't see because of sunlight, which has never happened, I can still do everything I want because the UI is designed to be used without looking.
>i'm not, you are, since you don't even know what "read metadata" means (on a technology board)
You enjoy playing music from a phone, on Sup Forums. Tall talk.
>prejudiced much?
Yes, against stupid people.
>with 50€ shipping yes
It's free shipping.

>You think wrong.
you do, it's subjective.
>The fuck are you on about?
seems like i'm correct
>the UI is designed to be used without looking
because the screen is shit, form over function
>You enjoy playing music from a phone, on Sup Forums. Tall talk.
you don't respect my freedoms on Sup Forums? Tall talk.
>Yes, against stupid people.
ad hominem much
>It's free shipping.
3 week shipping yes

Now you're just shitposting.

I use mine everyday. Some asshole called me a hipster for it.

>because the screen is shit, form over function
It really isn't and it starting to sound like you haven't even used the thing. It's also the exact opposite of form over function. A phone as a music player on the other hand, is exactly that.
>ad hominem much
Very good, user.
>3 weeks shipping
Already said it's the same as Amazon for me.

I see you're deliberately becoming retarded so it seems as if you've been le ebin trolling us this whole time as a final chance to appear coming out on top in an argument.

you are correct, i was trolling all along. now enjoy your shitty player while i enjoy my music on my superior device.

>while i enjoy my music on my superior device
But user's the one with a PMP

joke's on you, a phone is also a PMP

Allow me to correct myself
*But user's the one who actually uses a PMP.

Whoops I thought you said you own a PMP. Regardless you know I meant a dedicated player, you pedantic twat.