God-tier android apps

I'm just gonna leave my top 10 android app list here. All of them, except Aptoide, are open source.

1. F-Droid
2. AFWall+
3. AdAway
4. Checky (From GuardianProject)
5. Yalp Store (PlayStore without Google Services)
6. Amaze
7. Autostarts
8. VLC
9. KeePassDroid
10. Aptoide (For cracked apps)

Feel free to post yours.

Other urls found in this thread:

wugfresh.com/
twrp.me/devices/lgnexus5x.html
openstreetmap.org/user/new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm experimenting with running a no-gapps android phone, and finding that the biggest thing I miss is a good navigator/maps tool.

Any recommendations for a FOSS one that isn't utter dogshit? I have tried Osmand~ but I'm not really digging the whole 'download 800 megs of map data before using this app' thing.

Forgot to mention Cyanogenmod of course, if a custom firmware counts as an app.

Try to find it in the F-Droid repo. That's what I'd do first.

>5. Yalp Store (PlayStore without Google Services)

how the fuck is that possible?

>Cyanogenmod
lel

it ded son

I tested it and it works. You just need a throwaway Google account that has been logged it to PlayStore once.

>JUSTmod

Answer: there isn't one.
The sad reality is that there is no alternative maps software (least of all open-source) that can hold a candle to Google Maps.

Is there any good app for data recovery?

fuck that's just what ive been looking for.

dont have an account tho lol. can you log in via browser?

Don't know any in particular, but as I already said, FDroid is a great place to start looking.

I'm not sure unfortunately. Trying it shouldn't be that much of a hassle, though.

Osmand works good for me, its offline and has wiki, POI search, just takes time to get used to.
Copenhagen rental electric bikes use it too.

OsmAnd is for offline maps. There's ZANavi which requires much less data but it doesn't compare to OsmAnd imo. There are a few others but I haven't tried them yet, if you need navigation there's no reason not to download offline one and sacrifice a couple of hundred megabytes of memory. Most devices have at least 16GB nowadays and you can store your images/videos/music on external storage/mSD where it belongs.

You can enable online maps in the settings for Osmand. No need to pre-download anything then.

Good to know.
Now if I could just get a live traffic overlay (like gmaps has), I would be set.

For (just) displaying traffic one can use OsmAnd overlay/underlay maps in the configure map settings. Yandex Traffic covers only some countries in Eastern Europe (wiki, in Russian), we need layers for other countries too. Overlay maps do not affect route calculation.

which aptoide stores are trustable?
don't want to catch any(more) chink botnets

>Aptoide (For cracked apps)
I can't find anything cracked, I just download from mobilism forum

LeafPic gets better and better.

It's on F-Droid

Just scan the apps with virustoal using GuardianProject's Checky before you run them.

Oops. I meant the guy above.

I got a nexus 5x looking to root it but I don't know much about it. There seem to be a big variety in options as far as tools to root it go
wugfresh.com/
twrp.me/devices/lgnexus5x.html
and a bunch others but I don't see which to choose

Once I root it, I have to download and flash a ROM from the xda forums? Or will rooting it provide it with the Lineage OS/CM?

Any good PDF readers?

Document Viewer on F-Droid

Thanks F-Droid

I like X-Plorer. I liked it when it was on Symbian and it's still good in Android. It just works. Everyone likes to talk about Solid Explorer and Mixplorer but I always go back to X-plorer.

>5. Yalp Store (PlayStore without Google Services)
APKPure

>install Yalp
>asks for google user and password
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Any good video player that works with SFTP?
I don't like VLC.

What's a good rooted alternative to Tesla Unread?

I need an unread notification notifier for Nova Launcher or just in general, but while Tesla Unread works fine... It doesn't work for most applications.

The ones that it works for there are no issues, but the non-supported ones require you to have notifications enabled, which defeats the whole purpose of it and clutters my notifications which is exactly what I don't want and why I use Tesla Unread in the first place.

Surely, there's a rooted version of this, right? Or is it not possible?

Apple iPhone 7 does not have this issue.

It's open source you dumb fuck

none. stop downloading from aptoide

I'm sick of this google keyboard update, does anyone have an alternative that features gesture typing for dutch? I already searched around on f-droid and the play store but nothing that suits my needs (or isn't infected with botnets ads and bloat)

So you'd rather download it live from the cloud?

Thats expensive yo, google maps can do that cuz it spies on your ass to pay for it

>I tested it and it works. You just need a throwaway Google account that has been logged it to PlayStore once.

aosp keyboard

>tfw neo MX player has cancerous ads
>VLC is shit
>MPV barely even works
Fucking hell, what's a good FOSS video player with HEVC capabilities?

vlc works fine

that is one ugly confusing map

>which aptoide stores are trustable?

if you trust aptoide you are a fucking retard

only safe places to get apps are:

play store
f-droid
xda labs
known homepages of trusted devs

mupdf

How do you think it gets apps from the playstore? You use a throwaway account.

Kodi

>I'm sick of this google keyboard update,

downgrade to google keyboard in your android app settings page you dumbfuck.

or use hacker's keyboard

Lineage OS isn't out yet. Official CM download mirrors are down so you have to look elsewhere online to find the rom you want.

Best to just wait for official builds of Lineage Os to come out.

>xda labs
i don't want pajeet apps

vlc is actually pretty decent on android

I tried Kodi but the UI on phone is fucking terrible.

Actually you can find automated lineageos builds on afh (official ones). Not for all devices tho

Yeah that's true, I can't seem to find one for my xiaomi mi5 yet though.

it's not just pajeet apps.

>8. VLC

It's almost as if this list was made by a fucking moron.

Use the new estouchy skin on Kodi 17

There's literally nothing wrong with VLC on android

If you think VLC is bad on Android you haven't used it. It's not MXPlayer good yet but its finally decent.

I'll give that a try.

Terrarium TV is pretty good for free movies and TV shows.

What's an application that allows me to add black bars to videos I create on my phone?

Such as simple concept, but seems like I need an entire editing suite.

Works like a charm senpai.

>Yalp
Fuck, I need this but logging in with my account that I use android for would likely get me v&

My list:
DAVdroid: contact and calendar sync with your own server.
K9: email client for your own email server
KDE connect: sends notifications to your computer
owncloud client: file sync with your own server.
Draw: semi useful for making notes, could use a better one.
920 editor: text editor
KISS launcher: launcher
Ringdroid: because android does not have an easy way to change ringtones for some reason.

>AIMP
>Mpv
>asus file explorer
>open camera
>open sans font (hey its an app according to my phone!)
>KLWP
>KWGT
>Nova launcher
>Splendid bluefilter(only for asusfags tho)

or just use apkmirror

Pedo alert

Aptoide is a botnet

>what is APKPure

sorry but I don't care about opensource if you need a google account to use the app

there are plenty of alternatives to download apps from the google store without using an account

it doesn't even let you search the store

I switched to Chrooma after the update.

where 2 get klwp pro for free :(

What's the best camera app for an S7 or photoeditor?

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem

The 6s does

>where 2 get klwp pro for free :(
>what is lucky patcher?

move files to the ringtone folder and select the ringtone from media storage on sound settings. It will include the tracks that are on the folder, including the system ones.

it does let you search the store

I can't without login in
it closes if I don't put my google credentials

make a random google account..
can't trust jewy sites such as apkpure

>can't trust jewy sites such as apkpure
give it a try
I couldn't either

but the APKPure client totally changed my mind

it really works, and it doesn't bother you at all

the one I truly don't trust is aptoide
that shit is a virus den

Any good video editors?
Every editor I've found just adds filters to the video

Osmand doesn't even have my fucking address in its maps. I can't tell it to go to my home; I have to use somewhere close to it that is in the map.

There is literally no replacement for google maps except a discrete GPS.

just pay for mx player dumbass

Just use your desktop you fag

get into openstreetmap
and contribute with your address, lad

openstreetmap.org/user/new

It should have my address by default.

Lightning Browser
Orbot

Can Aptoide be used to update apps installed from Google Play after you delete your Google account from your phone, or it's still dangerous/a shit idea?

Here is better than Gmaps imho. Its not FOSS, but it runs fine offline.

OsmAnd~ (from F-Droid)

>I have tried Osmand~ but I'm not really digging the whole 'download 800 megs of map data before using this app' thing.
But that's a plus, m9. If you are outside a city and the internet connection sucks you can still use it without problems, while Google Maps stops working.
Also

>be me in the city centre a particular day where i need to go to a specific address
>set address on osmand
>the maps starts rotating around without stopping and doesn't even show the right track
why is this app even allowed to exist

temix

Google Maps is hard to beat. I use Waze all the time but last I read Google owns them now so there is that. Openstreetmaps was ok but anything using that is going to take time to build up. Google has an edge because it has tentacles in the US/Global governments so they will likely keep their edge.

Waze